Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Official Discussion Thread for "Loremaster’s Archive: Messages from Hew’s Bane 2"

ZOS_KaiSchober
This is the official discussion thread for the web article, Loremaster’s Archive: Messages from Hew’s Bane 2.
Read this document from the Loremaster's Archive to learn more about the history of Hew's Bane and the founder of Abah's Landing, Prince Hubalajad.

Kai Schober
Senior Community Manager - The Elder Scrolls Online
Facebook | Twitter | Twitch
Staff Post
  • Ghrimn
    Ghrimn
    ✭✭✭
    "The force in Abah's Landing is led by Chief Inspector Rhanbiq, who has the worst sort of reputation: one of principle."
    Damn it ZOS, why you do this? You forbid us to join the Iron Wheel and then you taunt us with this.
    Ghrimn of Elder Wood is also one of principle!

Edited by Ghrimn on February 4, 2016 7:04PM
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I note there's no 'next time, so-and-so will be answering questions about XYZ, submit your questions here'. :\ Come on ZOS! You've got a shiny new Trial coming out, don't you want us to ask questions about the dro-m'Athra? Or tell us about some of the fun things commonly smuggled through Abah's Landing? Or skip info on the new DLC if you want to build suspense and bring the priestess of Dibella back for Heart's Day?
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works
  • VerboseQuips
    VerboseQuips
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We had only six days to ask questions, that was very few. :'( Even fewer for non English speakers, as our questions had to be translated first before being handled by the lore team, I guess. Usually there are two weeks between two episodes of the Loremaster's Archives. Had I known, I wouldn't have taken a few days to rephrase and expand my questions. :/ I think I will start now to prepare my questions for the Dark Brotherhood and the Gold Coast, and I will write them in English next time.

This was a nice read though. I hope we won't have to wait for such a long time before the next archives. I like them a lot.

I note there's no 'next time, so-and-so will be answering questions about XYZ, submit your questions here'. :\ Come on ZOS! You've got a shiny new Trial coming out, don't you want us to ask questions about the dro-m'Athra? Or tell us about some of the fun things commonly smuggled through Abah's Landing? Or skip info on the new DLC if you want to build suspense and bring the priestess of Dibella back for Heart's Day?

I agree, the dro-m'Athra are intriguing. I guess they're some Namira-aligned Daedra ? Maybe Ectoplasm Atronachs or Shadow Atronachs or something alike? Or a new kind of Daedric NPCs... (Which means a new kind of crafting style soon?)
    My characters:
    Main and crafter: A Breton magicka templar named Erwann Sorril
    Alt 1: A Bosmer sorcerer named Tuuneleg
    Alt 2: An Imperial dragonknight named Gaius Tullius Hastifer
    Alt 3: An Argonian vampire/nightblade named Observe-le-Xanmeer
    Alt 4: A Nord werewolf/dragonknight named Sigurd Hurlevent
    Alt 5: A Breton sorcerer named Gilian Sorril (he's Erwann's younger brother)
    Alt 6: A Khajiit nightblade named Jolan-dar
    Alt 7: A Nord warden named Sigurmar Hurlevent (he's Sigurd's younger brother)
    Alt 8: An Altmer templar named Oioriel
    Alt 9: An Argonian stamina Warden named Danse-avec-les-Rainettes
    Alt 10: A Redguard templar named Neemokh af-Corelanya
    Alt 11: A Nord stamina sorcerer named Olga Écoute-Vent
    Alt 12: A Breton magicka Warden named Ian Sorril
    Alt 13: A Dunmer magicka necromancer named Ilmoran Dren
    Alt 14: An Orc stamina necromancer named Norgol gro-Borziel
    Alt 15: A Nord magicka necromancer named Thorgen Givresang
    Alt 16: An Imperial magicka dragonknight named Publius Valeirus Hastifer (Just call him "Valerio" - he's Gaius younger troublemaker of a brother)
    Main in NA (For collaborative events): A Breton magicka nightblade named Titouan Sorril (long-lost brother of Erwann and Gilian)
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    They also didn't tell us who we were supposed to write to for this one. :\ I was overly optimistic and wrote to Cariel.

I gather the dro-m'Athra are corrupted Khajiiti spirits, but we still don't know much about them. Can they be un-'bent'? Do they age and die like normal Khajiit or are they more like ghosts?
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    A useful explanation for how RNG works
  • Recremen
    Recremen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lady Cinnabar on point as always! These are such a delight to read, and I like how there's coordination among stories. It really feels like a complete world with a tangle of interesting stories, instead of every Loremaster's Archive being a stand-alone snippet. Your lore team is doing an impeccable job!
    Men'Do PC NA AD Khajiit
    Grand High Illustrious Mid-Tier PvP/PvE Bussmunster
  • anitajoneb17_ESO
    anitajoneb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Recremen wrote: »
    Lady Cinnabar on point as always! These are such a delight to read, and I like how there's coordination among stories. It really feels like a complete world with a tangle of interesting stories, instead of every Loremaster's Archive being a stand-alone snippet. Your lore team is doing an impeccable job!

Agreed !!!
    And given the time these were "stopped" and "resumed", I suspect the author to be no less than @ZOS_JessicaFolsom ;-)

• Smaxx
    Smaxx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree, the dro-m'Athra are intriguing. I guess they're some Namira-aligned Daedra ? Maybe Ectoplasm Atronachs or Shadow Atronachs or something alike? Or a new kind of Daedric NPCs... (Which means a new kind of crafting style soon?)

They are the Bent Cats, bad spirits (essentially (un)dead as far as I know). And yes, they're associated with Namiira (the Khajiiti version of Namira). Some base game quests and books expand a bit on this. If you haven't done so, look for the Sathram Plantation in Stonefalls, which includes one such quest.
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is there an updated Tamriel map available that shows the location of this area?

• Ghrimn
    Ghrimn
    ✭✭✭
    @MornaBaine
    Here you go: UESP Map.