The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Do you make your toons the same gender as yourself?

• Ceridwynne
    Ceridwynne
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, I play my gender.
    I have tried making male characters but I have trouble connecting with them.
  • Asha_11_ESO
    Asha_11_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Nope.
    I play characters of both genders because I just enjoy the fun of pretending to be different people or creatures. If there was a hermaphrodite or some kind of androgynous character I'd play them too.

Each of my characters has a specific personality and some kind of a half-formed back-story. It's just fun, - like playing fantasy dress-ups :D
  • LiquidSchwartz
    LiquidSchwartz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, I play my gender.
    Ceridwynne wrote: »
    I have tried making male characters but I have trouble connecting with them.

This is how I feeeeel
    I can't get past character creator without switching it to a man after spending 10 minutes creating it lol just feels off
    May the Schwartz be with you.
    EP/XB1/NA

• Eradrann
    Eradrann
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, I play my gender.
    My three on console (and one on PC) are all male.

I have thought about making a female character maybe down the line... but even just thinking about it I feel off, haha.
    Xbox Series X - GT: VintageVinyl450 NA Player on the EU Server (always looking for help with dungeon/job dailies)Main - Eradrann, AD, Wood Elf, Bow/Bow Stamblade, 1500+CP
  • RatedChaotic
    RatedChaotic
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nope.
    Only room for one sausage.
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nope.
    Pretty even mix between male and female for me. They're characters - they don't represent me.
    Caius Drusus Imperial DK (DC)
    Bragg Ironhand Orc Temp (DC)
    Neesha Stalks-Shadows Argonian NB (EP)
    Falidir Altmer Sorcr (AD)
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Isabeau Runeseer Breton Sorc (DC)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
    Tylera the Summoner Altmer Sorc (EP)
    Svari Snake-Blood Nord DK (AD)
    Ashlyn D'Elyse Breton NB (EP)
    Filindria Bosmer Temp (DC)
    Vigbjorn the Wanderer Nord Warden (EP)
    Hrokki Winterborn Breton Warden (DC)
    Basks-in-the-Sunshine Argonian Temp
    Someone stole my sweetroll
  • Azzuria
    Azzuria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, I play my gender.
    Lysette wrote: »
    Azzuria wrote: »
    Yes. So when you see me, there you'll see a rarity... a girl gamer AND a smart blonde.

we are not that rare as many think :smile:

That was more a dig at the 'there are no gamer girls' trolls. We are many, we are strong and we will, we will, pwn you.
    Brunhilda Icehammer - Nord Dragonknight, 'Smith & Enchantress 'What is 'ranged? I need to hit something!!'
    Laehl Direthorn - Bosmer Nightblade, Purveyor of fine Clothes, Bows and Staves
    Reeza gra-Zuni - Orc Templar 'War Shaman' and Apothecary
    Noemi Snowpaw - Kajiit Dragon Knight - I laugh... or I'd have to kill you.
    Kitera Dreamon - Breton of The Dominion: Because those Daggers don't appreciate a great Mage.
    Lysara Shadowcroft - Dunmer Bloodmage: This will only hurt a lot.
  • LiquidSchwartz
    LiquidSchwartz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, I play my gender.
    Lysette wrote: »
    Yes. So when you see me, there you'll see a rarity... a girl gamer AND a smart blonde.

we are not that rare as many think :smile:

That was more a dig at the 'there are no gamer girls' trolls. We are many, we are strong and we will, we will, pwn you.

What's a grill
    May the Schwartz be with you.
    EP/XB1/NA

• IdesofMarch2
    IdesofMarch2
    ✭✭
    I only play a sorc, which I made female. I'm a male, for some reason I like my sorcs female, if it was an imperial it would have been male.
    Runs with the A.D.
    Xbox One
    PC N/A
    Magicka Sorc
  • Mojmir
    Mojmir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nope.
    All my characters are unics and hermaphrodites
  • Katahdin
    Katahdin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nope.
    Really should have a 3rd option for both.

Saying "nope" makes it look like you dont make characters your gender at all.
    Beta tester November 2013
  • melodeath
    melodeath
    ✭✭✭
    both but somehow it feels like the female animations are smoother.
  • Sparky617
    Sparky617
    ✭✭✭
    Nope.
    I'm a guy, I play both genders, but usually female. I look at it like this....If I'm going to spend hours on end looking at the backside of a humanoid cartoon....its gonna be a backside I like looking at. Immersion is not an issue because I don't pretend to be my character, it's just me playing the game
  • KallistaBlackheart
    KallistaBlackheart
    ✭✭✭
    Nope.
    i play both, depends on the toon and their story etc.