The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Stamina Based DragonKnight Question

Hawco10
Hawco10
✭✭✭✭
Hello everyone,
I keep reading on the forums about the above, so I made a new guy and decided to roll him out as a DK. So I went through the wailing prison and made it to Daggerfall. However, when I went to add in my skill point that I got, I noticed that all the DK abilities have a magika cost and not a stamina cost. So I'm confused as to how you can make a stamina guy from all the magika skill costs?
  • Chelos
    Chelos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Most skills you will use when making a stamina build will be weapon-skills and magicka based skills that will have a duration or you will only need once in a while so a high magicka pool is not necessary.
    Second there's also skills that can be morphed into stamina skills.
    • Ich bin nicht merkwürdig ich bin eine limitierte Auflage!
    • I'm not weird I'm limited edition!
  • Hawco10
    Hawco10
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ah gotcha, so basically build up the skills for two handed swords and such, minimum points into magika and then morph the magika abilities into the stamina ones?
    Or am I basically better of just keeping the guy a magika dk instead? It would be for PVP mostly with the odd bit of PVE here and there. I hear so much about the Dragon knight class and wanted to build one out from scratch
  • Fellenore_Ewalion
    Fellenore_Ewalion
    ✭✭✭
    Hawco10 wrote: »
    Ah gotcha, so basically build up the skills for two handed swords and such, minimum points into magika and then morph the magika abilities into the stamina ones?
    Or am I basically better of just keeping the guy a magika dk instead? It would be for PVP mostly with the odd bit of PVE here and there. I hear so much about the Dragon knight class and wanted to build one out from scratch

I'd rather say spend no points on magicka or health. Spend all of them on stamina, if you want to deal damage. If you want to absorb damage, then you can spend your points on health.

Weapon skills (save for the staves) use stamina. Sprinting, dodge rolling, moving in stealth also uses stamina. Many class abilities' morphs use stamina, too.

You can use 1-2 magicka-based abilities to buff or CC, though, but it is only viable to deal damage with stamina-based ones only.
    My Great House Telvanni did not join the Pact.
    But it does not mean I don't want to be Emperor.
  • Cuyler
    Cuyler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Your going to use either DW, 2h or Bow or a mix of them all. They are stamina based skills. Your DK skills start as magic but can be morphed to stamina when leveled up, which you will want to do for unstable flame and burning breath.
    Guild: STACK n BURN (gm) PC - NA
    CP 810 18 Maxed Characters:
    "How hard can u guar?" - Rafishul[/spoiler]
  • LiquidSchwartz
    LiquidSchwartz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    some moves morph to stamina otherwise you need to use your weapon skills heavily
    DK guide I wrote:
    I have 4 Dragon knights 2 magicka and 2 stamina.

Personally, my favorites are Dunmer (6% max magicka and stamina, fire damage) because of all the magicka needs for a DK
    Best Races for stam:
    -Imperial*
    -Redguard
    -Orc
    -Dark Elf*
    If you want to have HUGE damage but low recovery and defense you can go Khajiit.

*Imperial: Probably the best overall because you get max HP and stam
    *Dark Elf: Not the best choice but the fire damage bonus on your abilities will go a long way especially with the fire passives.

The best way to make a stamina DK:
    -All attributes into stamina
    -5 medium 2 heavy (if undaunted 6+ run 1H 1L 5M for the 6% extra everything)
    -2H and Bow for PvE/2H and Sword and Shield for PvP (but you can use bow in pvp as well)

Usually the 2h bar is a buff bar/ execute bar and you do the rest of your damage with your bow/s+s

Some of your abilities will morph to scale off of weapon damage and max stamina
    Searing strike morphs to unstable flame and the flame breath has a morph that is a good AoE DoT that lowers their resistances.
    Use volatile armor to gain resistance and reveal stealthed enemies
    Use igneous shield to dump magicka back into your stamina bar (earthen heart passives)
    Sadly, whip doesnt morph to stam.

YOUR MOST IMPORTANT MOVE IS DRAGON FIRE SCALE (reflective scale morph)

you can reflect any projectile (even comets until next patch)

For ultimates:
    You can use take flight (dragonleap morph)
    Flawless dawnbreaker (fighters guild weapon damage morph)
    Standard of might (18%extra damage and you take less dmg in it). Next patch you might want shifting standard because it will be cheaper
    If you're having trouble staying alive, corrosive armor is AMAZING
    caps damage at 3% of your max hp and does dmg to enemies near by and when they attack

good luck
    May the Schwartz be with you.
    EP/XB1/NA

• Hawco10
    Hawco10
    ✭✭✭✭
    Great information everyone and thank you !
  • DHale
    DHale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would level 2 hander then duel wiled once bar swap. Once one is fifty then level bow then on to sword and board. In the end you will use DK ults likely corrosive armor and dragon leap or ( not DK) meteor and flawless dawnbreaker. The DK abilities reflective scales, igneous shield, sometime volatile armor. fossilize and engulfing flame, that's most of them..I am sure I missed a couple. But that will kind of give you a guide path. I would go 7 medium armor. Get all passive in class line and armor for sure.
    Sorcerna, proud beta sorc. RIP April 2014 to May 31 2016 DArk Brotherhood. Out of retirement for negates and encases. Sorcerna will be going back into retirement to be my main crafter Fall 2018. Because an 8 k shield is f ing useless. Died because of baddies on the forum. Too much qq too little pew pew. 16 AD 2 DC. 0 EP cause they bad, CP 2300 plus 18 level 50 toons. NA, PC, Grey Host#SORCLIVESMATTER actually they don’t or they wouldn’t keep getting nerfed constantly.
  • Hawco10
    Hawco10
    ✭✭✭✭
    Been leveling my DK up through the story line and have to tell you that I'm really impressed with this class. I have a vr16 Magika NB and already I can tell that my DK guy isn't going to be half as squishy as the nb. Can't wait to see where this goes.
    Thanks again guys !

• yodased
    yodased
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    One thing that I don't think has been hit upon is that DK's are not mobile fighters. If you are thinking about running, you will die.

The DK does not run, you will be most effective actively attacking with defensive buffs active. You have to put full court pressure on your enemy and try not to be on the back foot.

Stam DK fighting from defensive position is significantly more difficult than offensive.

SO always be in the front of the pack, push the enemy and attack. Your ultimate is your sustain, your wings are your warm blanket and your DOTs are your salvation.

So. much. fun.
    Tl;dr really weigh the fun you have in game vs the business practices you are supporting.