The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

NOOB QUESTION How do I download PTS?

MornaBaine
MornaBaine
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
As the title states. Can some kind soul tell me how to do this? I'd really like to take a look around! Thanks!
PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

• pmn100b16_ESO
    pmn100b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In your launcher options select the box that enables public test environment, then you can download it. Its a full game download again though.
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In your launcher options select the box that enables public test environment, then you can download it. Its a full game download again though.

I must be dumb as a post. All I see in my launcher is this:
    launcher_zpsu8d8vl6i.png

Which doesn't tell me anything about downloading PTS. :(

• Mady
    Mady
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    unbenannt.jpg

o:)o:)o:)o:)
    Discord HypeSquad Member
    Official AlcastHQ Discord Server: discord.gg/alcasthq
    Feel free to join!
    Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that it was vanity. But the dreamers of the day are dangerous men for they may act their dream with open eyes, to make it possible.
  • bikerangelo
    bikerangelo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
  • AlnilamE
    AlnilamE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, the two gear icons are not intuitive, are they?

:smiley:
    The Moot Councillor
  • helediron
    helediron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Click the cogwheel at the upper right corner, next to minimize and close. There is "Show Public Test Environment". That enables PTS on the left side.
    On hiatus. PC,EU,AD - crafting completionist - @helediron 900+ cp, @helestor 1000+ cp, @helestar 800+ cp, @helester 700+ cp - Dragonborn Z Suomikilta, Harrods, Master Crafter. - Blog - Crafthouse: all stations, all munduses, all dummies, open to everyone
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mady wrote: »
    unbenannt.jpg

Amusingly, that was the FIRST thing I did. But since doing it did not then show me what to do in order to download the PTS I came here. I guess I should have explained that as well. Anyway, that part is done...so now how do I actually download? Figure I may as well while this endless update is going on.

• pmn100b16_ESO
    pmn100b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MornaBaine wrote: »
    unbenannt.jpg

Amusingly, that was the FIRST thing I did. But since doing it did not then show me what to do in order to download the PTS I came here. I guess I should have explained that as well. Anyway, that part is done...so now how do I actually download? Figure I may as well while this endless update is going on.

Click on the italic letters The Elder Scrolls Online (PTS) and click Install
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    unbenannt.jpg

OMG I was like "WHERE IS THAT???" They're almost completely invisible/grayed out! LOL /facepalm Thank you! And thank you all who were actually nice about this. Much appreciated. :)
    Edited by MornaBaine on March 1, 2016 3:31PM

• pmn100b16_ESO
    pmn100b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    unbenannt.jpg

OMG I was like "WHERE IS THAT???" They're almost completely invisible/grayed out! LOL /facepalm Thank you! And thank you all who were actually nice about this. Much appreciated. :)

Yeah sorry I wasn't being clear, I should have said in the left hand pane. I guess its difficult to see if you don't know where to look.