The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8100050/#Comment_8100050

Do crowns accumulate if you never play?

OldJackBurton
I'm an ESO Plus member so I receive 1500 crowns every month. If I don't play for say three months, when I return will I have 4500 crowns? Do crowns accumulate when you don't play?

Best Answers

• OldManJim
    OldManJim
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As long as you keep your subscription running, I don't see why not.
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    Answer ✓
  • Volkodav
    Volkodav
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes,they roll over month to month.Just dont unsub or you'll lose them all.
    Answer ✓
  • Duiwel
    Duiwel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well what happens is you subscribe for a certain amount of time and you receive all the crowns at the moment of payment so say in example A:

You start subbing today 23 Feb 2016 for say 3 months, you would then receive all 4500 crowns today. You would not receive 1500crowns on the 1st of every month.

I am not sure if you can automatically sub to this game or not so I am not sure if you can just tick a box and it re-subs you automatically until you un-tick it and request to be unsubscribed after which your time expires you will no longer be a ESO plus member.

As I cannot check ( this pc has no access to my account so I cannot just log in ).

However I am fairly certain if you can do it like that then it would credit you with the crowns on the date of payment similar to what it is like now.
    @Duiwel:
    Join ORDER OF SITHIS We're recruiting! PC EU

"Dear Brother. I do not spread rumours. I create them..."
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    But why would you keep your sub running if you're not playing?

You can't use any of the other benefits, so you may as well just buy a 1,500 crown pack when you come back.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Volkodav wrote: »
    That's not true. Crowns do not get removed.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • Volkodav
    Volkodav
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Enodoc wrote: »

Really? Interesting. I had been told that they do,if you havent used them.If what you say is true,that's a good thing! :}
    Edited by Volkodav on February 25, 2016 6:27AM
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Really? Interesting. I had been told that they do,if you havent used them.If what you say is true,that's a good thing! :}
    I'm currently sitting on 12,200 Crowns. Only 5,500 of those are direct purchase; the rest are from ESO Plus and Year 1 loyalty. I unsubbed from ESO Plus in August.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
  • Volkodav
    Volkodav
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'm currently sitting on 12,200 Crowns. Only 5,500 of those are direct purchase; the rest are from ESO Plus and Year 1 loyalty. I unsubbed from ESO Plus in August.

Well,that's a relief.I'd hate to know that people lose them.Seems like the person who told me you lose them was wrong.
    Thanks for straightening me out! :}
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Duiwel wrote: »
    Well what happens is you subscribe for a certain amount of time and you receive all the crowns at the moment of payment so say in example A:

You start subbing today 23 Feb 2016 for say 3 months, you would then receive all 4500 crowns today. You would not receive 1500crowns on the 1st of every month.

I am not sure if you can automatically sub to this game or not so I am not sure if you can just tick a box and it re-subs you automatically until you un-tick it and request to be unsubscribed after which your time expires you will no longer be a ESO plus member.

As I cannot check ( this pc has no access to my account so I cannot just log in ).

However I am fairly certain if you can do it like that then it would credit you with the crowns on the date of payment similar to what it is like now.

Yep, that's how it works on PC. However, on console, your only option is a monthly subscription with auto-renew. So, you get your 1500 Crowns on a monthly basis. Of course, only when it works. They supposedly fixed the missing Crowns issue, but I still see new posts from people who didn't get their monthly allotment (XB).
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I believe you may be thinking of another MMO. I want to say TSW removed your cash shop stipend if you unsubscribed, though it might just be their stipend currency expired after 5 or 6 months.

As Enodoc pointed out, though, ESO does not do that.
  • marty2618
    marty2618
    Soul Shriven
    I stopped playing and unsubscribed, recently started playing again and all my crowns were gone.
  • DaveMoeDee
    DaveMoeDee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    marty2618 wrote: »
    I stopped playing and unsubscribed, recently started playing again and all my crowns were gone.

What platform? Subscription or no subscription, the account still exists. What platform are you on?
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    marty2618 wrote: »
    Something has gone wrong there. You should submit a ticket to Support.
  • Volkodav
    Volkodav
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I believe you may be thinking of another MMO. I want to say TSW removed your cash shop stipend if you unsubscribed, though it might just be their stipend currency expired after 5 or 6 months.

As Enodoc pointed out, though, ESO does not do that.

I got it.Thanks. :}
  • TheShadowScout
    TheShadowScout
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You get crowns from paying, not from playing. If you keep paying, you keep getting crowns. Its that simple.

If crowns vanish on their own... then something must have gone wrong. And it'd be a case for the support team to look into. As has been mentioned.
  • DragonSamurai360
    DragonSamurai360
    ✭✭✭
    I have 1500 Crowns sitting on my PC account I probably won't be able to use for quite a while, due to the fact I'm not going to be able to get a PC that can run ESO properly. I'm playing ESO on Xbox One for now and probably will be doing so for the foreseeable future. I probably won't go back to PC now anyways, because I own a lot of things from the Crown Store I can't get now or want to reinvest in again.

NOTE: They have been sitting there for 5 months so far.
    Edited by DragonSamurai360 on March 6, 2016 12:58AM
  • Stratti
    Stratti
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Im returning after year. I got 1100 bonus when tu launched bc i was on the old system. They are still there now.
  • Saltypretzels
    Saltypretzels
    ✭✭✭✭
    It takes about 30 seconds to sub and 15 seconds to unsub. It really puzzles my brain why anyone would pay $45 to not play the game.
  • Volkodav
    Volkodav
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

It takes about 30 seconds to sub and 15 seconds to unsub. It really puzzles my brain why anyone would pay $45 to not play the game.

What costs $45.00?