The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Should impen weapons counter Crit damage reduction?

MrGigglypants
MrGigglypants
✭✭✭
I think there should be viable counter weights for every trait and currently impen is one that doesn't have such.
Edited by MrGigglypants on February 28, 2016 9:47PM

Should impen weapons counter Crit damage reduction? 22 votes

Yes impenetrable weapons should ignore X% of Crit resistance.
13%
cavarGreenSoup2HoTDjKahun 3 votes
No Leave crit resistance as is.
86%
Solarikenlolo_01b16_ESOYusufDredlorda.ahanchiub17_ESOAenlirmertustaScamandrosFrozenAnimalAshamrayRagnaroek93FfastylNeartheralDerraSpeelySpliffoFriedEggSandwichMichYodiasnordickittyhawk 19 votes
  • lolo_01b16_ESO
    lolo_01b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Just change impen back to crit chance reduction instead of crit damage, then you have a direct counter. But I'm not sure if you really want that >:)
  • nordickittyhawk
    nordickittyhawk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just change impen back to crit chance reduction instead of crit damage, then you have a direct counter. But I'm not sure if you really want that >:)

Huh... thats not a bad idea huh.... maybe they should make reinforced better too so base dmg is ***. .-. so u got one or the other
  • Solariken
    Solariken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Impen is the only effective mitigation option for PvP. It really smooths out incoming damage and is our only hope for survival in the burst meta. I like it as-is.
  • Ashamray
    Ashamray
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Solariken wrote: »
    Impen is the only effective mitigation option for PvP. It really smooths out incoming damage and is our only hope for survival in the burst meta. I like it as-is.

This.
    Boadrig, EU PC

Very Balanced
    Battleground Beta Testers
    Cite's Legacy
    Colosseum

Imperial City frequenter
    Imperial City feedback and suggestions
  • MrGigglypants
    MrGigglypants
    ✭✭✭

The problem I have is full impend with cp reduces crits to lower than base dmg it's to much lol . The meta will catch up in a few weeks and everyone will become noodles.
  • Speely
    Speely
    ✭✭✭✭
    Game is already too burst-centric. We aren't lacking for damage-dealing options. Armor impen is one of the only things that even slightly mitigates the insane amount of critical damage dealt. I think it's good as-is. You have to give up other useful traits to use it... settling for lower stats, lesser Mundus effects, less Armor, et al.

Trading existing weapon traits for a reverse Impen would not be as much of a sacrifice and would only make the game spazzier/burstier imo.
    Edited by Speely on February 29, 2016 3:42AM
  • MrGigglypants
    MrGigglypants
    ✭✭✭
    Speely wrote: »
    Game is already too burst-centric. We aren't lacking for damage-dealing options. Armor impen is one of the only things that even slightly mitigates the insane amount of critical damage dealt. I think it's good as-is. You have to give up other useful traits to use it... settling for lower stats, lesser Mundus effects, less Armor, et al.

Trading existing weapon traits for a reverse Impen would not be as much of a sacrifice and would only make the game spazzier/burstier imo.

It would be a % much like other traits like sharpened so reduce impen by say 10% nothing game breaking. My fault for lacking clarity.
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The problem I have is full impend with cp reduces crits to lower than base dmg it's to much lol . The meta will catch up in a few weeks and everyone will become noodles.

Only if the attacker has no or very little investment into critdmg. I have not been able to replicate crits being lower than normal hits on a target with 7 impen with "normal" cp allocation in critdmg.
    <Noricum>
    I live. I die. I live again.

Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
    Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50