The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Dual Weild Question

Thelevyeffect
This is probably a noob question but i'm missing something. Everyone keeps telling me you get a spell critical with dual wield on, and you don't have to put any skill points into it to get the bonus. My question is, how do you know it does that? i can't find on there where it says you get the bonus. Am I missing something simple?
  • lolo_01b16_ESO
    lolo_01b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    They are probably talking about spell damage, not spell crit. Melee weapons (2h and dual wield) grant higher weapon and spell damage than ranged weapons. Additionally equipping 2 swords instead of one staff will allow you to get an additional part of a gear set, so you get another buff. Furthermore there is a passive that increases all damage you do when you have 2 1h-swords or a 2h-sword equipped.
  • Thelevyeffect
    Sorry about that I forgot which buff. Is the passive called Dual Wield Expert? Thanks for the help lolo!
  • lolo_01b16_ESO
    lolo_01b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    "Twin Blade and Blunt" for dual wield, "Heavy weapons" for 2 handed.
  • Thelevyeffect
    Ok, I see how it works. Thanks for the info Lolo. I know it's probably stupid questions but it helps.