Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Skill Reset with TG?

spoqster
spoqster
✭✭✭✭✭
I apologize if I have overlooked this. But I think it's in everyone's interest to get an official statement: Will there be a free skill reset with the TG launch, yes or no?

Thanks for answering!

@ZOS_GinaBruno
  • starlizard70ub17_ESO
    starlizard70ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I honestly hope not, or at least make it optional.
    "We have found a cave, but I don't think there are warm fires and friendly faces inside."
  • Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    No, because people cried last time.

They did major changes to skills and people were annoyed they could change skills around for free.

Potential 80k gold spend for me this patch! Thanks whiners!
  • spoqster
    spoqster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd love it if they would someday change the functionality to resemble that of the Champion System: Paying the fee allows to freely re-distribute skill points until you click "Done", which makes the choices permanent.

That would give us the same functionality without the terror of having to re-assign 300 skill points.

The easiest way to handle this would probably be to allow each player one free reset, as in the next time you go to change your skills it will cost 0, no matter when you decide to do it.
  • spoqster
    spoqster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Brrrofski wrote: »

They did major changes to skills and people were annoyed they could change skills around for free.

Well, it's a design problem. I can't blame the whiners, because the way they designed the skill reset is so clunky. If they made it optional or more convenient, nobody would whine and everybody would be very happy.
  • Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    spoqster wrote: »
    Brrrofski wrote: »

Well, it's a design problem. I can't blame the whiners, because the way they designed the skill reset is so clunky. If they made it optional or more convenient, nobody would whine and everybody would be very happy.

How is it clunky? It takes like 10 minutes max to put the skills back.

Honestly, people went way out with the QQ
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All they need to do is offer a couple of weeks of 100 Gold Skill Resets like they did with 1.5. Then people can choose to respec or not, or they can try different things with the new skills.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• spoqster
    spoqster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey, I didn't intend this as a discussion on how these skill resets work or should work. I just want to clear up for everyone if there will be some kind of reset next week or not.
  • Saturn
    Saturn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There won't be a skill reset. They stopped doing it after Imperial City because people were complaining.
    "Madness is a bitter mercy, perhaps, but a mercy nonetheless."

Fire and Ice
  • Dyride
    Dyride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why not give out a free Skill Reset Scroll for each character?
    V Є H Є M Є И C Є
      Ḍ̼̭͔yride

Revenge of the Bear

ØMNI
      Solongandthanksforallthef
      Revenge of the Hist
      Revenge of the Deer

Remember the Great Burn of of the Blackwater War!

#FreeArgonia
    1. Xvorg
      Xvorg
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      Nestor wrote: »
      All they need to do is offer a couple of weeks of 100 Gold Skill Resets like they did with 1.5. Then people can choose to respec or not, or they can try different things with the new skills.

100? What if Stuhn gives you your new skills at 0 cost only once, if you want?
      Sarcasm is something too serious to be taken lightly

I was born with the wrong sign
      In the wrong house
      With the wrong ascendancy
      I took the wrong road
      That led to the wrong tendencies
      I was in the wrong place at the wrong time
      For the wrong reason and the wrong rhyme
      On the wrong day of the wrong week
      Used the wrong method with the wrong technique
    2. Nestor
      Nestor
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Xvorg wrote: »

100? What if Stuhn gives you your new skills at 0 cost only once, if you want?

Testing Morphs mostly. Also, I have most of my weapon skills leveled up, but not points in all of them. Might want to use a different weapon.

Their reasoning is they can't figure out how to offer a free respec with the game system unless they force it on everyone. By lowering the price to some small token amount, then they are essentially free. I mean, if you can't make a 100 gold in two minutes in this game, figuring out what skills to use is the least of your problems. Its been done before this way, and no one complained about it as it was optional for everyone and not a one time and your done thing either.

3. Nestor
      Nestor
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      spoqster wrote: »
      Hey, I didn't intend this as a discussion on how these skill resets work or should work. I just want to clear up for everyone if there will be some kind of reset next week or not.

We are hoping that they are paying attention to these threads and offer the 100 Gold respec. I have 8 characters, all of them are going to need Champ Point Repecs, and most of them will need Skill Point or Morph resets. So, I figure this update is going to cost me about 100,000 in gold when all is said and done.

4. Taleof2Cities
      Taleof2Cities
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Nestor wrote: »

^This.^

... or better yet ...

Offer the choice of free respec to each character after patch download is complete ...
    5. GaldorP
      GaldorP
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Would really be nice to know if there's an automatic skill reset tomorrow or not (I've made sreenshots of all my builds to be on the safe side, but still) :)
    6. DaveMoeDee
      DaveMoeDee
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭
      100 skill reset sounds ideal, so long as people log in during that period.

I prefer complete reset to no reset. I want to get my points out of trait research.
    7. Husan
      Husan
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      5th thread asking about this in the past month.

Also I think this is the fifth time I am pointing out that ZOS promised more dev interaction over a year ago
      Once the dust settles a bit from this change of direction, you should expect to see increased participation from the developers. They would love to chime into constructive threads and provide some feedback!

Yet we still can't have a simple yes/no answer.

8. LaucianNailor
      LaucianNailor
      ✭✭✭
      Completely agree here: sadly we've not only had Dev's MIA (which to be honest is understandable given a release deadline approaching) but very disappointingly the presence of the community team has been scant to say the least over the recent couple of weeks and they have seemingly blatently ignored certain questions such as this one.

The arrogance of making, some would say significant changes, to what will be the primary character customisation mechanism following the removal of VR and no indication or support for allowing a free or minimal cost respect is pathetic.
      The current Mac 64 bit client on PTS is not fit for purpose when using a bow due to this creating a huge fps hit, but not one acknowledgement of this or reassurance that it will be fixed and at initial load, 4 PTS builds have been pushed that continue to have non functioning movement keys until the character jumps.....again ignored and no community communication or reassurance that this will not make the live service.

Please start to provide us with a better level of engagement, information and reassurance that not only are you listing but that your actions show you as an organisation that will respond to the customers.
      Edited by LaucianNailor on March 6, 2016 10:47PM
      Mac/PC EU Server

Lots of alts....561+ CP
      Inside Trade Guild