Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Best Second Weapon for Mage?

BlueBin
BlueBin
✭✭
My main character is a Nightblade Kahjiit focussing on mage - I didn't know much about the game when I started and now realise this wasn't the smartest move - but I've never been able to decide what's the ideal second weapon to use, any suggestions?
  • AGrz5585
    AGrz5585
    ✭✭✭
    Depends on what your main weapon is. For magicka nightblade, I like melee spell damage, so I went dual wield swords as main and resto as second bar.
  • BlueBin
    BlueBin
    ✭✭
    AGrz5585 wrote: »
    Depends on what your main weapon is. For magicka nightblade, I like melee spell damage, so I went dual wield swords as main and resto as second bar.

Main weapon is destruction staff.
  • RAGUNAnoOne
    RAGUNAnoOne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dual swords, it gives the most spell damage especially with the passives
    PS4 NA
    Argonian Master Race

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

Support Tail armor and tail ribbons: http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/236333/concept-tail-armor-for-beast-races#latest
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/246134/request-dyeable-tail-ribbons
  • BlueBin
    BlueBin
    ✭✭
    Dual swords, it gives the most spell damage especially with the passives

Appreciate the tip man.
  • nilldax
    nilldax
    ✭✭✭
    Destro/resto or DW/resto are most popular. First option allows for "more focused" ranged fight, meanwhile second, gives you more spell power. Actualy restoration staff is extreamly recommended for magicka spec, mostly by usage of Healing Ward (simply: ass saving skill). Its possible to use s/b but... it is stamina eater for magicka build.
  • Volkodav
    Volkodav
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    BlueBin wrote: »
    My main character is a Nightblade Kahjiit focussing on mage - I didn't know much about the game when I started and now realise this wasn't the smartest move - but I've never been able to decide what's the ideal second weapon to use, any suggestions?

I'd say a bow. I have a Nightblade and use the bow with a Destruction Staff for my backup weapon.My skill bar reflects this too.I am a Stamina build though.If you want,you can buy a respec scroll for your attributes and skills in the crown store.You can also redistribute your champion points as well.
  • Alabyn
    Alabyn
    ✭✭✭

The smart move is the one you enjoy!
  • Volkodav
    Volkodav
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Alabyn wrote: »

The smart move is the one you enjoy!

Agreed. :}
  • Acsvf
    Acsvf
    ✭✭✭
    Dual wield or Restoration Staff, probably.
    @LightArray
    Lightarray Level 50 Dunmer Magicka Templar Healer

CP: 192

Add @Acsvf when quoting me to give me a notification!