Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Without decent gear I just cant play.

RSTAR7824
RSTAR7824
I have two V16 they are both weak because I can't make/buy any armor or weapons for them, how can I possibly afford V16 crafting materials? I mostly play by myself although I will group with people when I can, I'm not the biggest fan of PVP (one reason is because of my crap gear that make's me feel weak). I have not found a good guild with loyal member's.

There is SO much in this game I enjoy, I just don't know what to do at this point.
Edited by RSTAR7824 on February 28, 2016 12:46AM

Best Answers

• Sunah
    Sunah
    ✭✭✭
    Get v15 stuff man, as long as you know your class and you can get your rotation down you wont be dragging the group down.
    Answer ✓
  • OmniDevil
    OmniDevil
    ✭✭✭✭
    RSTAR7824 wrote: »
    I have two V16 they are both weak because I can't make/buy any armor or weapons for them, how can I possibly afford V16 crafting materials? I mostly play by myself although I will group with people when I can, I'm not the biggest fan of PVP (one reason is because of my crap gear that make's me feel weak). I have not found a good guild with loyal member's.

There is SO much in this game I enjoy, I just don't know what to do at this point.

@RSTAR7824

I imagine finding a guild on PC is a bit easier than it is on console, however. My guild just finished funding the gold for purchased/donated mats to help craft full v16 gear to members that have a desire to participate in v16 Trials and other PvE content. Looking at it from your perspective and from people that have joined our guild, there seems to be a lot of disloyal players around. All the feels.

Use the advice others have, here, have given. Farm in Orsinium. A chance at dropped Ancient Orc chapter motifs can bring in lots of gold for you. If crafting isn't your thing, sell everything. If you are crafting, but lack the researched traits to craft the sets you need/want, deconstruct every piece of v15/16 gear you come across. Run Vet Dungeons; a chance at Endurance, Willpower and Agility items can also be used to sell for more gold. Complete writs on your crafters (assuming you have any) each day as the gold obtained started to add up and a chance at Blacksmithing, Clothing and Woodworking Survey writs can help you obtain the materials you need a lot more quickly.

Good luck to you!
    Rogue's Gallery (EP)(NA)(XB1)

Proud Member and Officer
    We’re recruiting for our ESO (Xbox One) Chapter
    ESO Application: Apply Here
    Homepage: http://www.roguesgalleryguild.com/
    TF Guild Page: http://tamrielfoundry.com/groups/rogues-gallery/
    Character List
    "Varyn Wryn" cp427 Nord Templar (Magicka DPS/Healer)
    "Maelis Artorius" cp427 Redguard Dragonknight (Stamina DPS)
    "Arius the Shade" cp427 Khajiit Nightblade (Stamina DPS)
    "Astalor Bloodsworn" Level 7 Altmer Sorcerer (Magicka DPS)
    Answer ✓
  • DannyLV702
    DannyLV702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Selling in guild stores is the way to go. I went from broke to a million in about two weeks, which was more than enough to hook me up with the materials I need to craft all my sets. I currently have 2 v16s, one is magic based and the other is stamina, and they both have their own gold set of gear. I am also a solo player, btw.

• jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I am still using VR14 stuff on my VR16. I did get some dropped jewelry but other than that i use my VR14 gear.
  • CeeDubz93
    CeeDubz93
    I'm also not really sure how to make money after my long break. Used to farm Nirncrux in Craglorn. As of now I'm just grinding and selling everything I get.
  • Elara_Northwind
    Elara_Northwind
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You can buy vet16 materials in IC with tv stones. Maybe just go and do the daily quests there for a couple of weeks and buy the materials with the stones... :smile:
    Edited by Elara_Northwind on February 28, 2016 3:20AM
    Sorcerer, Templar, Wolf Collector, Housing Addict!

GM of Salted Wings Tavern and Salted Wings Housing 🏠🌻

'A House is Built with Boards and Beams, a Home is Built with Love and Dreams'

Youtube - https://www.youtube.com/c/ElaraNorthwind
  • Fruitmass
    Fruitmass
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well, what I've been doing was max out the Metalworking, Tailoring, Woodworking and Hireling passives and collecting what mats they send. Running dungeons and deconing the gear I find. Also been running around Cyrodiil, harvesting any rubedite, ancestor silk and ruby ash nodes I can find and doing dolmens while I'm there for the gear drops to decon.
    Edited by Fruitmass on February 28, 2016 4:43AM
    Beware all ye who log on for here there be typos...
  • JasminaChillibeaner
    If you're on PC/EU I may be able to help you out a little. As for cash flow, raw materials and alchemy plants always sell well.
    PC/EU/EP
    Leader of Constellation
    PvE Templar Healer and Achievement Hunter
  • RSTAR7824
    RSTAR7824
    I really appreciate all the help and suggestions! It seems like you guys know where I'm coming from, like I said there's so much in this game I love I just wish there was more of a straight forward way to gear up. There's lots of helpful ideas online, but every single one includes a list of epic V16 gear that has to be crafted by someone who's researched 9 traits. And that's not even the most difficult part of crafting your gear, you have to get TONS of materials.

I know that getting all the gear you want takes time, I'm just finding it very difficult to continue when I feel weak and out of place constantly. Maybe subconsciously I'm looking for a simple, fast and easy answer when there isn't one.
  • FriedEggSandwich
    FriedEggSandwich
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Run around wrothgar for an hour or 2 every few days. I do this to grind cp but I end up with loads of mats (dlc required). Old Orsinium public dungeon is good for rubedo leather, wrothgar wilderness is good for ancestor silk, rubedite and ruby ash. The most expensive part of gearing up is getting your hands on 72 yellow tempers. To earn gold I speed quest on an alt and sell everything to npc vendors. This will net you 5-6k gold per full inventory, not as lucrative as a trade guild even slightly but comes with no targets or loyalty requirements.
    PC | EU
  • RSTAR7824
    RSTAR7824
    You guy's have made me feel SOOOO much better, you have no idea! @FriedEggSandwich I'm going to get in the habit of grinding in Orsinium (I just bought it), I have also noticed that leveling an alt can get you some quick gold. Plus once you hit vet ranks you can get some serious CP! @DannyLV702 I always loved selling stuff in a guild but every one I joined eventually "fizzled out", so I going to put a serious effort in finding a legit guild.
  • Docmandu
    Docmandu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Let's face it, the 10x on VR16 mats killed being able to experiment and REALLY s.cks big time, game was so much better before that change.

@Wrobel another thing we have to thank you for?
  • Duiwel
    Duiwel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OP I highly recommend not getting VR15 gear, use a good blue VR14 set ( 1 set of 5 piece, 1 set of 4 ) and buy cheap VR16 either Agility or Willpower jewellery ( the ones with the bad stats ) so you at least have that going for you.

Save the VR15 mats for VR16 it would be better to have 1 Legendary VR16 piece already done and dusted ( and take less time in the end ) than having wasted the mats for a whole piece. You won't use that VR15 gear ever again.

Just don't buy/ craft VR15 stuff ( you will waste the mats ) and kick yourself in the foot later.

Slow & steady wins the race :smile:

I would rather ask do you always have food buffs on ? ( you need to play with food buffs on 24-7)
    @Duiwel:
    Join ORDER OF SITHIS We're recruiting! PC EU

"Dear Brother. I do not spread rumours. I create them..."
  • Shader_Shibes
    Shader_Shibes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Docmandu wrote: »
    @Wrobel another thing we have to thank you for?

More than likely.

And @RSTAR7824

Imperial City Sewers are ok for making gold. With TV stones you can buy v16 water, Repora's or Crafting mats and sell. Also with the trophies gained you can get lucky and find some Willpower or Agility jewelry, or some expensive Xivkyn motifs.
  • Saint314Louis1985
    Saint314Louis1985
    ✭✭✭
    you can get enough tv stones soloing ic sewers to purchase enough mats to make a v15 set in around 5-6 hours (or faster if youre pretty good you can get about 1k+ tv stones in 30mins). upgrade everything to purple. then you have a solid gear set and can do what you want while gathering the mats for v16 gear at your own speed. while gathering your materials, try to get enough to make a v16 weapon first and upgrade it to gold asap. the damage increase is substantial. then you can use your new weapon while grinding the rest of the mats for armor.

i recommend grinding IC as much as possible but i know myself i need a break from that sometimes.
  • Johngo0036
    Johngo0036
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @RSTAR7824 - I feel your pain mate.. I have 5 VR16 chars and have only recently managed to gear them all with vr16 gear all pink coz i just dont have the resources to make them gold yet...

Do you have crafting maxed at all. First step is to max crafting for Clothing, Blacksmithing and woodwork....

Then you can go to wrothgar and farm materials...
    I spend days, months, years in wrothgar just farming materials and killing mobs,

Do the Daily delve and World bosses and you can get vr15 and 16 gear for both magicka and stamina blds that is OK....
    Briarheart/Trinimac/Phariah is not the best vr16 gear but it is better than what you have.

Decon what you dont want and get more vr16 materials..

It is tough for all of us but you have to unfortunately put in the grind to get the gear.

WROTHGAR is your friend in this and if you dont have the DLC, GET IT!!!
    PC EU Megaserver
    @Johngo0036
    CP900+
    Altmer Magicka Sorcerer |The-Irritable-Witch(DC)
    Orc Stamina Dragonknight | Gru-Bolar(DC)
    Dunmer Magicka Nightblade | Chewbucca(DC)
    Khajit Stamina Nightblade | Gleaming Daggers(DC)
    Altmer Magicka Nightblade | Miss Chewbucca(EP)
    Argonian Magicka Templar | Walks-With-Friends(EP)
    Argonian Templar Healer | Dr Toxic(EP)
    Orc Stamina Sorc | Lady Streaks-Alot(DC)
    Dunmer Magicka DK | Whips-n-Chains(DC)
    Nord Warden | Demi Tank(DC)
    Dunmer Magicka Warden | Crafter-O-Crafts(DC)
    Bosmer Stamplar | Forest-Plump(DC)
    Argonian Hybrid Nb | Men-O-Paws(DC)
    Bosmer Stamblade | 'Maui(AD)
    Altmer Magicka Sorcerer | Mid-Life-Crisis(AD)

• Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    RSTAR7824 wrote: »
    I really appreciate all the help and suggestions! It seems like you guys know where I'm coming from, like I said there's so much in this game I love I just wish there was more of a straight forward way to gear up. There's lots of helpful ideas online, but every single one includes a list of epic V16 gear that has to be crafted by someone who's researched 9 traits. And that's not even the most difficult part of crafting your gear, you have to get TONS of materials.

I know that getting all the gear you want takes time, I'm just finding it very difficult to continue when I feel weak and out of place constantly. Maybe subconsciously I'm looking for a simple, fast and easy answer when there isn't one.

Have your VR16's wear VR15 Armor and VR16 weapons.

As for the Elite Gear, the people that say you need this are running Vet Maelstrom, Trials for Competitive Times and a couple of Vet Group Dungeons for Speed Runs and that requires certain gear and builds. For the other 99% of the content, just about anything that makes your playstyle efficient (in that you have the resources you need to do the fight that you are in*) is all you need.

Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"