Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Magicka DK Viable Now in Open World PvP?

mr_wazzabi
mr_wazzabi
✭✭✭✭✭
With the increased healing and damage are they viable now or still squishy like on live?

I've trying to level alliance ranks with my magicka dk and it's painful...
Bosmer Stamina NB
Altmer Magicka TEMP
Dunmer DK both stam/mag (depends what I feel like)
Altmer Magicka NB
Breton Magicka Sorc
Redguard Stam Sorc
Max CP

Best Answers

• Azarath_tiberius
    Azarath_tiberius
    ✭✭✭
    I think it's going to be decent.

The class changes will give us a bit more survivability (through healing) and a lot more utility (for both group and solo play). Combine that with the CP changes (magic damage being moved to Elemental Expert and Hardy decreasing incoming physical damage) it's going to make Magicka DK viable again. Not overpowered but decent at the very least.

Keep in mind though, its a bit too soon to tell. But yeah, I was generally happy with what I saw on the PTS
    Answer ✓
  • RoyJade
    RoyJade
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why they won't touch sorc ? They can now put a constant pressure on sorc shield with dots, they can reflect most part of their attack, they only loose meteor reflect. Shield stacker sorc will still be a difficult enemy, but not the invincible one they are actually against magDK.
    Answer ✓
  • mr_wazzabi
    mr_wazzabi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think it's going to be decent.

The class changes will give us a bit more survivability (through healing) and a lot more utility (for both group and solo play). Combine that with the CP changes (magic damage being moved to Elemental Expert and Hardy decreasing incoming physical damage) it's going to make Magicka DK viable again. Not overpowered but decent at the very least.

Keep in mind though, its a bit too soon to tell. But yeah, I was generally happy with what I saw on the PTS

But they won't touch sorcs right?
    Bosmer Stamina NB
    Altmer Magicka TEMP
    Dunmer DK both stam/mag (depends what I feel like)
    Altmer Magicka NB
    Breton Magicka Sorc
    Redguard Stam Sorc
    Max CP
  • Glory
    Glory
    Class Representative
    Magicka DK will be better than it is on live. I think many are overestimating their viability due to their prowess in duels, but this is not easily translated into open world.

My two cents.
    mDK will rise again.
    Rebuild Necromancer pet AI.

@Glorious since I have too many characters to list

Ádamant

Strongly against Faction Lock
  • CasNation
    CasNation
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They have gained a lot of tools that they didn't have before, but they still lack the mobility that is really important in open world. They have the much better survivability now with burning embers being such a strong self heal. Tough to tell. I think they a are going to be pretty good now.
    PC NA AD
    Gamma Fyr: Dunmer Sorcerer Stamina DPS (the Missing Sister...props to those who get the reference)
    Samekh Fyr: Dunmer Nightblade Magicka DPS
    Claire Le'Rouge: Breton Templar Heal/Tank (the Resplendent Bastion)
    Augustus Constantine: Imperial Nightblade PvP (Blackwater Bandit)
    Shadow-of-Sundered-Star: Altmer Dragonknight Lowbie
  • DKsUnite
    DKsUnite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    mr_wazzabi wrote: »
    With the increased healing and damage are they viable now or still squishy like on live?

I've trying to level alliance ranks with my magicka dk and it's painful...

in short, people are getting over hyped i think. mDK is a beast in duels, always has been. Burning embers is useless in open world because it would be a nightmare to micro manage. The CP changes will have the biggest effect.

IMO, those with skill will be able to play it again and have success. If you are looking for the 1.5 and below demi god then its far from it.
    Vyr Cor | Magicka Dragonknight | DC
    Vir Cor | Stamina Dragonknight | DC

Latest Videos:
    Magicka Dragonknight: Vyr Cor | "A Dragon's Fury" | Magicka Dragonknight PvP
    Stamina Dragonknight: Vir Cor | "Heathen" | Stamina Dragonknight PvP

Youtube: CorGaming
  • Draxys
    Draxys
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Magicka DK will be better than it is on live. I think many are overestimating their viability due to their prowess in duels, but this is not easily translated into open world.

My two cents.

Yep. Extra healing won't do much to change how the class performs open world. The CP change is one of the biggest things that will help, but it also helps other magicka builds, so it's kind of a non-factor. And the tanky class is still having all the tanky game mechanics nerfed to hell with no damage to compensate, so it's still going to be just ok in my opinion.

rip decibel
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Draxys wrote: »

My two cents.

Yep. Extra healing won't do much to change how the class performs open world. The CP change is one of the biggest things that will help, but it also helps other magicka builds, so it's kind of a non-factor. And the tanky class is still having all the tanky game mechanics nerfed to hell with no damage to compensate, so it's still going to be just ok in my opinion.

Just the fact the dk now can pump 1 star and only has 2 source of dmg, magic and fire, both of which are boosted by 1 star will help so much. Last patch that had what? 3 different dmg types?

I'm not sure if i should go bats on my dk xD
    PS4 EU DC

Current CP : 756+

I have every character level 50, both a magicka and stamina version.

RIP my effort to get 5x v16 characters...
  • Ishammael
    Ishammael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Lack of mobility will keep magicka DK from performing as well open world as sorc and NB.

Might take back the top spot in duels and for group play though. Talons spam incoming.
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ishammael wrote: »
    Lack of mobility will keep magicka DK from performing as well open world as sorc and NB.

Might take back the top spot in duels and for group play though. Talons spam incoming.

Talons spam won't even be that effective when everyone is already spamming bombard.
    PS4 EU DC

• Birdovic
    Birdovic
    ✭✭✭✭✭

My two cents.

Just the fact the dk now can pump 1 star and only has 2 source of dmg, magic and fire, both of which are boosted by 1 star will help so much. Last patch that had what? 3 different dmg types?

Keep the new DoT boosting CP in mind :wink:

• leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

My two cents.

Bats counts as a dot... interesting. Still not sure with the limited cp though, 100 in elemental expert, then is it better dmg to boost crit dmg or dot dmg? Maybe a split between them?
    PS4 EU DC

• Birdovic
    Birdovic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DK got access to tons of dots, I think it's definitely worth putting points into thaumaturge (dot CP), how many is up to you and your playstyle.
  • Xsorus
    Xsorus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

My two cents.

Bats counts as a dot... interesting. Still not sure with the limited cp though, 100 in elemental expert, then is it better dmg to boost crit dmg or dot dmg? Maybe a split between them?

with 300 Points it was better to split between the dot CP and the elemental expert CP

Basically you wanted enough to get at least 15% in either as it was more damage then 100 in either of them.
  • Hutch679
    Hutch679
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Magicka Dk pre-Thieves Guild Patch was still viable. It's a support class meant to take hits, distract a group of enemy players, debuffs, and do some damage. The fact that so many people rule out magicka Dk's because they don't 3 hit someone from stealth like a NB can blows my mind. I have no problems with 1vX in open world on my Dk Xbox one Na DC.