The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Does Dual Wield - Slaughter increase spell damage?

Smasherx74
Smasherx74
✭✭✭✭✭
Simple question, it says it increases damage not specifically weapon damage.
Master Debater
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nope, i says increases dmg of dual wield abilities.

The only passive that help magicka builds is twin blade and blunt and only if your using 2 swords...which you should be.
    PS4 EU DC

Current CP : 756+

I have every character level 50, both a magicka and stamina version.

RIP my effort to get 5x v16 characters...
  • Smasherx74
    Smasherx74
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The only passive that help magicka builds is twin blade and blunt and only if your using 2 swords...which you should be.

Does the daggers increase the actual crit %?
    Master Debater
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Smasherx74 wrote: »

Does the daggers increase the actual crit %?

Daggers increase weapon crit not spell crit.
    PS4 EU DC

• Emma_Overload
    Emma_Overload
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

That passive doesn't work on spell damage anymore, at least it's not supposed to. Any spell damage increase you get from DW comes from equipping the off-hand weapon, NOT the TB&B passive. The amount of spell damage you get from the off hand weapon is supposed to be 20% of the tooltip damage.

For example, if you equip two 1H weapons with 1300 tooltip damage each, you'll get 1300 + (1300 * 0.20) = 1560 spell damage, not taking into account any buffs, passives or other sources of spell damage. It doesn't matter if you equip swords or daggers or maces or axes... the extra damage will be the same.
    #CAREBEARMASTERRACE
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

That passive doesn't work on spell damage anymore, at least it's not supposed to. Any spell damage increase you get from DW comes from equipping the off-hand weapon, NOT the TB&B passive. The amount of spell damage you get from the off hand weapon is supposed to be 20% of the tooltip damage.

For example, if you equip two 1H weapons with 1300 tooltip damage each, you'll get 1300 + (1300 * 0.20) = 1560 spell damage, not taking into account any buffs, passives or other sources of spell damage. It doesn't matter if you equip swords or daggers or maces or axes... the extra damage will be the same.

It never gave you spell dmg, it gave you a flat % increase in damage, your tooltips would you up by 5%, not your spell dmg.
    PS4 EU DC

• Smasherx74
    Smasherx74
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It never gave you spell dmg, it gave you a flat % increase in damage, your tooltips would you up by 5%, not your spell dmg.

Does it still do that? You mean the abilities damage will go up more than what the char page spell damage says?
    Master Debater
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Does it still do that? You mean the abilities damage will go up more than what the char page spell damage says?

It's a flat 5% increase in dmg, not spell dmg, your actual dmg.

If your meteor hit for 10000 then you skill the twin blade and blunt with 2 swords it'll be 10500.
    PS4 EU DC

• Emma_Overload
    Emma_Overload
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

If your meteor hit for 10000 then you skill the twin blade and blunt with 2 swords it'll be 10500.

Yeah, but that's what I'm saying isn't supposed to work anymore. It was in the patch notes a while back... I'll try to find it later today. You shouldn't be seeing any difference in damage from spells whether you're using swords or daggers.
    #CAREBEARMASTERRACE
  • Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Yeah, but that's what I'm saying isn't supposed to work anymore. It was in the patch notes a while back... I'll try to find it later today. You shouldn't be seeing any difference in damage from spells whether you're using swords or daggers.

It does still work, 100%.
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And it's suppose to increase damage on spells
    Edited by Waffennacht on March 2, 2016 5:09PM
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • The_Tip
    The_Tip
    ✭✭✭
    my spell damage is 2647 with 2 Torugs Pact Swords, I drop down to 2103 without any swords equipped, alot more than the 126 Spell Damage Torugs Pact gives me, so one must assume the remaining 350 or so spell damage has something to do with my dual swords and the TW&B passives, the only passives Ive invest any skill points into for that tree line.
  • Gilliamtherogue
    Gilliamtherogue
    ✭✭✭✭✭

There was a bug where dual wield swords gave 5% weapon+spell damage back in Imperial City patch instead of 5% damage, it is now fixed and augments all damage by a flat 5%, regardless of how it scales. This is exactly how it was intended.
    Old member of The Order of Mundus, Mostly Harmless, Hostile, and Genesis Elite. Avid theorycrafter. Herald to competitive stamina DPS pre 1.5. How far we've come!

Have questions? Send me a message on the forums or my other social media. Seeing people learn is my dream and passion.

Guides and other fun videos at https://youtube.com/c/gilliamtherogue
  • Gilliamtherogue
    Gilliamtherogue
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A quick coverage of Dual Wield passives and what they do;

Slaughter- augments all damage dealt with dual wield attacks by 20% to targets under 25%, this only applies to skills in the tree, and light/heavy attacks.

Dual Wield Expert- increases the weapon damage of your off hand weapon by 6%, since a weapon's tooltip weapon damage gives both weapon AND spell damage, this increases spell damage by a small amount.

Controlled Fury- reduces cost of dual wield abilities by 20%, only applies to dual wield skills.

Ruffian- gain 15% damage against sunned, immobilized, disoriented, or silenced enemies. Only applies to dual wield skills or light/heavy attacks.

Twin Blade and Blunt; Swords- gives 2.5% damage per sword. Applies to ALL damage types, regardless of scaling
    Axes- gives each axe an 8% chance to proc bleeding on melee attacks. This can apply from magicka based melee attacks, but the bleed scales with weapon damage and stamina.
    Maces- gives 10% armor REDUCTION on targets per mace, applies to all attacks, but the damage dealt must use armor penetration as its penetrative source.
    Daggers- gives 5% weapon critical per dagger. Only applies to abilities that use weapon critical.

Hopefully this clears up any confusion. All of these passives with the exception of Controlled Fury offer some source of damage to caster builds, even if small. The main two are Dual Wield Expert and Twin Blade and Blunt, but Slaughter and Ruffian will increase weaving damage with your dual wield bar active.
    Edited by Gilliamtherogue on March 4, 2016 8:00AM
    Old member of The Order of Mundus, Mostly Harmless, Hostile, and Genesis Elite. Avid theorycrafter. Herald to competitive stamina DPS pre 1.5. How far we've come!

Have questions? Send me a message on the forums or my other social media. Seeing people learn is my dream and passion.

Guides and other fun videos at https://youtube.com/c/gilliamtherogue
  • The_Tip
    The_Tip
    ✭✭✭
    I just wish I knew why I lost 3.5x the amount of spell power on my tool tip when I unequip them and not just the 126.
  • THEDKEXPERIENCE
    THEDKEXPERIENCE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I switched from duel wield to destruction staff last week and my spell power went down. I'm on XBox.
  • esob16_ESO62
    esob16_ESO62
    Soul Shriven
    Dual Wield Expert: I just tried this on PTS. My cast do the same amount of damage as before puting 2 skill points into this.

Twin Blade and Blunt: equiped with swords this does increase spell damage
  • Bfish22090
    Bfish22090
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    twin blade and blunt increase DAMAGE by 6%