The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Campaign

TheUrbanWizard
TheUrbanWizard
✭✭✭✭
So after getting back in to ESO and getting to lvl 42 I thought I'd dabble in something I've put off doing for a while: joining the war in PVP. What puts me off is the options in the campaign menu. Could someone explain to me in very basic terms what is meant by set campaign as home or guest? What is the difference? What are the differences between the different campaigns i.e I think one said 7 days and another said 30 or something else? Any guidance is very much appreciated.
Edit: Is there a KDR?
Edited by TheUrbanWizard on February 22, 2016 10:43PM

Best Answers

• xerasia
    xerasia
    ✭✭✭
    A home campaign is where you'll spend the majority of your time and your name will be ranked on the leaderboards. For instance, if your guild homes Scourge but your friends that you group with occasionally home Azura's Star, you may want to set AS as your guest so that you can run with them from time to time.

The leaderboards are reset at 7 days if it's a 7 day campaign, and 30 days if it's a 30 day campaign. Also note that some campaigns are scored by keeps, some by resources, and these points go toward the Alliance, not necessarily the player.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong!
    Xerasia - Bosmer Magicka Templar | NA EP
    Galasha - Orc Stamina Dragonknight | NA EP
    Haileigha - Altmer Magicka Sorcerer | NA EP
    Zaxaria - lvl 21 Argonian I don't even know what to do with this one Nightblade | NA EP
    Answer ✓
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the reply. So as a level 42 with no PVP exp on this game what would you recommend I start with in terms of a home campaign?

Blackwaterblade, which is a non vet pvp campaign, only people lvl 49 and under can join it.
    PS4 EU DC

Current CP : 756+

I have every character level 50, both a magicka and stamina version.

RIP my effort to get 5x v16 characters...
    Answer ✓
  • xerasia
    xerasia
    ✭✭✭
    Bwb isn't as innocent as it seems though, just be wary! Lots of very skilled players with lots of champion points create low level alts to come take advantage of new players. I understand that this will be fixed by having campaigns where CP don't apply in an upcoming patch...

Just don't want your spirit to get broken if you go there expecting a level playing field :)
    Xerasia - Bosmer Magicka Templar | NA EP
    Galasha - Orc Stamina Dragonknight | NA EP
    Haileigha - Altmer Magicka Sorcerer | NA EP
    Zaxaria - lvl 21 Argonian I don't even know what to do with this one Nightblade | NA EP
    Answer ✓
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    xerasia wrote: »
    Bwb isn't as innocent as it seems though, just be wary! Lots of very skilled players with lots of champion points create low level alts to come take advantage of new players. I understand that this will be fixed by having campaigns where CP don't apply in an upcoming patch...

Just don't want your spirit to get broken if you go there expecting a level playing field :)

Yeah I expect a bit of a whooping at the start as this is my first foray here, but I'm confident I've got a decent build going on so adapt and survive I guess! Thanks for the help guys, hope to see you in Tamriel at some point, Stendarr guide you!

A pvp build and a pve build are entirely different things ^^, you will likely stuggle but go and look at a few pvp builds, make sure there IC/orsinium builds, prefer Orsinium builds, Kingrichard is a very good mag sorc, check his build out if you need too.
    PS4 EU DC

Current CP : 756+

I have every character level 50, both a magicka and stamina version.

RIP my effort to get 5x v16 characters...
    Answer ✓
  • TheUrbanWizard
    TheUrbanWizard
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the reply. So as a level 42 with no PVP exp on this game what would you recommend I start with in terms of a home campaign?
  • TheUrbanWizard
    TheUrbanWizard
    ✭✭✭✭
    Wow thanks for the quick replies guys seems to be a helpful forum going on here
  • TheUrbanWizard
    TheUrbanWizard
    ✭✭✭✭
    xerasia wrote: »

Yeah I expect a bit of a whooping at the start as this is my first foray here, but I'm confident I've got a decent build going on so adapt and survive I guess! Thanks for the help guys, hope to see you in Tamriel at some point, Stendarr guide you!