The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

DOT pvp build

NoS_smoke
NoS_smoke
✭✭✭
Wanting to know if anyone has tried a DOT build with maelstrom daggers in pvp? Setting up a flurry and then applying huge dots? Just been interested in giving it a shot but cannot get a 2nd dagger. I would imagine with PI, tending slashes, and axe bleeds you can do some serious dmg, and next patch you can increase DOT dmg.
  • kingqueso950
    I think the go-to for DoT builds is maelstrom axes the_maelstroms_axe.jpg
    Ebonhart Pact
    Ascension
    GT: krazyj69
  • kadar
    kadar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I abandoned this idea a while ago because half of Cyrodiil (Nightblades) are pretty much immune to DoTs. With the new changes to Dark Cloak in Thieves Guild though...Sounds much more viable.
  • Johngo0036
    Johngo0036
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah in Thieves guild i think it will be more viable. .
    PC EU Megaserver
    @Johngo0036
    CP900+
    Altmer Magicka Sorcerer |The-Irritable-Witch(DC)
    Orc Stamina Dragonknight | Gru-Bolar(DC)
    Dunmer Magicka Nightblade | Chewbucca(DC)
    Khajit Stamina Nightblade | Gleaming Daggers(DC)
    Altmer Magicka Nightblade | Miss Chewbucca(EP)
    Argonian Magicka Templar | Walks-With-Friends(EP)
    Argonian Templar Healer | Dr Toxic(EP)
    Orc Stamina Sorc | Lady Streaks-Alot(DC)
    Dunmer Magicka DK | Whips-n-Chains(DC)
    Nord Warden | Demi Tank(DC)
    Dunmer Magicka Warden | Crafter-O-Crafts(DC)
    Bosmer Stamplar | Forest-Plump(DC)
    Argonian Hybrid Nb | Men-O-Paws(DC)
    Bosmer Stamblade | 'Maui(AD)
    Altmer Magicka Sorcerer | Mid-Life-Crisis(AD)

• leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Problem is with the changes to siege, a lot pore people will run purge.

1 purger in a group makes the build completely useless.
    PS4 EU DC

Current CP : 756+

I have every character level 50, both a magicka and stamina version.

RIP my effort to get 5x v16 characters...
  • NoS_smoke
    NoS_smoke
    ✭✭✭
    Purge is expensive and it's another thing that you need to apply to keep your defense and shields up. I prefer small scale and 1v1 as well and purge does not get used much there.
  • Forestd16b14_ESO
    Forestd16b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Johngo0036 wrote: »

Just cause DOTs effects damage shields and goes through block now doesn't mean their that viable now. Alot more useful yes don't get me wrong but with purge, cloak, and templars (what few are left) their still kinda meh plus you do need to stack DOT after DOT to get anything cause 1 or even 3 alone wont be enough.
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well I have an idea for a resto staff dot build. Resto heavy attack counts as a single target damage over time.

The New CP tree line will allow for a boost from 3 different trees. I do believe over +60% dmg for resto staff.

But that's not all!

Use resto staff to proc all sorts of sets! With the low low cost of 2 seconds, you too can be doing unblockable-hp returning-magicka restoring-ally healing damage today!

Listen to these great reviews!

"This one tried Valkyn Skoria with resto staff, this one likes it more than skooma!"

"Purchases-all-Gimics gave me Resto staff for my birthday, which as a dunmer I was skeptical, but I gotta say, I wouldn't go another day without resto staff!"

"Malacath's fury knows no bounds, but neither does my Spawn of Mephala resto staff combo, this orc gives two hate filled thumbs up!"

"I only eat the meat of my enemies, that's why I was looking for a product that would fit my need to cook the flesh of the vanquished there on the spot. Thanks Resto staff Nightflame combo!"

Put an arrow in the knee of a guard today!
    Edited by Waffennacht on March 1, 2016 2:56AM
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • exeeter702
    exeeter702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Just cause DOTs effects damage shields and goes through block now doesn't mean their that viable now. Alot more useful yes don't get me wrong but with purge, cloak, and templars (what few are left) their still kinda meh plus you do need to stack DOT after DOT to get anything cause 1 or even 3 alone wont be enough.

But how powerful is elemental + thaumaturge CPs in the next update? You can now double down on dot damage since magic and elemtal damage is baked into the same CP skill and now you have thaumaturge additionally exclusively increasing dot damage specifically.

I'm curious if anyone has had a chance to test the numbers on that.
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    exeeter702 wrote: »

But how powerful is elemental + thaumaturge CPs in the next update? You can now double down on dot damage since magic and elemtal damage is baked into the same CP skill and now you have thaumaturge additionally exclusively increasing dot damage specifically.

I'm curious if anyone has had a chance to test the numbers on that.

Well with the cp cap it won't make too much of a difference, you can only put 67 in it, even then it may be better to put a split into crit dmg and dot dmg, not sure someone will have to do the numbers.

Don't forget now the elemental defender has magick reduction in it, in the last patch not many people points into reduce ele dmg but stacked hardy, now they'll put quite a few in there so a dk dot build won't be too much more effective.

Also disease/psn etc... also now have a cp so there dmg will be reduced.

Nb's cn still cloak the dmg away, templars won't let you hit them, if anyone slots purge and uses it then your dots will be gone.

There more useful but still not viable as a build.
    PS4 EU DC

Current CP : 756+

I have every character level 50, both a magicka and stamina version.

RIP my effort to get 5x v16 characters...
  • raasdal
    raasdal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nope, it is still not viable in any way, and will still not be viable after TG DLC.

The only RELIABLE way to kill enemies in this game, is with burst damage. Any decent build will be able to either cleanse, ignore or outheal any DOT damage you can do. Specifically, healing means that the only real way to kill any skilled player, is by dealing so much damage in such a small amount of time, that the target has no time to respond with appropriate heals.

Yes, it might work in some weird 1v1's and against unskilled players. In a 1vX with just a single Templar? Forget it.
    PC - EU
    Gromag Gro-Molag - Sorcerer - EP
    Dexion Velus - Dragonknight - AD
    Chalaux Erissa - Nightblade - AD
    Firiel Erissa - Templar - AD
  • Septimus_Magna
    Septimus_Magna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Purge has been nerfed significantly:
    • Efficient Purge (Purge morph): Increased the cost of this ability by 32%.
    • Reduced the amount of targets this ability and its morphs affect to a maximum of 6 targets, previously 20 targets.
    • Increased the radius of this ability and its morphs to 18 meters from 12 meters.
    • This ability and its morphs now only affect your group, instead of any friendly nearby ally.

So DOTs could be strong against random players/unorganized groups.

As for Cloak, this makes DOT ticks for zero dmg when hidden, if you use a skill to detect the NB the DOTs continue ticking.

The downside it that it will be hard to kill a player with reliable ways to cleanse DOTs.
    PC - EU (AD)
    Septimus Mezar - Altmer Sorcerer
    Septimus Rulanir - Orsimer Templar
    Septimus Desmoru - Khajiit Necromancer
    Septimus Iroh - Dunmer Dragon Knight
    Septimus Thragar - Dunmer Nightblade
    Septimus Jah'zar - Khajiit Nightblade
    Septimus Nerox - Redguard Warden
    Septimus Ozurk - Orsimer Sorcerer
  • Tankqull
    Tankqull
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Purge has been nerfed significantly:
    • Efficient Purge (Purge morph): Increased the cost of this ability by 32%.
    • Reduced the amount of targets this ability and its morphs affect to a maximum of 6 targets, previously 20 targets.
    • Increased the radius of this ability and its morphs to 18 meters from 12 meters.
    • This ability and its morphs now only affect your group, instead of any friendly nearby ally.

So DOTs could be strong against random players/unorganized groups.

As for Cloak, this makes DOT ticks for zero dmg when hidden, if you use a skill to detect the NB the DOTs continue ticking.

The downside it that it will be hard to kill a player with reliable ways to cleanse DOTs.

name me one... :D
    purge will be to expensive, cloak will be anihilated, and cleansing ritual is restricted to the nearly noneexistant (thx to ZOS neglecting their issues) temps.
    Edited by Tankqull on March 2, 2016 5:36PM
    spelling and grammar errors are free to be abused

Sallington wrote: »
    Anything useful that players are wanting added into the game all fall under the category of "Yer ruinin my 'mersion!"

• NoS_smoke
    NoS_smoke
    ✭✭✭
    Tried to make this work. Unfortunately there is too long of setup time and being out in the open to pull more than 1 bleed off. And in 1vX no chance.
  • NoS_smoke
    NoS_smoke
    ✭✭✭
    And flurry is fricken terrible man
    Edited by NoS_smoke on March 3, 2016 12:08PM