Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Serious Animation (canceled) Bug

Mady
Mady
✭✭✭✭✭
Hey guys,

I just want to report this animation bug with a video. This one is even worse than the Wrecking Blow animation canceling bug, where (at least) the damage is visual in the UI/Healthbar. This is buggy on live and on PTS.

This can be done with all weapons, not only Dual Wield like in the video.

How to: Use a channeled skill like Dark Flare, wait for around 0.5 sec and then spam light attack.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ro3dKEmDZsI&feature=youtu.be
Discord HypeSquad Member
Official AlcastHQ Discord Server: discord.gg/alcasthq
Feel free to join!
Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that it was vanity. But the dreamers of the day are dangerous men for they may act their dream with open eyes, to make it possible.
  • bikerangelo
    bikerangelo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's hilarious. Rich Lambert said they won't be including the new animation system with the TG release, so we won't be able to enjoy invisible Dark Flares with the 12% damage buff :/
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's hilarious. Rich Lambert said they won't be including the new animation system with the TG release, so we won't be able to enjoy invisible Dark Flares with the 12% damage buff :/

That´s working on live aswell. You can healthdesyn every enemy with casted abilities atm. Animations won´t fire at all. Has been that way since IC went live.
    <Noricum>
    I live. I die. I live again.

Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
    Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50

• bikerangelo
    bikerangelo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Derra wrote: »

That´s working on live aswell. You can healthdesyn every enemy with casted abilities atm. Animations won´t fire at all. Has been that way since IC went live.

There's a similar bug with Dark Flare along with the health desync on live, but this way of replicating it seems new to me. Gonna try it after work :D
  • D0ntevenL1ft
    D0ntevenL1ft
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Sorry I'm not sure if i missed this news. The new prioritization of animations isn't being added with TG anymore?
  • Tonnopesce
    Tonnopesce
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It can be done in a similar way even live.
    Usually with my Sorcerer, i cast crystal frag and if i hit in the right moment with a light attack the fragment stay mid air on the left of the character, i don't get even the damage in FTC but if i wait a couple of seconds the mob drop dead.
    Edited by Tonnopesce on March 3, 2016 7:16PM
    Signature

• NativeJoe
    NativeJoe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wanna know another cool bug. My friend who is a templar can on occasion bug out his heals. literally pumping out 381k heals per second lol :smiley: templars with their bugs are taking it up a notch or two :wink:
    650cp+ Sorcerer 100+ days /played
    Broken'Stick North American Server
    https://www.twitch.tv/trixytricks
  • bikerangelo
    bikerangelo
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Sorry I'm not sure if i missed this news. The new prioritization of animations isn't being added with TG anymore?
    Just wanted to update everyone on where we are at with the animation prioritization efforts going on right now. At its core, the goal for the change was to make it clear which attacks players were using, while preserving the responsiveness of combat. We’ve made great strides towards this, but there are still a number of cases where things just don’t look or feel right (blocking as an example). As such, we’re going to be rolling back this change in next week's PTS patch (2.3.4) and will not be taking it to the Live megaservers.

We will continue to iterate on the system internally and will roll out the changes when they are ready.

• D0ntevenL1ft
    D0ntevenL1ft
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Just wanted to update everyone on where we are at with the animation prioritization efforts going on right now. At its core, the goal for the change was to make it clear which attacks players were using, while preserving the responsiveness of combat. We’ve made great strides towards this, but there are still a number of cases where things just don’t look or feel right (blocking as an example). As such, we’re going to be rolling back this change in next week's PTS patch (2.3.4) and will not be taking it to the Live megaservers.

We will continue to iterate on the system internally and will roll out the changes when they are ready.

• Ampnode
    Ampnode
    ✭✭✭✭
    Made a post about this in a nerf Wrecking Blow thread. It's hilarious what canceling WB can do, and especially on a player.
    PC NA - CP640+

Characters:
    Amp - Magicka Nightblade
    Amp - Magicka Sorcerer
    Amp - Magicka Templar
    Amp - Stamina Dragonknight
    Amp - Stamina Templar
    Amp - Magicka Dragonknight
    Amp - Stamina Sorcerer
    Amp - Stamina Nightblade
  • MormondPayne_EP
    MormondPayne_EP
    ✭✭✭✭
    NativeJoe wrote: »
    Wanna know another cool bug. My friend who is a templar can on occasion bug out his heals. literally pumping out 381k heals per second lol :smiley: templars with their bugs are taking it up a notch or two :wink:

I know, how sad is it that for a Templar to be competitive we need to rely on stupid bugs like this...

ZOS - 90% strike rate on busting more things than they fix...

gg ZOS.
  • Bofrari
    Bofrari
    ✭✭✭
    Wait are you seriously serious there is AC in eso I can't be true.
  • Autolycus
    Autolycus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not a new issue, but thanks for pointing it out. This is just one of the many reasons that they are looking into making the animations visible. Been doing this for some time now.