Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

So is heavy armor basically the non-undead vampire?

dsalter
dsalter
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
by using it you nerf yourself pretty hard and neither got looked at during this DLC's "balancing"
PLEASE REPLY TO ME WITH @dsalter otherwise i'm likely to miss the reply if its not my own thread

EU - [Arch Mage Dave] Altmer Sorcerer
Fight back at the crates and boxes, together we can change things.

• hrothbern
    hrothbern
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    dsalter wrote: »
    by using it you nerf yourself pretty hard and neither got looked at during this DLC's "balancing"

smile

Brings up to me the idea for a HA passive... something like the undeath passive of Vampire (and the Armor Resist of the Pariah set):

so something like: "at lower Health reduces incoming damage by up to a maximum of 25%.

At 100 Health 0%
    At 80% Health 5%
    At 60% Health 10%
    At 40% Health 15%
    At 20% Health 20%
    At 0% Health 25%

Passive could be called "Resilience" and could replace "Battle Field Mobility".
    .... and give us the reduction of movement while blocking straight away without the passive.
    Why ?
    As HA our effective battle field mobility while blocking is already heavily debuffed because we cannot buff ourselves with "Major Expedition" to get 40% movement speed on top while blocking.

And to all the Tanks that want to say: "this passive is of little value, like the Pariah set, because as taunting Tank I need my Health to be at 80-100% all the time, to have enough buffer, to deal with the very big blows of Bosses".
    I say: yes you are right, this passive is certainly not game breaking, and adds in practice perhaps 5% on average.
    But every little bit helps for HA and Tanks.

Edited by hrothbern on March 3, 2016 11:54AM
    "I still do not understand why I followed the advice of Captain Rana to bring the villagers of Bleakrock into safety. We should have fought for our village and not have backed down, with our tail between our legs. Now my home village is in shambles, the houses burning, the invaders feasting.I swear every day to Shor that after Molag Bal has been defeated, I will hunt down the invaders and restore peace in Bleakrock and drink my mead with my friends at the market place".PC-EU
  • dsalter
    dsalter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    hrothbern wrote: »
    dsalter wrote: »

smile

Brings up to me the idea for a HA passive... something like the undeath passive of Vampire (and the Armor Resist of the Pariah set):

so something like: "at lower Health reduces incoming damage by up to a maximum of 25%.

At 100 Health 0%
    At 80% Health 5%
    At 60% Health 10%
    At 40% Health 15%
    At 20% Health 20%
    At 0% Health 25%

Passive could be called "Resilience" and could replace "Battle Field Mobility".
    .... and give us the reduction of movement while blocking straight away without the passive.
    Why ?
    As HA our effective battle field mobility while blocking is already heavily debuffed because we cannot buff ourselves with "Major Expedition" to get 40% movement speed on top while blocking.

And to all the Tanks that want to say: "this passive is of little value, like the Pariah set, because as taunting Tank I need my Health to be at 80-100% all the time, to have enough buffer, to deal with the very big blows of Bosses".
    I say: yes you are right, this passive is certainly not game breaking, and adds in practice perhaps 5% on average.
    But every little bit helps for HA and Tanks.

tbh just giving 1.5% damage reduction per heavy armor (2% vs players) and increase the resource regen passive by double or even triple and i'd call Heavy armor useful for durability with no damage increases.
    PLEASE REPLY TO ME WITH @dsalter otherwise i'm likely to miss the reply if its not my own thread

EU - [Arch Mage Dave] Altmer Sorcerer
    Fight back at the crates and boxes, together we can change things.

• umagon
    umagon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The combat lead doesn't like tanks and doesn't want players to be tanky. It is kind of evident with all of the out of control damage. Passives that bypass armor, unlimited resource pools, 40k stam/magicka, and so on. They claim update 10 will have updates for heavy. But you are talking about the same person who thinks prox det is a good idea, who wrecked heavy armor's active skill because med/light users used it instead of just making the immune part require 5 heavy, who didn't have stam skills for classes and when he added them made them still do magic damage. The same person who created shield stacking, fear, wrecking blow, etc. Don't expect much for an update, if any.
  • Soris
    Soris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    umagon wrote: »
    wrecked heavy armor's active skill because med/light users used it instead of just making the immune part require 5 heavy.
    :( Plus they gave everyone unblockable stun. This alone shows how the combat team lacks vision about game balance and to fix things.
    You had one problem and you did buff one and nerf the other, you created another problem. Instead fixing the cause of the problem you choose this simple blanket solution for god knows whaterver reason.

Same with other things like battle spirit and block/dodge penalties. People were one shotting each other and healing for insane numbers so you put 50% penalty on them, but in the end, today, people still doing exact same thing. Nothing has changed. Except lots of well-rounded builds, regen and tank builds become extinct due to not doing enough damage and heal through battle spirit penalty. 95% of v16 sets in game become redundant and undesired because of this.

I can't believe how this company still feeding the lead combat designer. He literally *** up with everything.
    Welkynd [Templar/AD/EU]
  • DKsUnite
    DKsUnite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    been playing light armour mDK the last couple weeks. Thought i would try out heavy for the night. Pretty much losing out on quite a bit of dmg and not being able to kill anyone for the ability to tank a bit longer. Respecced back to light and its all good now :D
    Vyr Cor | Magicka Dragonknight | DC
    Vir Cor | Stamina Dragonknight | DC

Latest Videos:
    Magicka Dragonknight: Vyr Cor | "A Dragon's Fury" | Magicka Dragonknight PvP
    Stamina Dragonknight: Vir Cor | "Heathen" | Stamina Dragonknight PvP

Youtube: CorGaming
  • RobbaYaga
    RobbaYaga
    ✭✭
    New Ideas for HA

1) (Merely a Flesh Wound) Decrease incoming Weapon and Spell Penetration by X
    2) (Heavy Blow) Increase out going Weapon Penetration by X
    3) (Head of Steam) Increase outgoing damage from Charge Attacks & Bashing by X
    4) (Unbreakable) Decrease incoming Siege weapon damage and effect's duration by X
    5) (Immovable) After suffering knockback or a disabling effect, immunity to further such effects increased by X seconds

Base Skill: Gain Major Ward and reduced cost to break free

Morph 1: Add synergy for allies to gain Minor Ward
    Morph 2: Increase Combat Health Regeneration by X%
    Dragon kings, dying queens; where is salvation now?
  • Jeezye
    Jeezye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    RobbaYaga wrote: »
    New Ideas for HA

4) (Unbreakable) Decrease incoming Siege weapon damage and effect's duration by X
    5) (Immovable) After suffering knockback or a disabling effect, immunity to further such effects increased by X seconds

You seem to completly forget that HA is used for PVE tanking and all your passives are addressing pvp buffs.
    Edited by Jeezye on March 3, 2016 10:41PM
  • Ampnode
    Ampnode
    ✭✭✭✭
    Jeezye wrote: »
    RobbaYaga wrote: »
    New Ideas for HA

You seem to completly forget that HA is used for PVE tanking and all your passives are addressing pvp buffs.

Except you're still better off running 7/7 MA for tanking in PvE. You're right about the passives he listed being strictly for PvP, though.
    PC NA - CP640+

Characters:
    Amp - Magicka Nightblade
    Amp - Magicka Sorcerer
    Amp - Magicka Templar
    Amp - Stamina Dragonknight
    Amp - Stamina Templar
    Amp - Magicka Dragonknight
    Amp - Stamina Sorcerer
    Amp - Stamina Nightblade
  • Personofsecrets
    Personofsecrets
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    the big problem is diminished returns for heavy armor users that are blocking vs a player that has all the regeneration but still decent damage mitigation because they use a single piece or maybe two pieces of heavy armor.
    Don't tank

"In future content we will probably adjust this model somewhat (The BOP model). It's definitely nice to be able to find a cool item that you don't need and trade it to someone who can't wait to get their hands on it." - Wrobel
  • Teridaxus
    Teridaxus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They even nerfed our passives when they finally realised heavy should be tanky vs magicka.
    Also we shouldn't blame the ZOS only.
    I still remember this awful thread: http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/de/discussion/148766/heavy-armor-is-so-op-in-1-6
  • RobbaYaga
    RobbaYaga
    ✭✭
    @Jeezye

1) Actually, I assume (and correct me if I'm wrong) that many bosses have armor or spell penetration.

2) Increasing the Tank's weapon penetration, while not vital, is not going to hurt in PvE since Tanks are more useful if they actually do some DPS.

3) I use Charge attacks a lot as a Tank to aggro different members of mobs quickly. It's also HOT with the Tormentor set.

4) Unbreakable could be replaced with the one vaguely useful current HA passive: Bracing

5) There are all kinds of PvE bad guys that knock the Tank around if he's not on his block.

The skill change and the morphs are all good for PvE.

I don't think these are bad suggestions and work in both arenas.
  • RobbaYaga
    RobbaYaga
    ✭✭

What this old shows is that the basic premise of the armor protection values, bonuses, negatives, passives, etc. should be scrapped and rebuilt from scratch. Effects should be along the lines of people in Heavy Armor burning Stamina to do nearly anything, but being very hard to kill. People in Light Armor should get bonuses to movement and reduced Stamina costs on everything, but ruined if they get hit. Medium armor should be a mix build right between the two and the most common, honestly. But reality never factors into game design apparently, since reality solves too many problems.

These same notions could be incorporated in Magicka as well. Heavy Armor still protects, but increases Magicka costs as it interferes with spell casting or what have you.

• HoloYoitsu
    HoloYoitsu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Easy solution for Heavy Armor viability in PvP:

Delete Rapid Mending passive, replace with the Reactive Armor set effect for 5+ pieces of Heavy, done.

#doingwrobelsjob