The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

I am so used to becoming a Templar. Any tips on how to get use to being a Nightblade. Thank You

Serjustin19
Serjustin19
✭✭✭✭✭
I I have always played as a Templar. I so use to it. However. I wanted to play a new character instead. I see what Night Bladescan do PVP. I get destroyed alot by them lol. I see them as worthy foes. It time to play as one to. Any tips for Nightblade and is this build good? So...

1. I not use to sneaking. Ever. :blush: Any tips?
2. Any good abilitys just for Stanima Nightblade?
3. I am planning to use a bow and dual wield.
4. For the dual wield. Should I use 1 dagger and 1 sword?
5. I planning to wear 6 medium and 1 heavy (hunding's rage and night silence?)
6. Should I put 10 in health. 1 in magicka and rest in stamina?
7. Will these work?
8. Any advice that from Nightblades. That be helpful. I be glad. Many thanks. :smiley:
9. I will only do PVP
10. I am A Kajiit to
Edited by Serjustin19 on February 26, 2016 4:45PM
Formerly Serjustin19, Save for Forum Of Course.... Fiery_Darkness (PC NA) currently.
  • vamp_emily
    vamp_emily
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    We are the total opposite, I am so used to playing my NB. Every now and then I will be on my Templar and think I am on my Nightblade and try to cloak away :)

If you want a friend, get a dog.
    AW Rank: Grand Warlord 1 ( level 49)

• leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hmm, your a kajiit so yes, it looks like you want to be a high crit build.

Use ambush/ Suprise attack, Weave your SA with light/medium/heavy using dual wield.

Shuffle for survivability, Vigor is going to be a must.

If your not using 2h then you'll need another source of major brutality, flying blade or wpn power/crit pots will work for you.

If you have the undaunted then yeah 6/1 or 5/1/1 would be good. Though 7/7 medium is best if you don't, some even like to just go 7/7 for the sustain.

Cloak is your best friend, resets fights, SA stuns when you come out of it.
    PS4 EU DC

Current CP : 756+

I have every character level 50, both a magicka and stamina version.

RIP my effort to get 5x v16 characters...
  • wayfarerx
    wayfarerx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Hmm, your a kajiit so yes, it looks like you want to be a high crit build.

Use ambush/ Suprise attack, Weave your SA with light/medium/heavy using dual wield.

Shuffle for survivability, Vigor is going to be a must.

If your not using 2h then you'll need another source of major brutality, flying blade or wpn power/crit pots will work for you.

If you have the undaunted then yeah 6/1 or 5/1/1 would be good. Though 7/7 medium is best if you don't, some even like to just go 7/7 for the sustain.

Cloak is your best friend, resets fights, SA stuns when you come out of it.

Mostly agree with all of this, although I use double take for survivability & mobility as opposed to shuffle. I'd also recommend starting with 2h for access to rally and switching to dw once you unlock vigor.

Also: mass hysteria, best AOE cc in the game.
    @wayfarerx - PC / North America / Aldmeri Dominion
  • driosketch
    driosketch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Watch this video.
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/243599/how-a-nightblade-thinks-watch/p1

Two biggest tips: Stealth, pratice your timing with cloak to make the most of each cast, and have the night silence bonus on your defensive bar.

Mobility, you should always be moving in battle. Walk through every player trying to hit you with with WB or jabs. Practice rock jumping and use of line of sight. Learn to bunny hop, jumping down hill slopes while timing hitting the jump key to keep your momentum boost.
    Edited by driosketch on February 26, 2016 5:59PM
    Main: Drio Azul ~ DC, Redguard, Healer/Magicka Templar ~ NA-PC
    ●The Psijic Order●The Sidekick Order●Great House Hlaalu●Bal-Busters●
  • Tannakaobi
    Tannakaobi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    vamp_emily wrote: »
    We are the total opposite, I am so used to playing my NB. Every now and then I will be on my Templar and think I am on my Nightblade and try to cloak away :)

Lol! Me too, usually casting an AOE on a guard... doh!
  • Espionage-
    Espionage-
    ✭✭✭
    Same boat as me, I love my Templar, love getting the different achievements and healing people in general, but when I'm 1v1 in PvP. It sucks. Usually it's NBs so I'm making a NB at the weekend to learn it.
    PS4 | DC |
  • davey1107
    davey1107
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Have two NBs, my main is a v16 stam build. You're off to a good start. My input:

1. Sneaking: not hard to get used to. Use Night Silence to start and put the 5th trait on your bow so you can speed sneak when needed. Maybe invest a little in the legerdemain skill that reduces sneak cost. And while concealed weapon is inferior damage on a stam build, Night silence + conc weapon + retreat maneuver = sneak at horse running speeds! Also, to get ready for pvp, use sneak and cloak to practice perma sneak w stam regeneration. When your stam gets low, stand up and cloak for a while. You will stay in sneak and rebuild stam while draining magic. This is a good technique for getting waaaay far away while sneaking when in trouble.

2. My attack bar relies heavily on Assassin skills. They're great, and with 4-5 slotted I get my crit up in the 70s NP. Evil/cameo hunter can also be a good slot for a big crit boost. Work toward Vigor because you're GONNA NEED A HEAL. should be way faster to get w update 9. Also, work bow, dual and 2h up to 50...you'll likely use all three depend on content.

3. Oh, I just answere this, lol. Why add 2h? Stamblades don't have many heals. The 2h's forward momentum is invaluable in some content. 2h can make a great retreat or offense bar for a NB. In pvp I love my bow, but never in open combat. When PVPing I switch between bow and 2h for my retract bar depending on what's going on.

4. For dual you'll want to use two of the same type of blade. You get bonuses, listed in the passives. Daggers increase crit, swords increase overall damage.

5. 6/1 or 5/2 works well. Avoid hands and belt for your heavies...less armor with no benefit. Hund plus night silence is great. I have a set up w 4 NS on the body and 3 hund. My dual wield weapons are hunding, so my offense bar gets the damage boost. My bow is NS so my retreat bar gets sneak speed. Some players like Night Mother due to the massive crit boost. I'm working toward briar heart w 1 piece jewelry to get 5th hunding and 5th briar trait simultaneously. Damn you, ring! Where are my arm cops??

6. Don't stress about attribute points. Ten health, rest stam should work well. Use champion points to hone. You'll use a lot of magic due to the cloak.

Khajiit make awesome stam NBs, obviously. I have a magic Templar. These are very different play styles, but they're both great and I really like tackling the same content with my different builds.