Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Maelstrom Round 6 "XX,XXX Spit" -- How do you beat this??

Cathexis
Cathexis
✭✭✭✭✭
Every time I get her down to like 2/3~ and then instantly die.

I adjusted my build to compensate - so naturally I get hit by 2 spits and die.

:/ how do you beat this?
The Tomb of FPS Alteration Magic - Everything You Need to Know About FPS
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/520903/tomb-of-fps-alteration-magic-everything-you-need-to-know-about-fps
Praise Malacath.
  • Zyle
    Zyle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's because she's enraged, you have to uncover all totems to stun her and make her not enraged. I had to do it a total of 3 times, I imagine high dps could manage doing it twice. Make sure to lead the hoarvor to the totems to save you time, throwing the grenades was nearly death for me.

676 CP
    Zyle - LVL50 Stamina Nightblade - Former Emp AS - VMA Clear (Flawless)
    Joven - LVL50 Hybrid Templar
    Adion - LVL50 Stamina DK
    Radac - LVL50 Magicka Sorcerer
    Vanikath - LVL50 Magicka DK
  • Cathexis
    Cathexis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I see, interesting I didn't think you could undo the webbing. Trouble is now when I spawn into the fight only 2 pillars are active. I'm a very tanky build -- I don't die to anything easily, I pretty much outheal the whole fight other than those crazy spits that come out of nowhere.
    Edited by Cathexis on November 3, 2015 11:39PM
    The Tomb of FPS Alteration Magic - Everything You Need to Know About FPS
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/520903/tomb-of-fps-alteration-magic-everything-you-need-to-know-about-fps
    Praise Malacath.
  • Kas
    Kas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    controlling the pillars (kill spinner + kill hoavers near totem or use synergy to throw at totems) can be done with every amount of dps and will always be possible before the enrage. how often you have to do it, though, depends on your dps
    @bbu - AD/EU
    Kasiia - Templar (AR46)
    Kasiir Aberion - Sorc (AR38)
    Dr Kastafari - Warden (~AR31)
    + many others
  • NovaShadow
    NovaShadow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You've gotta follow the mechanics of the fight, you can't just down the boss.
    PC NA - EPHS
  • sickboy2808
    sickboy2808
    ✭✭✭
    So being all Tank i have no chance of doing this?
    ZOS takes cheating very Lightly. You have been warned, and any cheaters found out will get the Least punishment possible...
  • kungmoo
    kungmoo
    ✭✭✭
    the spiders that cover the totems and the hoarvers to unweb them both have very low health so you should still be able to as a tank I would assume
    Some men are alive simply because it is against the law to kill them. -Edward W. Howe
  • sickboy2808
    sickboy2808
    ✭✭✭
    Nice 1 i cant wait to try it
    ZOS takes cheating very Lightly. You have been warned, and any cheaters found out will get the Least punishment possible...
  • Lord_Wrath
    Lord_Wrath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just got spit on before having a chance to uncover all pillars, wtf??
    1300+ CP | Lørd Wrath | - Sorcerer - Palatine - Grand Master Crafter - 30000 Achievement Points
    Launch Player - PC - NA - EP
  • magictucktuck
    magictucktuck
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The extra spit damage is from her mini me kill them
    PC-NA

Necromancer

Flawless Conqueror

https://www.magictucktuck.com for my builds and guides!
  • AddictionX
    AddictionX
    ✭✭✭✭
    you cannot miss a bug, or a spinner thats the dumb you-lose mechanic in that fight.... well maybe 1 but thats really it...
  • code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Her enrage gets worse over time. On that fight, I'd say the target priority is as follows:
    1. Webspinners: These are spiders that spawn right next to unwebbed totems (they appear by burrowing out of the ground). Kill them before they web the totem. They are really annoying, since it's easy to miss their spawns when you're busy dealing with everything else. Always try to keep an eye on the unwebbed totems, and when you notice that a webspinner has spawned, kill it ASAP.
    2. The smaller spider daedra: They look just like the boss, except smaller. The reason they are a high priority is because their spits will snare you (according to the patch notes, that mechanic was recently removed in normal MA, but it's still there in vet), and you can't afford to lose mobility in this fight.
    3. Hoarvors: Kill them near a webbed totem to unweb it. If you kill one anywhere else, you'll have to pick up the grenade that it leaves behind and throw it--this is risky, though, and it's easy to die while trying to pick up and throw the grenade. Initially, they will wander the arena randomly, but once you hit it, they will chase you, so then you can lead it to a totem. They are pretty fragile, though, and so I usually hit it with just a light attack to avoid killing it prematurely.

Once all the totems are unwebbed, all enemies on the map, including the boss, will be stunned (webspinners and spider swarms will also instantly die) and the boss's enrage will reset.
    Nightfighters ― PC/NA and PC/EU

Dungeons and Trials:
    Personal best scores:
    Dungeon trifectas:
    Media: YouTubeTwitch
  • elijafire
    elijafire
    ✭✭✭
    Cathexis wrote: »
    Every time I get her down to like 2/3~ and then instantly die.

I adjusted my build to compensate - so naturally I get hit by 2 spits and die.

:/ how do you beat this?

Aaaah thanks, when I did this on my sorc I just killed the boss I didn't know how to stop the little spiders so I just kited them around and killed the boss, didn't even know about the pillars. With the pets tanking most of the adds I could just burn her down without obeying any mechanics.

Can't do that on my DK lol, now I need this info.

Edit:

WOW that was super easy doing it the right way LOL!
    Edited by elijafire on August 10, 2018 5:23PM
  • firedrgn
    firedrgn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hit the horbavors with one light attack that will taunt them. Be standing next to a totem when the get there hit um again and the totem should light up.
  • BuddyAces
    BuddyAces
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Keep all but one totem uncovered during the whole round

When she spawns, unocver the last one to stun her (make sure to grab the power sigil) and nuke her.

Not 100 percent sure, but I think you may be able to dodge roll that spit.
    They nerfed magsorcs so hard stamsorcs felt it,lol - Somber97866

I'm blown away by the utter stupidity I see here on the daily. - Wrekkedd
  • Danksta
    Danksta
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    BuddyAces wrote: »

When she spawns, unocver the last one to stun her (make sure to grab the power sigil) and nuke her.

It can be dodged and iirc can be reflected as well.
    BawKinTackWarDs PS4/NA

• Potenza
    Potenza
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have been giving vma a go and I am also on the 6th round - question I have about the totems is sometimes they are lit and sometimes they are not - AND sometimes one goes out just as the spiders are on me and kill me.

What part of the mechanics am I missing that dictates the totems to be lit and unlit?

I have been studying the Alcast video but dont remember a reference to it.
    Edited by Potenza on August 13, 2018 8:37PM
  • BuddyAces
    BuddyAces
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Potenza wrote: »
    I have been giving vma a go and I am also on the 6th round - question I have about the totems is sometimes they are lit and sometimes they are not - AND sometimes one goes out just as the spiders are on me and kill me.

What part of the mechanics am I missing that dictates the totems to be lit and unlit?

Random. You can get screwed. Pop a shield/potion/heal and run to the one that lights up.

If I'm wrong, someone correct me but I'm fairly positive that's all there is to it.

• BuddyAces
    BuddyAces
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Danksta wrote: »
    BuddyAces wrote: »

It can be dodged and iirc can be reflected as well.

I thought so.

I just usually keep all the totems but one (obviously) open until the final round (am I the only one who doesn't bother with totems until the last boss???). Hit the last one and nuke the boss as much as possible and I thought I remembered dodge rolling that nasty ass spit.

• irswat
    irswat
    ✭✭✭✭
    leave one totem uncovered prior to final round, then kill 1 hoarver on remaining totem, drop ultimate on boss and burn before she wakes up. ezpz
    The Lord Jesus Christ saved me from sin and darkness. His love has transformed me so that I am a new creature in Him. May you find Him too, and experience His richness and goodness!
  • Donny_Vito
    Donny_Vito
    ✭✭✭✭✭

From my experience, a few of the Totems will light up at the same time which it's why you should always have more than one unwebbed and look for the spiders that will re-web them to kill them ASAP. You'll notice when the Totems light is getting ready to fade away, as it will start to flicker. Start looking for a new Totem to run to if need be.

Note: You don't need to be standing right next to the Totem. The whole point of the light is to get the small spiders to hit the light, and once they do they'll run away. I've noticed that the lightning bolt AOEs seem to get more intense when the game knows you have to get next to a totem for the light, therefore try not to stand in one spot right next to the light as you'll get destroyed by the lightning.
  • Donny_Vito
    Donny_Vito
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also, not sure if this was mentioned above or not, but the mini-deadra spider will shoot some spit at you that will start to reduce your movement speed, and eventually you move so slow you're probably not going to be able to avoid the lightning. If possible, line up your DOTs so that they hit the small spider and the boss at the same time, or else try to lay down DOTs on the boss and work the small spider down while still keeping your eye out for the other spider that re-webs the Totems.
  • ChunkyCat
    ChunkyCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The trick to beating that round is to not run out of health before the adds do.

:trollface:
    Edited by ChunkyCat on August 17, 2018 5:43PM
  • boombazookajd
    boombazookajd
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Ideally, going into the final boss round, you want to have 4 of the obelisks dewebbed. That way you have two lit areas to go to as one will likely run out when the swarm appears.

This stage is the hardest for me as dying at the final boss really punishes you more than any others. It resets the obelisks and honestly you're better off just restarting the whole round, ensuring that you keep 4 of the 5 dewebbed until the boss round.

Once you're in the boss round, drop your dots on her and keep the hoarver away from the unlit obelisk, that way you don't get caught out by an unintentional stun. Get her down close to the point where the lurcher spawns, I think its either 75 or 50%, so get her to about 80 or 60%, then get the power sigil and the next hoarver to the pole, kill it and stun the boss.

Once she's stunned, you can burn her (but don't run out of resources). If you don't outright kill her there, grab the remaining sigils and focus on her. She should be around 15% at that point and you can pretty quickly finish her off while using the healing and defense sigil.
    Drathus Delenu- Dunmer magDk: Shehai Shatterer, Mageslayer, Stormproof, Peak Scaler, Clockwork Confounder, Orderly, Master Wizard, Cloudrest Hero, Undaunted, Dragonstar Arena Champion
    Thoronir Rolston- Breton petsorc: Stormproof
    Zaakazha-Redguard stamblade: Boethia's Scythe, Clockwork Confounder, Maelstrom Arena Champion, Dragonstar Arena Champion

Scrubs:
    Justinius Maximus Decimus- Altmer magblade
    Agronak gro'Mashul- Orc DK Tank
    Valerya Hawkcroft- Breton healer
    Zaaka- Imperial stamDK/crafter