The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
The maintenance is complete, and the PTS is now back online and patch 10.0.1 is available.
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [IN PROGRESS] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Temporary Fix for unlimited Resourcemanagment

• HeroOfNone
    HeroOfNone
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ToRelax wrote: »
    HeroOfNone wrote: »
    You still have several abilities that give the major regeneration buff for various stats, plus you risk hurting PVE this way. If you'd like to affect just PVP and not PVE I recommend adding a 50% to 60% regen & resource generating abilities (battle roar, templar spears, etc.) reduction in battle spirit and then increase armor values by 150% to 200%.

You should see burst builds decline, hybrid & tank builds increase, and few builds able to outlast (assuming we reduce regeneration enough).

No.... not really, players would simply readjust their stats because that's rediculously easy to do. My own build would be buffed tremendously, gaining a whole lot of armor, sacrificing some magicka for regen and freeing up a slot from Harness, where I then put Radiant Magelight. Meaning I would be more tanky, especially against stamina builds wich are otherwise my weakness, and deal more damage as well.

I'd be looking to reduce harness magicka as well. ANY resource generating abilities would be facing a 50% to 60% reduction in their gain (open to raise or lower the bar, depending on results).

The armor gain will be good however, you'll take less damage, but will you be able to dish it out? Those high cost abilities won't be ready if you don't heavy weave or stack on regeneration runes instead of weapon power/spell power ones. If you cast a couple healing spells to stay up you may be out of magic when someone hits a burst phase. Try to block though too much and you have no stamina to CC break when the knock you down and chop away with light or heavy attacks.

Cutting out the resources and raising the mitigation changes a LOT, changing your average 10 second fight into possibly a minute long slug fest. Some builds of today may not survive, but that's why you adapt.

Read my post again, I am currently using Harness and would change it to Radiant Magelight with this change. That way I would take and deal more damage. I already have a relatively sustain focused build, but that does in no way mean it's anywhere near balanced. You wouldn't want to have everyone run around like me for sure.

My mistake, so you'd be increasing your magicka instead of shielding, but your enemies are also going to have a major increase to their mitigation as well. If the mitigation is increased proportionally (a +50% increase to scale between heavy, medium, & light for a start) your not going to see the huge burst you do in the current build. If you kill off all regeneration abilities are you certain you'll be able to get that kill in before your resources run out? Of not, why aren't you dunning it now atop of everything else? Just remember everything changes with sweeping changes like this, both in the OP's post and mine.
    Herfi Driderkitty of the Aldmeri Dominion
    Find me on : Twitch | Youtube | Twitter | Reddit
  • ToRelax
    ToRelax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You still have several abilities that give the major regeneration buff for various stats, plus you risk hurting PVE this way. If you'd like to affect just PVP and not PVE I recommend adding a 50% to 60% regen & resource generating abilities (battle roar, templar spears, etc.) reduction in battle spirit and then increase armor values by 150% to 200%.

You should see burst builds decline, hybrid & tank builds increase, and few builds able to outlast (assuming we reduce regeneration enough).

No.... not really, players would simply readjust their stats because that's rediculously easy to do. My own build would be buffed tremendously, gaining a whole lot of armor, sacrificing some magicka for regen and freeing up a slot from Harness, where I then put Radiant Magelight. Meaning I would be more tanky, especially against stamina builds wich are otherwise my weakness, and deal more damage as well.

I'd be looking to reduce harness magicka as well. ANY resource generating abilities would be facing a 50% to 60% reduction in their gain (open to raise or lower the bar, depending on results).

The armor gain will be good however, you'll take less damage, but will you be able to dish it out? Those high cost abilities won't be ready if you don't heavy weave or stack on regeneration runes instead of weapon power/spell power ones. If you cast a couple healing spells to stay up you may be out of magic when someone hits a burst phase. Try to block though too much and you have no stamina to CC break when the knock you down and chop away with light or heavy attacks.

Cutting out the resources and raising the mitigation changes a LOT, changing your average 10 second fight into possibly a minute long slug fest. Some builds of today may not survive, but that's why you adapt.

Read my post again, I am currently using Harness and would change it to Radiant Magelight with this change. That way I would take and deal more damage. I already have a relatively sustain focused build, but that does in no way mean it's anywhere near balanced. You wouldn't want to have everyone run around like me for sure.

My mistake, so you'd be increasing your magicka instead of shielding, but your enemies are also going to have a major increase to their mitigation as well. If the mitigation is increased proportionally (a +50% increase to scale between heavy, medium, & light for a start) your not going to see the huge burst you do in the current build. If you kill off all regeneration abilities are you certain you'll be able to get that kill in before your resources run out? Of not, why aren't you dunning it now atop of everything else? Just remember everything changes with sweeping changes like this, both in the OP's post and mine.

I won't deal as much damage on enemy players as I do now, but no my resources will not run out. It may be such a change would make it harder for me to kill people, but not more than for anyone else fighting outnumbered. Overall I am certain my build would become stronger in relation to other builds, and it already is among the very top.
    DAGON - ALTADOON - CHIM - GHARTOK
    The Covenant is broken. The Enemy has won...

Elo'dryel - Sorc - AR 50 - Hopesfire - EP EU