The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Most viable option for healers once TG drops?

Nirvava4EM
Nirvava4EM
✭✭
So I've watched a few videos and read a few "elitist" written guilds to the upcoming DLC drop.

Here I'd what I've gathered:

1) High Elf Sorcers Healers are now on par with Breton Templar Healers.

2) Templar Healers are not going to be able to contribute as much DPS as before TG drop.

3) Decreased spell cost and increased magicks regeneration is going to be more useful than spell power and spell crit.

How much of this do you agree with or disagree with and why?
XB1 - NA GT: HematoCRITICAL

Ebonheart Pact:
Vet 16 Argonian Sorcerer DPS (Please for the love of Skyrim let me change my race!)
Vet 16 Breton Templar Healer / Supplemental DPS
Vet 5 Khajiit Nightblade

Daggerfall Covenant:
Vet 5 High Elf Sorcerer DPS / Emergency Healer

Can literally craft anything and everything that is craftable, limited styles.
  • TheDarkShadow
    TheDarkShadow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nirvava4EM wrote: »

Sorc with pet heal will be nice in trash pull. But since the pet is so stupid and keep standing in red and getting 1 shot by boss mechanic, Templar is still the better heal. I'm not saying Sorc cannot heal, but Templar still have an easier time at it. Also... they are still the only class that can feed people stam.
  • remilafo
    remilafo
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nirvava4EM wrote: »
    So I've watched a few videos and read a few "elitist" written guilds to the upcoming DLC drop.

Here I'd what I've gathered:

2) Templar Healers are not going to be able to contribute as much DPS as before TG drop.

3) Decreased spell cost and increased magicks regeneration is going to be more useful than spell power and spell crit.

How much of this do you agree with or disagree with and why?

you again.... bolded part is false, sorc got better yes but so did the templars.

Templars are still better. Read the feedback intelligently. Or wait for mondays patch notes.
  • SymbioteKing26
    SymbioteKing26
    ✭✭✭
    What about Nightblade Healers? ._.
    EP/ Breton Nightblade Healer. Is fond of cheese. And scamps.
  • Samphaa
    Samphaa
    ✭✭✭
    I still think templar healers will be best at supporting the group, which is what healing is really all about
  • EgoRush
    EgoRush
    ✭✭✭✭
    Having played Templar healer since I started the game I gave sorcerer healer a go in the new trial on PTS. It is great on trash (and will be fantastic in PvP I think) but it is killed by boss mechanics too easily to be reliable. Therefore, Templar still better.

Also, stamina return to the group can only be done by a Templar. Repentance/Shards means Templar still better than sorcerer.

Also also, Templar will now be capable of MORE off-DPS in my opinion. I am certainly managing to keep up some decent numbers in the new trial while healing largely because I have points in Elemental Expert even as a healer and Reflective Light does crazy damage on multiple adds.

I've had little-to-no resource issues in the new trial too, so will continue to run a high spell damage build over regeneration. My regen has been 1.1-1.2K and I only ran dry on magicka if the other healer was dead for a lengthy period of time.
    Server: EU Pact
    Guild: Hodor (PvE - www.hodor-guild.eu), Chimaira (PvE)
    Character: Oriantha (Templar Healer), Zelda's Inferno (Dragonknight Tank), The Lumen Sage (Stamina Sorcerer DD), The Umbra Witch (Magicka Nightblade DD), Flirts-With-Boys (Stamina Nightblade DD), Oriantha Ellesidil (Magicka Sorcerer DD/healer), Wariantha (Magicka Warden in the making)

Current vMA score (Templar): Pending return to game
    World Record for all trials pre-Thieves Guild
    World first V16 Maw of Lorkhaj clear
    World first V16 Maw of Lorkhaj speed run clear
    Returning to the game for Morrowind