Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Why weren't all these bugs that are now on Live found on PTS?

Erock25
Erock25
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
So many bugs that the game is unplayable. Was it because not enough people were testing or is feedback getting ignored or are not enough people testing BECAUSE feedback is always ignored?
You earned the 500 LOLs badge.
You received 500 LOLs. It ain't no fluke, you post great stuff and we're lucky to have you here. +50 points
  • DaveMoeDee
    DaveMoeDee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I don't know about you, but I am liking the 64-bit squirrels!
  • Saucy_Jack
    Saucy_Jack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Short answer: I would estimate that probably 90% of the people using the PTS are merely trying to see what's broken so they can exploit it when it goes live.

I label this category "Giant Douchenozzles".

The other 10% are using the PTS for what it's ACTUALLY for: to beta test things and subsequently bug report.

I label this category "People Who Actually Want This Game To Be The Best It Can Be".
    ALL HAIL SNUGGLORR THE MAGNIFICENT, KING OF THE RNG AND NIRN'S ONE TRUE GOD! Also, become a Scrub-scriber! SJ Scrubs: Playing games badly to make you feel better about yourself.
  • Husan
    Husan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Saucy_Jack wrote: »
    Short answer: I would estimate that probably 90% of the people using the PTS are merely trying to see what's broken so they can exploit it when it goes live.

I label this category "Giant Douchenozzles".

The other 10% are using the PTS for what it's ACTUALLY for: to beta test things and subsequently bug report.

I label this category "People Who Actually Want This Game To Be The Best It Can Be".

That's not true. 90% of the people that are on PTS were trying to see what's broken, yes. However, not to abuse it when it goes live, but to fix it.

To answer the OP, I think a lot of it has to do with the lack of CP in Cyrodiil for us european players, for example, I for one couldn't predict the new proxy det will still be hitting for 13k on single targets. Some of the bugs are also new, and I don't think they could be detected in the PTS as they probably weren't even there and things got broke somewhere in between 2.3.4 and 2.3.5.
    Edited by Husan on March 9, 2016 7:58AM
  • Husan
    Husan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    double post
    Edited by Husan on March 9, 2016 7:57AM
  • acw37162
    acw37162
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For PVP they disallowed or capped CP and according to Gina could only have one campaign on test.

Very few testers, Zerg out.

Limited people, competing interests, to much to test.

I know they turned down the difficulty in the trial just so testers could get go the last boss to test it.

No one says this but the final stag of testing on a MMO like this one is live release. You can not simulate the live environment, people hate to hear DLC launch is actually Aplha testing but it is even if they don't say it.

Lastly if you don't have test account pony up.

I'm a PS4 player and bought a second copy of the game so I could test on my PC. I think it's a load of crap Xbox and PS players have to purchase the game twice to help test as they know we have accounts but I guess it's to much trouble/work to get ZOS access to more testers.
    Edited by acw37162 on March 9, 2016 8:11AM
  • Lucky28
    Lucky28
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I played on PTS and didn't see pink mounts nor did i crash every five seconds. something just got broke from PTS to Live. next couple days the majority of these bugs will more than likely be taken care of.
    Edited by Lucky28 on March 9, 2016 9:04AM
    Invictus
  • Abeille
    Abeille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PTS didn't have that missing texture problem.

Other bugs, like the sound issues with the 64bit client, were found and reported. I did report, at least.
    Just so that everyone knows, my Altmer still can't have black hair. About a dozen of Altmer NPCs in the game have black hair. Just saying.

Meet my characters:
    Command: Do the thing.

Zadarri, Khajiit Fist of Thalmor: The thing was done, as commanded.
    Durza gra-Maghul, Orc blacksmith: The thing was done perfectly, in the most efficient way.
    Tegwen, Bosmer troublemaker: You can't prove I didn't do the thing.
    Sings-Many-Songs, Argonian fisher: Sure, I'll do the thing... Eventually. Maybe.
    Aerindel, Altmer stormcaller: After extensive research, I've come to the conclusion that doing the thing would be a waste of resources.
    Liliel, Dunmer pyromancer: Aerindel said I shouldn't do the thing. Something about "resources".
    Gyda Snowcaller, Nord cryomancer: I will find a way to do it that won't waste resources and make Aerindel proud of me.
    Beatrice Leoriane, Breton vampire: I persuaded someone else into doing the thing. You are welcome, dear.
    Sahima, Redguard performer: Doing the thing sounds awfully unpleasant and really not my problem.
    Ellaria Valerius, Imperial priestess: I'll pray to the Eight for the thing to be done, if it is Their will.
  • Zaldan
    Zaldan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    the problem is simply the shear volume of bugs, take a look at the PTS patch notes to see how many were found already, if ZO$ could code above amateur level there probably wouldn't be this many bugs to start with.
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain.
    Niidro tiid wah fusvok dirkah.

aka.@Cuthceol
  • blindhawk333
    blindhawk333
    ✭✭
    Actually, the PTS did have missing textures, the most common I saw were wayshrines in various EP zones that had pink panels instead of their usual texture panels...

I know my group reported every bug we found in the world zones and in the trial because we wanted a smooth transition to live and a fun experience-changes were made to correct those bugs but such small populations on the PTS just cannot find all the bugs that end up going live on the megaservers. It is like that for all MMOs I have played on, beta (alpha) tested, and PTS tested...
  • helediron
    helediron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In PTS templates can't craft sets, there are no extra materials, there are no test dummies, /bug didn't work.
    On hiatus. PC,EU,AD - crafting completionist - @helediron 900+ cp, @helestor 1000+ cp, @helestar 800+ cp, @helester 700+ cp - Dragonborn Z Suomikilta, Harrods, Master Crafter. - Blog - Crafthouse: all stations, all munduses, all dummies, open to everyone
  • Didgerion
    Didgerion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Erock25 wrote: »
    So many bugs that the game is unplayable. Was it because not enough people were testing or is feedback getting ignored or are not enough people testing BECAUSE feedback is always ignored?

The development phase didn't go as planed.

It is just a bad fortune, it happens often in IT world.
  • Abeille
    Abeille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Actually, the PTS did have missing textures, the most common I saw were wayshrines in various EP zones that had pink panels instead of their usual texture panels...

Weird. I played on the PTS for the four weeks, and when they made the 64bit client available on Windows 10 I only played that for the remaining few days before it went live, and didn't have any issues with missing textures.

But that's worse, then, because people did report the issue and it wasn't solved before going live. I wish they had delayed the patch a bit :/
    Just so that everyone knows, my Altmer still can't have black hair. About a dozen of Altmer NPCs in the game have black hair. Just saying.

Meet my characters:
    Command: Do the thing.

Zadarri, Khajiit Fist of Thalmor: The thing was done, as commanded.
    Durza gra-Maghul, Orc blacksmith: The thing was done perfectly, in the most efficient way.
    Tegwen, Bosmer troublemaker: You can't prove I didn't do the thing.
    Sings-Many-Songs, Argonian fisher: Sure, I'll do the thing... Eventually. Maybe.
    Aerindel, Altmer stormcaller: After extensive research, I've come to the conclusion that doing the thing would be a waste of resources.
    Liliel, Dunmer pyromancer: Aerindel said I shouldn't do the thing. Something about "resources".
    Gyda Snowcaller, Nord cryomancer: I will find a way to do it that won't waste resources and make Aerindel proud of me.
    Beatrice Leoriane, Breton vampire: I persuaded someone else into doing the thing. You are welcome, dear.
    Sahima, Redguard performer: Doing the thing sounds awfully unpleasant and really not my problem.
    Ellaria Valerius, Imperial priestess: I'll pray to the Eight for the thing to be done, if it is Their will.
  • The Uninvited
    The Uninvited
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Because for most of the time on PTS, 64-bit didn't work.
    Pandora's Promise (rip) | LND | Pactriotic | IKnowWhatUDidLastWinter's | The Uninvited |

Ride the paranoia | All life is pain | Only the grave is real
  • Animal_Mother
    Animal_Mother
    ✭✭✭✭
    It always helps to have more people test things out on PTS.
    Abeille wrote: »
    But that's worse, then, because people did report the issue and it wasn't solved before going live. I wish they had delayed the patch a bit :/

There was a post pleading with ZOS to delay the DLC. Too bad they don't read/act on feedback. But then this post appears every test; I guess Chicken Little is correct sometimes.

Don't forget /bug was broken for a week.

Wasn't there feedback from ZOS, saying something like don't worry about 64-bit, it will be fixed for release?

As @Husan said. We're there looking for bugs and exploits to report. No one, wants to play a broken game when released.
    Edited by Animal_Mother on March 9, 2016 7:05PM
  • Idinuse
    Idinuse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In my case, it started with sound glitches on the PTS, but by the 2.3.4 patch it was solid and free of glitches for me, neither pink textures nor audio glitches. I played two days for about 5 hours each with no problem on Windows 10 (64-bit client).

Then with the 2.3.5 live patch, I was back to sound glitches and pink textures.

FPS and latency was brilliant on PTS too, I guess it's tough to really stress test this with the low population on the PTS.
    Sed ut perspiciatis unde omnis iste natus error sit voluptatem accusantium dolorem que laudantium, totam rem aperiam, eaque ipsa quae ab illo inventore veritatis et quasi architecto beatae vitae dicta sunt explicabo. Nemo enim ipsam voluptatem quia voluptas sit aspernatur aut odit aut fugit, sed quia consequuntur magni dolores eos qui ratione voluptatem sequi nesciunt. Neque porro quisquam est, qui dolorem ipsum quia dolor sit amet, consectetur, adipisci velit, sed quia non numquam eius modi tempora incidunt ut labore et dolore magnam aliquam quaerat voluptatem. Ut enim ad minima veniam, quis nostrum exercitationem ullam corporis suscipit laboriosam, nisi ut aliquid ex ea commodi consequatur? Quis autem vel eum iure reprehenderit qui in ea voluptate velit esse quam nihil molestiae consequatur, vel illum qui dolorem eum fugiat quo voluptas nulla pariatur?
  • code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Erock25 wrote: »

They should've pushed things back to give themselves more time to address problems instead of dogmatically sticking to their pre-announced release date.
    Nightfighters ― PC/NA and PC/EU

Dungeons and Trials:
    Personal best scores:
    Dungeon trifectas:
    Media: YouTubeTwitch
  • WillhelmBlack
    WillhelmBlack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I couldn't play it because the difficulty was too easy and mind numbingly boring. I posted in the PTS forum about FPS issues and guess what?...crashing. Exactly what I have now. Many of us in that thread said the patch shouldn't go live but what do we know?
    PC EU
  • Taryf
    Taryf
    ✭✭✭
    Im sorry for You guys, but i hope on consoles we wont have this kind of bugs.
    PS4
    EU
    Imperial Dragonknight Stamina Tank
    Ebonheart Pact

M'aiq prefers to adventure alone. Others just get in the way. And they talk, talk, talk - M'aiq the Liar
  • Teridaxus
    Teridaxus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I used the 64 beta client but never had seen pink animals or broken sounds like on live right now.
    Also didn't tested thieves guild stuff like fast respawning thieves troves since i didn't want the story get spoiled.
  • phreatophile
    phreatophile
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And if they had been? The majority of them would have still gone live.

I'm sure that as this thread progresses we will find a great many of the bugs were reported. They were last time and the time before that and the time.... you get the picture.

The cycle is too short, and they are too wedded to the schedule.
  • Nifty2g
    Nifty2g
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    because theres not enough people on the pts
    #MOREORBS
  • Zinaroth
    Zinaroth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Knowing ZOS, most of them were probably introduced in the patch version that went on Live but never got tested on PTS.
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Most bugs are found, reported etc, but not fixed in time for live, this is ZOS fault, not the players, and its sad.

PC EU
    PvP only