Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Dawnbreaker Physical Damage

Ghost-Shot
Ghost-Shot
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
@Wrobel @ZOS_GinaBruno

Can we look into changing Flawless Dawnbreaker into dealing physical rather than magic damage, since currently Dragon Leap is the only ultimate that scales on physical damage I think its important to add another option for non Dragon Knights to use and Flawless passively gives weapon damage so its obviously intended for stamina users. Having your ultimate be scaled off champion points is very important in such a burst oriented game like this and this should be an easy change to make. Dawnbreaker of Smiting should stay magic damage so that magic and stamina users both have this as a viable ultimate choice.
  • TheM0rganism
    TheM0rganism
    ✭✭✭
    Radial Sweeps and it's morphs while you're at it too...
    PS4 DC Stamina Templar Tank/DPS...because I ALWAYS play on hard mode
    #2233 - Never Forget
  • Ghost-Shot
    Ghost-Shot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Those are templar skills, best leave them alone.
  • TheM0rganism
    TheM0rganism
    ✭✭✭
    Ghost-Shot wrote: »

Those are templar skills, best leave them alone.

*T R I G G E R E D*
    PS4 DC Stamina Templar Tank/DPS...because I ALWAYS play on hard mode
    #2233 - Never Forget
  • Xeven
    Xeven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My Stam Sorc approves. My Magi Sorc does not.
  • Ghost-Shot
    Ghost-Shot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Xeven wrote: »
    My Stam Sorc approves. My Magi Sorc does not.

Thats why I'm saying leave Smiting magic damage since that's the morph magic users tend to take anyway.
  • Xeven
    Xeven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah but my magi sorc hates stamina classes.

Seriously though, if they care about the game at all they will make some ults scale with physical damage.

No ETA though.
  • Erock25
    Erock25
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This is the kind of stuff that is ridiculous that we even have to ask for it. They did not plan the champion point system out very well, did they? I think stamina needs it at this point to counteract the addition of the physical dmg reduction CP.
    You earned the 500 LOLs badge.
    You received 500 LOLs. It ain't no fluke, you post great stuff and we're lucky to have you here. +50 points
  • Ghost-Shot
    Ghost-Shot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Erock25 wrote: »
    This is the kind of stuff that is ridiculous that we even have to ask for it. They did not plan the champion point system out very well, did they? I think stamina needs it at this point to counteract the addition of the physical dmg reduction CP.

What do you even use for ults on stam specs that aren't a DK? I use bats on my stamplar cause I can't really think of anything better.
  • Erock25
    Erock25
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

What do you even use for ults on stam specs that aren't a DK? I use bats on my stamplar cause I can't really think of anything better.

Flawless and Energy Overload (mostly for the extra bar). My Overload tickles compared to magicka sorc but I have no other option. I should Werewolf.
    You received 500 LOLs. It ain't no fluke, you post great stuff and we're lucky to have you here. +50 points
  • manny254
    manny254
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    imo this is the best solution

Change Leap to magic damage.
    If your weapon damage is higher than your spell damage your ults scale off of physical damage.
    - Mojican
  • nordickittyhawk
    nordickittyhawk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    manny254 wrote: »

If your weapon damage is higher than your spell damage your ults scale off of physical damage.

agreed
  • Erock25
    Erock25
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I can't believe they didn't make this change already. They already went to the trouble of making all ultimates scale with stamina/weapon dmg if they are higher than magicka counterparts, but they forgot about CP and dmg mitigation. It was a ridiculous and lazy oversight.
  • Ghost-Shot
    Ghost-Shot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

That's not a bad idea either.
  • RoyJade
    RoyJade
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Or just tag ultimate as "ultimate" for CP. Remove mighty and ele expert bonus to ultimate (but not other passives like disintegrate or world of fire, or bonus set like permafrost), transform the "melee" CP into a "stam weapon" cp (including bow, and make a new CP instead of the old bow one : a cp who give bonus to all ultimate, especially for those who want to build around ultimate. Like that, we will have to choose and not have everything in one star.
  • CtrlAltDlt
    CtrlAltDlt
    ✭✭✭
    Soul strike/incapacitating strike too while you're at it.
    PC NA - jeazzy

stamblade outnumbered pvp vol 1. youtu.be/h1ONYfpAJJ8
    Stamblade outbumbered pvp vol 2. No cheese youtu.be/rN4_aRVMvWw
  • Jeezye
    Jeezye
    ✭✭✭✭✭

While this would fit in nicely for a lot of ults, I think this change would be too generic in a lot of cases. Overload e.g. is a great example of where this would fit, but for a templar nova, stamina based dmg just doesn't fit, its a damn spell. Same for meteor and lots of other stuff.
    But in general, a ton of ults should be changed to decide on physical vs spell dmg.
    @Wrobel @ZOS_GinaBruno

Can we look into changing Flawless Dawnbreaker into dealing physical rather than magic damage, since currently Dragon Leap is the only ultimate that scales on physical damage I think its important to add another option for non Dragon Knights to use and Flawless passively gives weapon damage so its obviously intended for stamina users. Having your ultimate be scaled off champion points is very important in such a burst oriented game like this and this should be an easy change to make. Dawnbreaker of Smiting should stay magic damage so that magic and stamina users both have this as a viable ultimate choice.

I generally agree to what you say, and that this ult should do physical dmg. You've got to keep in my though, that EVERY stam build will be running this ult then, and since its such a counter to WWs and Vamps (who are in a horrible spot over all, check other threads) they will suffer more that a lot on that change. So while agree on realising this change, there have to be some tricky adjustments to not punish those players in the second turn.
    Edited by Jeezye on March 4, 2016 7:44AM
  • catalyst10e
    catalyst10e
    ✭✭✭✭
    How about add a *new* ultimate to the undaunted skill line that is a physical damage, stamina scaling Ultimate? This would avoid the whole issue of unintentionally nerfing WW and Vamps by altering one of their main checks and making it more appealing.
    "Why settle for just stabbing your foes when you can roast them alive in a gout of arcane fire?"
    [| DC Breton Sorcerer || NA PS4 || PSN: Catalyst10e |]
    [| DC Dunmer Dragon Knight |]
  • Dalsinthus
    Dalsinthus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How about add a *new* ultimate to the undaunted skill line that is a physical damage, stamina scaling Ultimate? This would avoid the whole issue of unintentionally nerfing WW and Vamps by altering one of their main checks and making it more appealing.

Although I would welcome new ultimates, including those that do physical damage, this is more of a global problem. All ultimates except dragon leap do damage types that benefit magic user's champion points but not stamina users. There needs to be stamina ultimate options for the class ultimates or some way of offering stamina users the same benefits and same costs that magic users face.
  • ADarklore
    ADarklore
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    One would think that because of being a Fighters Guild Ultimate, considering that all Fighters Guild abilities use Stamina, that it would in turn do PHYSICAL damage. How about it @Wrobel , any chance of changing this with the DB update?!? The reason I say DB is because that is when the Stamina balance is supposed to occur.
    CP: 1930 ** ESO+ Gold Road ** ~~ Stamina Arcanist ~~ Magicka Warden ~~ Magicka Templar ~~ ***** Strictly a solo PvE quester *****
  • OrphanHelgen
    OrphanHelgen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    In games I have played before, physical dmg was pure dmg from swords and bow and stuff. I have heard on this forum people even want a crystal frag morph to be physical, like wtf, isnt that a magic ball you summon with your hands?

Also I dont like vigor, heals shouldnt be stamina. If a stamina character wants self heal, it should be life steal, almost as the power surge works now.
    PC, EU server, Ebonheart Pact

Finally a reason not to play League of Legends
  • ADarklore
    ADarklore
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In games I have played before, physical dmg was pure dmg from swords and bow and stuff. I have heard on this forum people even want a crystal frag morph to be physical, like wtf, isnt that a magic ball you summon with your hands?

The Magic form would still be a magic ball, the physical damage form would be an actual summoned crystal ROCK. ;)
    CP: 1930 ** ESO+ Gold Road ** ~~ Stamina Arcanist ~~ Magicka Warden ~~ Magicka Templar ~~ ***** Strictly a solo PvE quester *****
  • OrphanHelgen
    OrphanHelgen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ADarklore wrote: »

The Magic form would still be a magic ball, the physical damage form would be an actual summoned crystal ROCK. ;)

Yeah you have a good point there hehe.

• Erock25
    Erock25
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Also I dont like vigor, heals shouldnt be stamina. If a stamina character wants self heal, it should be life steal, almost as the power surge works now.

Get over your realism. I summon bound armor with stamina. I light my enemies on fire with stamina. I summon a circle of protective energy with stamina.
  • LorDrek
    LorDrek
    ✭✭✭
    Stamina builds need 50% skills and ultimates change to physical dmg.
    Imperial DK stamDPS, Nord DK magTANK
    YDoA CZ/SK Guild
    @LorDrek
  • OrphanHelgen
    OrphanHelgen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Get over your realism. I summon bound armor with stamina. I light my enemies on fire with stamina. I summon a circle of protective energy with stamina.

Yes thats my point. I dont like that either

• RoyJade
    RoyJade
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, in a sense, you consume your life energy (more or less stamina) for some spell in the other TES game. It's not classic magic, but it's not lore breaking either.
  • Birdovic
    Birdovic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Im mainly Playing magicka Builds, and can agree,
    make it Deal physical Damage, no magicka player will ever use it, Same as stam players wont use smiting.
  • Miwerton
    Miwerton
    ✭✭✭
    As said in other posts, ultimates should scale off different damage types if stamina or magicka is highest, as well as have a couple of class skills scale of damages from stamina constelation, power extraction, killers blade, burning light, and possibly a new damage type for elemental damage of stamina morphs for stam sorc and dks.

But im not holding onto much hope with the current rep and work of the combat team :'( .
  • NTclaymore
    NTclaymore
    ✭✭✭✭
    Would it really be so hard to just change the way Ult works? So they scale to whatever would be most effective? If your Stam pool n weapondmg outclass your Magicka pool n spelldmg It should be phycial and if the other way around magicka. We could do this with allmost all Ults in the game. Some who it coudnt possible make sence to be stam or mag be the exception.
    He spoke, the son of Padomay, and nodded his head with the dark brows
    and the imortally anointed hair of the great god
    swept from his divine head, and all Mundus was shaken.
  • Miwerton
    Miwerton
    ✭✭✭
    NTclaymore wrote: »
    Would it really be so hard to just change the way Ult works? So they scale to whatever would be most effective? If your Stam pool n weapondmg outclass your Magicka pool n spelldmg It should be phycial and if the other way around magicka. We could do this with allmost all Ults in the game. Some who it coudnt possible make sence to be stam or mag be the exception.

Which unfortunately is going to take ages, since they will take any form off class/ stam balances on the lowest part of they're to do list, which is rather idiotic since combat is heavily the main core in almost all games, instead they are farting out new lousy crown items (none of which are made from users, which i would have less against), Have been on ESO for about 2 years, and this whole "balances" they do are predictibly depressing. Would wish that was not the case, but unfortunately it is.