The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

10k razor caltrops

Manotilo4
Manotilo4
✭✭
I was dueling against a stamina dk tank on ps4 yesterday and hit him for a 10k caltrops. Does anyone know why this happened?(no camo hunter)
  • lolo_01b16_ESO
    lolo_01b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    10k per second or 10k total in the death recap? If it was in the death recap, it's normal since it sums up all damage you take from damage over time effects.
  • Manotilo4
    Manotilo4
    ✭✭
  • Manotilo4
    Manotilo4
    ✭✭
    It was shown as 10k in the recap but while I was fighting it looked like he got all the damage instantly.
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Manotilo4 wrote: »
    It was shown as 10k in the recap but while I was fighting it looked like he got all the damage instantly.

It would of been added, you likely hit him with something else,
    PS4 EU DC

Current CP : 756+

I have every character level 50, both a magicka and stamina version.

RIP my effort to get 5x v16 characters...
  • Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    it was damage added over the course of the entire battle from Caltrops, not how much damage it did instantly. Caltrops is not the only ability that does this, others do it as well.
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

i see alot of dragon nights who cast caltrops doing more damage then other classes that throw caltrops.
    Edited by Gilvoth on February 25, 2016 12:04AM
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

i see alot of dragon nights who cast caltrops doing more damage then other classes that throw caltrops.

Caltraps isn't a class specific skill, doesn't matter what class you go, you'll do more dmg the more dmg your actual character has, if anything a stam sorc has a wpn dmg buff in passives, a templar also does, just on passives alone they should do better.

Even nb's have more crit chance + crit dmg so therefore should do better.

Stam Dk's would have the lowest potential dmg with if based of their passives.
    PS4 EU DC

Current CP : 756+

I have every character level 50, both a magicka and stamina version.

RIP my effort to get 5x v16 characters...
  • Docmandu
    Docmandu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Death recap gives the total damage, not individual hits.

Anyway once Thieves Guild comes out, people will think twice using caltrops, since it procs the heal debuff on Fasalla's Guile, meaning they would be permanently heal debuffed.
  • Shinova
    Shinova
    since thieves guild has combat text on ps4, i see my caltrops hitting for 10k against vet 16 adds. The most i've ever seen was 11k.
  • acw37162
    acw37162
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm guessing 100 thamaturge 67 mighty, stacked weapon damage or max stamina.

I'm running 32 K stamina on my stamplar with 4400 weapon damage buffed on PS4 and the last two days the highest single hit off of one proc was 2.2 K crit.