Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 15
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The PTS is now offline for the patch 10.0.0 maintenance and is currently unavailable.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656543/temporarily-taking-down-the-pts-the-pc-na-live-server
In response to the ongoing issue, the North American PC/Mac megaserver is currently unavailable while we perform maintenance. https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656543/temporarily-taking-down-the-pts-the-pc-na-live-server

Is NB tank still viable in next patch ?

chongguang
chongguang
✭✭✭
Like it asked, as people think SA got a big nerf. Anyone testing NB tank on PTS, how is everything going with them ? Is NB tank still viable in end game dungeons ?
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can't imagine it will be entirely useless. NB tanks will just have to look at alternate means for their resources (like Engine Guardian)
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    It is still one of the strongest tanks. At least i didn't find that sustain became super weak.
  • lolo_01b16_ESO
    lolo_01b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Nbs will still be second best tanks in my opinion. Even if SA would only restore 5 stamina per second on average they would still have better ressource management than templars.
  • hrothbern
    hrothbern
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    chongguang wrote: »
    Like it asked, as people think SA got a big nerf. Anyone testing NB tank on PTS, how is everything going with them ? Is NB tank still viable in end game dungeons ?

Many DK tanks use Hist Bark for the auto 20% dodge chance when blocking.
    This saves 20% blocking costs.

NB can use Blur for the 20% dodge and has 5 armor slots free for something else.
    "I still do not understand why I followed the advice of Captain Rana to bring the villagers of Bleakrock into safety. We should have fought for our village and not have backed down, with our tail between our legs. Now my home village is in shambles, the houses burning, the invaders feasting.I swear every day to Shor that after Molag Bal has been defeated, I will hunt down the invaders and restore peace in Bleakrock and drink my mead with my friends at the market place".PC-EU
  • Sharmony
    Sharmony
    ✭✭✭
    In MoL, no, you have to have chains.
    Edited by Sharmony on March 5, 2016 10:53AM
    @Wjleppard - EU - Sharmony Youtube
    Holyfire - V16 Stamina Templar | Auriels Bow - V16 Stamina Nightblade | Sharmony - V16 Magicka Templar | Flaming Rose - V16 Magicka Dragonknight | Rejuvenation - V16 Magicka Nightblade | Dora The (Explorer Title) - V16 Magicka Sorcerer | Critjiit - V16 Stamina Dragonknight | Just Hold Block - V16 Stamina Dragonknight | Stormburst - V16 Stamina Sorcerer | Ashenbourne - V16 Magicka Templar | Swims-At-Speed - V16 Magicka Templar | Sharmonknee - V16 Stamina Nightblade | Sharmoney - V16 Magicka Warden
    Guild Affiliations: Hodor, Travelling Merchant, Aetherius Trade, Golden Goose.
    Previous Affiliations: GM of Well-Fitted, Almost Heroes, Kill All, Don't Die, Exile, Sigma Draconis, Legio Mortum
  • shugg
    shugg
    ✭✭✭
    I switched back to my dk stam tank for raiding, i think nb magic tank will still be good for dungeons but not raids ( vet maw any way)
  • ThatNeonZebraAgain
    ThatNeonZebraAgain
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As discussed in this thread, it is still viable. However, the change to SA will make a higher barrier for entry for the playstyle, and players with higher CP counts will have an easier time adjusting -- both things that discourage new players from picking it up and being as effective as before. Like @Turelus mentioned, Engine Guardian may unfortunately become more of a necessity; I say unfortunately because relying on a hard to get set as a crutch to make up for a nerf is a symptom of poor design, and because gear homogenization is boring and being able to use different sets was a unique part of NB tanking. In the thread linked above, block and ability cost reduction will become more important for NB tanks so they can off-set the overall lower amount of stats being returned by SA.
    Cinbri wrote: »
    It is still one of the strongest tanks. At least i didn't find that sustain became super weak.

That video is misleading though. Of course resources won't be a problem when you can use SA to proc it off so many mobs. Where NB tanks will have a harder time is during prolonged boss fights where they cannot drop block to light attack (1-shot mechanics, latency, knockdown, poorly telegraphed attacks, etc), or there aren't adds or the adds are spread out.
    Gore-of-the-Forest Argonian Nightblade
    Wode Earthrender Breton Dragonknight
    Ceol the Last Baron Redguard Dragonknight
    Wayra High Elf Sorceress
    Erebain Salothran Dark Elf Templar
    Rituals-of-the-Forest Argonian Warden
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Cinbri wrote: »

That video is misleading though. Of course resources won't be a problem when you can use SA to proc it off so many mobs. Where NB tanks will have a harder time is during prolonged boss fights where they cannot drop block to light attack (1-shot mechanics, latency, knockdown, poorly telegraphed attacks, etc), or there aren't adds or the adds are spread out.
    Many mobs=fast stamina drain, but as i show SA give more stamina than enemies can take even without reduce block glyphs. Same rule works for solo-target: SA restore more than enemy can drain.
    For boss fights noone cancelled yet 'Strife-Light Attack-Block cancel' that take 1 sec only.
    Templar can only dream about it
    Edited by Cinbri on March 5, 2016 8:05PM
  • chongguang
    chongguang
    ✭✭✭
    Nbs will still be second best tanks in my opinion. Even if SA would only restore 5 stamina per second on average they would still have better ressource management than templars.

Is it real for SA returning just 5 stamina as average in PTS right now ?
  • GreenSoup2HoT
    GreenSoup2HoT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I think Nightblade tank's will be fine with this new crafted set.

Tavas-Favor-Set.jpg
    Note: Recovery Value's are lower then intended and have been fixed. (Outdated image)

Edited by GreenSoup2HoT on March 6, 2016 8:59PM
    PS4 NA DC
  • lolo_01b16_ESO
    lolo_01b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    chongguang wrote: »

Is it real for SA returning just 5 stamina as average in PTS right now ?
    No, it still restores a similar amount than before, they even incresed the amout you get from light attacks a bit. The only nerf is that it doesn't proc on aoe dots like twisting path anymore. Which will have an impact on trash pulls, but shouldn't be too bad on boss fights.