Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

How can one go about Exploring Group Dungeons Thoroughly??

Divinamama
This question was kinda brought up here: http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/110015/removing-from-area but there doesn't seem to be any solutions on that thread. I am a newb, I guess :) and my first 2 group dungeons I just did were awesome but I was really disappointed in how quick everything had to go - the first time around in a dungeon I quickly lost track of the group and it said "removing you from group" so I got booted for not staying together...Of course I really understand this all now because ppl in a dungeon obviously want everyone that goes in there to be working together and battling the villains and bosses without anyone having to take the brunt of the work or anyone getting off easy doing nothing... But, as is noted in the thread I linked, at completetion of the dungeon and receiving your skill point and awarded loot it would be good to then be able to go back thru the dungeon to really look around. Also when I did the Banished Cells it kinda sucked because there seemed to be quite an interesting story line (which I really enjoy!) but I had to hurry along clicking quickly thru all of the story dialogue from the npc's because the group was gone out of the room (onward, onward! Lol) while I was sitting around trying to read the storyline. I am a straggler who loves to take my time in solo dungeons and seek every tiny thing in every little corner. I go slow thru my gameplay reading all the dialogues and even stopping to read the books on shelves sometimes - I'm an older player and a mom of 3, when I get a chance to play it isn't about "levelling" for me or going as quickly as possible! :) and I can't help but wonder if it wouldn't feel *** for the developers to realize that most people going thru those dungeons don't even have a chance to read the storylines in the dialogues (even if they want to) Does anyone know a solution for this? And please don't tell me I nee to find 3 other like-minded players each time I want to do a dungeon because I have no friends (in real life or online :blush: ) and if I need to wait to try to only get like minded players together I will never get a chance to do the dungeons (I only get on sporadically to play, I can't plan with other people for certain days to meet online even though I really wish I could!) ok sorry for the long post, I have never posted on here before so please be kind to me and if you have any answers let me know. I am a level 16 sorceress Dark Elf in the Ebonhart pact playing on PS4 - THANKS! And happy journeys in Tamriel to all of you ESO'ers :kissing_heart:
  • RAGUNAnoOne
    RAGUNAnoOne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you are in NA me and my friend are patient people if you want to do a run or 2
    PS4 NA
    Argonian Master Race

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

Support Tail armor and tail ribbons: http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/236333/concept-tail-armor-for-beast-races#latest
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/246134/request-dyeable-tail-ribbons
  • Prabooo
    Prabooo
    ✭✭✭✭
    find a PvE guild that shares your interest, you can ask in zone or research in this forum
  • Alabyn
    Alabyn
    ✭✭✭
    I'm sorry they left you! Usually if you let a group know at the start that you are running the quest they'll be patient and understand you are interacting with NPCs. Unfortunately many players know the older content so well they are just screaming along to get finished with the dungeon run! Ah, well. Hey, if you're on NA/PC friend me and I'll be glad to help as well! @alabyn
    Edited by Alabyn on February 29, 2016 5:52AM
  • Divinamama
    Thanks so much everyone & I will try to add you guys as friends :) (although it worries me that I feel like there is no one alive that would be patient enough to stand my levels of meandering lol )
  • Ffastyl
    Ffastyl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    One of the tricks you can employ is to ask a Level 10 or someone substantially lower level than you to group, set them to party leader, and enter the group dungeon solo. The combat may or may not be engaging but so long as the lower level understands to not disband group, you have unlimited time to explore dungeons.

This is not the case for several Veteran dungeons, with a minimum scaling close to or at the level cap.
    "A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it."

PC NA
    Daggerfall Covenant

Ffastyl - Level 50 Templar
    Arturus Amitis - Level 50 Nightblade
    Sulac the Wanderer - Level 50 Dragonknight
    Arcturus Leland - Level 50 Sorcerer
    Azrog rus-Oliphet - Level 50 Templar
    Tienc - Level 50 Warden
    Aldmeri Dominion
    Ashen Willow Knight - Level 50 Templar
    Champion Rank 938

Check out:
    Old vs New Intro Cinematics

"My strength is that I have no weaknesses. My weakness is that I have no strengths."
    Member since May 4th, 2014.
  • Divinamama
    So am I understanding correctly that whoever is in the dungeon together will need to stay closely by each other during the run? If I get a level 10 or so in with me won't we just get massacred? Lol I'm the type that likes to incorporate sneak as much as possible to evade many of the enemies who can be bypassed but I have a feeling in these dungeons there isn't much chance for that!! Ffastyl you say I could ask a level 10 to group but then go in solo, will it work like that? What is the way to mark the other player as "leader"? Thanks very much in advance for any advice!!
  • Ffastyl
    Ffastyl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Level 10 does not even need to enter the dungeon. They just need to be in a group with you. The more common name for party leader is crown, which is a term you should have heard or a shape seen if you have experience with group dungeons already. Right clicking a name in the party window will show an option "Promote to Leader" if you are the current party leader. All instances will scale to level of the party leader, within a certain range. Most instances have a minimum level and max at the level cap. The idea is to scale the group dungeon to such a low level you can solo all the combat encounters.
    "A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it."

PC NA
    Daggerfall Covenant

Ffastyl - Level 50 Templar
    Arturus Amitis - Level 50 Nightblade
    Sulac the Wanderer - Level 50 Dragonknight
    Arcturus Leland - Level 50 Sorcerer
    Azrog rus-Oliphet - Level 50 Templar
    Tienc - Level 50 Warden
    Aldmeri Dominion
    Ashen Willow Knight - Level 50 Templar
    Champion Rank 938

Check out:
    Old vs New Intro Cinematics

"My strength is that I have no weaknesses. My weakness is that I have no strengths."
    Member since May 4th, 2014.
  • Lolssi
    Lolssi
    ✭✭✭
    I'm pretty like minded but I've learned to speed it up until dungeon is finished and I can backtrack exploring. Unfortunately people dispand so fast usually that I get booted way too fast :disappointed:
  • bryanhaas
    bryanhaas
    ✭✭✭✭
    Divinamama wrote: »
    This question was kinda brought up here: http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/110015/removing-from-area but there doesn't seem to be any solutions on that thread. I am a newb, I guess :) and my first 2 group dungeons I just did were awesome but I was really disappointed in how quick everything had to go - the first time around in a dungeon I quickly lost track of the group and it said "removing you from group" so I got booted for not staying together...Of course I really understand this all now because ppl in a dungeon obviously want everyone that goes in there to be working together and battling the villains and bosses without anyone having to take the brunt of the work or anyone getting off easy doing nothing... But, as is noted in the thread I linked, at completetion of the dungeon and receiving your skill point and awarded loot it would be good to then be able to go back thru the dungeon to really look around. Also when I did the Banished Cells it kinda sucked because there seemed to be quite an interesting story line (which I really enjoy!) but I had to hurry along clicking quickly thru all of the story dialogue from the npc's because the group was gone out of the room (onward, onward! Lol) while I was sitting around trying to read the storyline. I am a straggler who loves to take my time in solo dungeons and seek every tiny thing in every little corner. I go slow thru my gameplay reading all the dialogues and even stopping to read the books on shelves sometimes - I'm an older player and a mom of 3, when I get a chance to play it isn't about "levelling" for me or going as quickly as possible! :) and I can't help but wonder if it wouldn't feel *** for the developers to realize that most people going thru those dungeons don't even have a chance to read the storylines in the dialogues (even if they want to) Does anyone know a solution for this? And please don't tell me I nee to find 3 other like-minded players each time I want to do a dungeon because I have no friends (in real life or online :blush: ) and if I need to wait to try to only get like minded players together I will never get a chance to do the dungeons (I only get on sporadically to play, I can't plan with other people for certain days to meet online even though I really wish I could!) ok sorry for the long post, I have never posted on here before so please be kind to me and if you have any answers let me know. I am a level 16 sorceress Dark Elf in the Ebonhart pact playing on PS4 - THANKS! And happy journeys in Tamriel to all of you ESO'ers :kissing_heart:

I kinda hate rushing through stuff I like reading the story but seems like most don't. I am patient but on AD :(
    PS4 NA AD GM formerly known as GM of "The Children of the Void"

9 trait crafter I do all the things (Yes I mean ALL the things ;0).

Price list: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1FTV7ACtmEpQQwsEiHVcrBxC0zKaj6LKvc3An7dGG2t0/edit?usp=sharing
    Youtube: MaulochBaal https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCRav05_8nWGvlTrfBBefaEw/featured
  • Myrnhiel
    Myrnhiel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can't believe how I agree with you! This is one of the two reasons why I stopped doing the group dungeons (the second reason being that I am actually really really bad when it comes to those group activities... ;-) ).

I did the first dungeons with some members of my guild, but as they had already done them and just did them again for levelling, XP etc., I had the impression that they were constantly waiting for me finishing reading the dialogues - I always felt rushed. Then I joined some random groups and it was even worse. I don't know if they even read the dialogues or just klicked through them - I had not yet really begun and they were already through them and running away. Exploring every corner of the dungeons was absolutely impossible - no fun at all for me.

Actually I would like to complete all the dungeons at least one time, but I don't really miss them. There is so much to do in this game, so many things to discover, places to explore, objects to find and collect - I don't think I will ever finish with it, so it won't hurt me to leave the group dungeons out.

I keep my fingers crossed for you and hope that you'll find likeminded players - not only for running the dungeons but also as good friends! :)
    Edited by Myrnhiel on March 2, 2016 9:29PM
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When I run group dungeons with others, I tell them we will wait for the dialogs and reading books and such (but we do expect you to use the Eidetic Memory to read the books later). However most PUGs (pick up groups) seem to want to bomb through the dungeons as fast as possible. Probably because most have done the dungeons before. Guild sources Dungeon groups are usually more suited to those who want to take their time.

Nice thing is, you can go back and explore a group dungeon after have you cleared it, the mobs won't respawn until you all leave the dungeon.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Thelon
    Thelon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Solo it
  • Myrnhiel
    Myrnhiel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thelon wrote: »
    Solo it

Hehe, I would do that I weren't so bad... :-)

Honestly, I thought about it, but for now my bosmer is not strong enough. Perhaps I'll give it a try when I have enough champion points (I'm at about 238 at the moment).
    I think I keep this for the moment where I feel there is absolutely nothing else for me to do in the game - but this might be a thing that will probably never happen.
  • Thelon
    Thelon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Myrnhiel wrote: »
    I thought about it, but for now my bosmer is not strong enough.

Its all about that Pet Sorc bruh
  • puffy99
    puffy99
    ✭✭✭
    ask for the crown before the group disbands and you can go back.
  • Divinamama
    Thelon wrote: »
    Myrnhiel wrote: »
    I thought about it, but for now my bosmer is not strong enough.

Its all about that Pet Sorc bruh

sorry to sound like such a newb, but what is pet sorc?? Lol
    And that is awesome puffy99 I never realized that the crown can stick around without getting booted out! I will try to see next time if the leader will switch the crown to me at the end - thanks!

• Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The Daedric Summoning line of the Sorcerer Skills lets you summon either a Clanfear or a Twilight or both to aid in combat. People call them Pets, but they are not like the Pets in the Collections tab which do not engage in combat.

Edited by Nestor on March 4, 2016 8:53PM
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Divinamama
    Oh yes, ok I have an awesome clanfear and since I have yet to buy a dlc pet I just consider her my pet for now - it is a kick ass bonus during combat that is for sure! Is the twilight really quite a lot better than the clanfear? Is it worth morphing? (Sorry to get off our original topic !)
  • Myrnhiel
    Myrnhiel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »

The Daedric Summoning line of the Sorcerer Skills lets you summon either a Clanfear or a Twilight or both to aid in combat. People call them Pets, but they are not like the Pets in the Collections tab which do not engage in combat.

Nothing for me, though. I don't play sorcerer, my bosmer is a simple archer and has nothing to do with sorcery (except for what she has to do for the quests).

I still hope that someday we will have the possibility to train the pet dogs for combat. At the moment her faithful dog only waggles his tail at the enemies and watches her being slaughtered. :)
    Edited by Myrnhiel on March 5, 2016 3:36PM