Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Official Discussion Thread for "Meet the ESO #MillionReasonsToPlay Grand Prize Winner!"

ZOS_GinaBruno
ZOS_GinaBruno
Community Manager
This is the official discussion thread for the blog article Meet the ESO #MillionReasonsToPlay Grand Prize Winner! Congratulations to Ryan for winning the grand prize, and we'll be in touch with all of our second prize winners in the next few days. :smiley:
Gina Bruno
Senior Community Manager
Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
Staff Post
  • ChuckyPayne
    ChuckyPayne
    ✭✭✭✭
    Congrats! :)
  • Solid_Metal
    Solid_Metal
    ✭✭✭✭
    congrats dude! :smiley:
    "i will walk through the fog, as i welcome death"
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congratulations! I'm also happy to see it went to someone who seems to both enjoy and care about the game.

Now to refresh my inbox repeatedly to see if I have any crowns coming... :grin:
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Ashtaris
    Ashtaris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Congrats Ryan! And the best to you in your pending marriage!
  • ashlee17
    ashlee17
    ✭✭✭✭
    Grats!
    Administrator of More Than Fair Guild- North American Server- Come and Join us for a fun and friendly experience - 480+ members and great trader location- all factions welcome - mail me @ashlee17 in game for an invite.
    Join the crusade for better guild management tools!
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/145742/help-we-need-more-guild-management-tools/p1
    Please comment and support this cause!
  • Elebeth
    Elebeth
    ✭✭✭
    Congratulations!
    "I don't recall using teleportation, and yet there I was. Alone. Naked." Morrowind
  • HeroOfNone
    HeroOfNone
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congrats
    Herfi Driderkitty of the Aldmeri Dominion
    Find me on : Twitch | Youtube | Twitter | Reddit
  • tinythinker
    tinythinker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Comhghairdeas, Ryan, maith thú.
    Experienced, new, returner? Help keep ESO's community strong ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ -- share what you love about the game, offer constructive feedback, and make friends.ʕ·ᴥ·ʔ

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Who are you in Tamriel (whether it's just your character's attitude & style or a full backstory)? - Share your Character's Story! ◔ ⌣ ◔
    (And let us know 🔷What Kind of Roleplayer You Are🔷 - even if that only extends to choosing your race)

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Support Mudcrab Mode for ESO (\/)!_!(\/) - part joke, part serious, all glorious! You butter be ready for this
  • Slylok
    Slylok
    ✭✭✭
    Grats.. Though it sounds like he was already well off from his job description. Would have been... I don't know.. Better had someone less well off won the prize.
    Youtube ESO First Person Gameplay - http://tinyurl.com/o6evusk

Twitter - SlylokYoutube

Google+ - Slylok
  • kylewwefan
    kylewwefan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Congrats!
  • RDMyers65b14_ESO
    RDMyers65b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congratulations on both the win and finding someone to spend your life with. Both are fantastic.
  • IcyDeadPeople
    IcyDeadPeople
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I wonder if he will get a custom in-game title so we can congratulate him in Cyrodiil as well. :p
    Edited by IcyDeadPeople on March 4, 2016 5:45PM
  • Techkey1
    Techkey1
    ✭✭
    Congratulations!
    CP 477 | Dark Elf | Dragon Knight DPS | Ebonheart Pact | Solo Player | No alts

More of a solo player. Learning to be more guild social lol. LOVING THE MORROWIND EXPANSION!!!

ESO PC NA

Love is what I know.
    Life is what I live.
    Death I will never see.
    Immortality awaits me.
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    I wonder if he will get a custom in-game title so we can congratulate him in Cyrodiil as well. :p

Yeah, I can imagine how much "congratulating" everyone would be doing in Cyrodiil. :smirk:
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • nimander99
    nimander99
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Yeah, I can imagine how much "congratulating" everyone would be doing in Cyrodiil. :smirk:

LOL, so true!

And grats, have fun paying the taxes on that and watch out for relatives you didn't know coming out of the damn woodwork man.
    I AM UPDATING MY PRIVACY POLICY

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

∽∽∽ 2 years of Elder Scrolls Online ∼∼∼
    "Give us money" = Box sales & monthly sub fees,
    "moar!" = £10 palomino horse,
    "MOAR!" = Switch to B2P, launch cash shop,
    "MOAR!!" = Charge for DLC that subs had already paid for,
    "MOAR!!!" = Experience scrolls and riding lessons,
    "MOARR!!!" = Vampire/werewolf bites,
    "MOAARRR!!!" = CS exclusive motifs,
    "MOOAARRR!!!" = Crown crates,
    "MOOOAAARRR!!!" = 'Chapter's' bought separately from ESO+,
    "MOOOOAAAARRRR!!!!" = ???

Male, Dunmer, VR16, Templar, Aldmeri Dominion, Master Crafter & all Traits, CP450
  • menedhyn
    menedhyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congratulations, and very best wishes to you both. Happy gaming too!
    'Pure rains make sweet rivers'
  • cronius77b14_ESO
    cronius77b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I hate to sound like the jerk in the room but instead of giving away a mil to one person why dont you show some appreciation to the many mod creators that made your absolutely horrible interface bearable to play your game. This is almost a slap in the face to people that been here since day one fixing your bugs and making your game a much better game. Grats to the player who did get it though at least someone finally got something from this company for free.
  • nimander99
    nimander99
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I hate to sound like the jerk in the room but instead of giving away a mil to one person why dont you show some appreciation to the many mod creators that made your absolutely horrible interface bearable to play your game. This is almost a slap in the face to people that been here since day one fixing your bugs and making your game a much better game. Grats to the player who did get it though at least someone finally got something from this company for free.

I agree with your sentiment but money isn't a zero sum game, I think you should start a post and suggest this in general forum and see what people have too say.
    I AM UPDATING MY PRIVACY POLICY

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

∽∽∽ 2 years of Elder Scrolls Online ∼∼∼
    "Give us money" = Box sales & monthly sub fees,
    "moar!" = £10 palomino horse,
    "MOAR!" = Switch to B2P, launch cash shop,
    "MOAR!!" = Charge for DLC that subs had already paid for,
    "MOAR!!!" = Experience scrolls and riding lessons,
    "MOARR!!!" = Vampire/werewolf bites,
    "MOAARRR!!!" = CS exclusive motifs,
    "MOOAARRR!!!" = Crown crates,
    "MOOOAAARRR!!!" = 'Chapter's' bought separately from ESO+,
    "MOOOOAAAARRRR!!!!" = ???

Male, Dunmer, VR16, Templar, Aldmeri Dominion, Master Crafter & all Traits, CP450
  • MarrazzMist
    MarrazzMist
    ✭✭✭✭
    Amazing, congrats!
  • PrimeSeptim
    PrimeSeptim
    ✭✭✭
    I guess I'm happy that someone has gotten
    something substantial out of this game.

But! I can't help but feel that you giving away that kind of money was a bit OTT.
    IMHO, it should've been several smaller prizes (since there's definitely more than one fan across all platforms and would've been much more appreciated) or crowns only instead of real life cash.

Basically... That is a million dollars that could've gone towards fixing server lag, instability and
    overall quality of the game. But, no, instead it's just going to fill some random person's back pocket. I don't think you should be throwing your money away like that whilst the game is still in the state that it is.

... It's far from perfect. And yet you're just giving away money like you're Camelot?

2007265322-Spock-Illogical.jpg

• The_Great_Maldini
    The_Great_Maldini
    ✭✭✭

But! I can't help but feel that you giving away that kind of money was a bit OTT.
    IMHO, it should've been several smaller prizes (since there's definitely more than one fan across all platforms and would've been much more appreciated) or crowns only instead of real life cash.

Basically... That is a million dollars that could've gone towards fixing server lag, instability and
    overall quality of the game. But, no, instead it's just going to fill some random person's back pocket. I don't think you should be throwing your money away like that whilst the game is still in the state that it is.

... It's far from perfect. And yet you're just giving away money like you're Camelot?

You understand that it is 50k annually over 20 years and NOT a lump sum. The money may not even have come from the ZOS coffers entirely.
  • PrimeSeptim
    PrimeSeptim
    ✭✭✭

The money may not even have come from the ZOS coffers entirely.

Well, as you know ZOS is a subsidiary to Zenimax Media Inc. (the parent company)
    which more than likely (as most companies do nowadays) only care about money. I'm just saying...

Anyways, a number of other developers are also under their wing, such as Bethesda. So, one possibility is that they may have taken a % of Bethesda's funding and directed that to ZOS for some insane reasoning? Obviously, to give some lucky-random-person a million dollars but what would be their ulterior motive? If that is the case, then that would probably, to some extent, halt progress on Fallout 4's development and the possibility of ES6 and that would be a very different matter altogether.
    Whatever the case may be, I just thought I'd share my thoughts on it... It's not my money...
    And to be honest I'm slowly unhooking myself from this game, so I really shouldn't be in the slightest way bothered who they give their money to -- which I'm not of course.

I just don't see the logic in things like this... Humanity though :pensive:

Edited by PrimeSeptim on March 5, 2016 1:43AM
  • Glaiceana
    Glaiceana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Congratulations! :)
    Priests of Hircine
    Werewolves who bite for FREE! PC/EU
    Our total free bites: 7000+
    Guild Subreddit | Forum Thread | YouTube Playlist
    Total Champion Points: 1000+
    Main Character: Ithaera - Stam DK, Nord, Female, DD, Werewolf.
    Rothelnog - Stam NB, Orc, Male, DD, Werewolf.
    J'Xena - Mag DK, Khajiit, Female, DD, Werewolf.
    Dances-With-Frost-Dragons - DK, Argonian, Male, Tank, Werewolf.
    Raziel The Paradox - Mag TP, Dark Elf, Male, DD, Vampire.
    Swims-Through-Starlight - TP, Argonian, Female, Healer, Werewolf.
    Glaicean Mag Ward, High Elf, Male, Ice DD, Werewolf.
    Hjurne Hircine's Forsaken - Sorc, Redguard, Male, PvP DD, Werewolf.
    My Total Free Werewolf Bites: 400+ (Ask me about bites if you need one!)
    Playing since July 2015!
  • cronius77b14_ESO
    cronius77b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    nimander99 wrote: »

I agree with your sentiment but money isn't a zero sum game, I think you should start a post and suggest this in general forum and see what people have too say.

I would but to be perfectly honest Ive mostly moved on from this game and log in just a bit and GD is full of trolls still bickering over what class needs to be nurfed for pvp. I make my statement because ZEN has never given a crap about their modding community in ANY of their games at all even though their modding community does a 100x better job than their overpaid coding team ever does as they are sloppy and poorly managed. Giving some random guy a million dollars when they could of at least threw together some modding contests with cash prizes shows how ignorant this team really is.
  • Strei_Kiinxei
    Strei_Kiinxei
    ✭✭✭
    nimander99 wrote: »

I would but to be perfectly honest Ive mostly moved on from this game and log in just a bit and GD is full of trolls still bickering over what class needs to be nurfed for pvp. I make my statement because ZEN has never given a crap about their modding community in ANY of their games at all even though their modding community does a 100x better job than their overpaid coding team ever does as they are sloppy and poorly managed. Giving some random guy a million dollars when they could of at least threw together some modding contests with cash prizes shows how ignorant this team really is.

Well, to be honest, it is you who seems ignorant rather than ZOS. Sure, it would be cool for them to hold add-on type contests and such to show appreciation to mod creators, but you fail to realize something. They allowed players to create add-ons for the game. If anything, they could have not supported such an opportunity for those who do enjoy making such content.

You want appreciation, but demanding it shows that, someone like you or anyone whom demands such a thing, does not deserve it at all. Appreciation works similar to respect, and as such it isn't freely given to those that want to behave negatively an bash, troll, flame, and etc. You make it seem as if everyone uses the add-ons to play the game but not everyone does. Nor does ZOS demand their fans to create such content. It is player choice to do so. Appreciation would be cool for such dedicated players willing to code up some good add-ons, but when you demand it and start disrespecting a company over it? Then, it shows poor character and leaves negative perception for people.

A randomized contest/sweepstake such as "A Million Reasons To Play" is fair for everyone to get a chance to win and such contests is something that works. Even if some one wants to throw a bit of negative over it, it still is an activity every fan can enjoy. Especially by fact, you do not have to be a mod creator to be called a dedicated fan.

The only thing I agree is add-on creation contests would be cool, but the way you go about it is something I'd like to call, un-appreciating. Learn to appreciate their actual hard work.

One last thing, ZOS are actual professionals where as mod creators do it for fun and enjoyment to show their own way of dedication to the games the play.as such, I'd appreciate it if you actually consider this instead of being aggressive over something like this. After all, you seem to be giving the impression of being an angry child not getting his/her way all the time.

-Strei
  • James-Wayne
    James-Wayne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congrats to him, what faction does he support? Anyone know? Guess his a lifetime ESO member now!
    PERTH, AUSTRALIA | PC | NA | @Aussie-Elders

TENTH ANNIVERSARY - Thanks for sticking with us for 10 years.
    James-Wayne you earned this badge 9:56AM on 4th of February 2024.
    529 people have also earned this badge.
  • emmerz6949
    emmerz6949
    ✭✭
    Congratz!

So when should we be keeping an eye out for those crown winning e-mails? :wink:
  • Lolssi
    Lolssi
    ✭✭✭
    Original interface is just fine for me.
  • p1nhead
    p1nhead
    ✭✭
    Gratz, man! :)
  • TheGrayChangeling
    Congratulations to the winner! :smile:

Unlike some, I actually think the promotion, exactly as it was executed, was a good idea - might not even be bad to make it a recurring thing. If the goal was to motivate people to play the game - it worked on me. I can honestly say it was a factor in me being drawn back into ESO.

And while I think the idea floated above about tying prize money to competitions might be cool with something like add-ons...I would hope that they would never tie it to pvp achievements. I think that would be an amazing shortcut to a toxic community giving unnecessary drama to the MMO genre's eternal (and tiresome) buff/nerf cycles.