The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Returning to ESO - Class/Build Questions

redskins08ub17_ESO
Sup everyone. I played ESO at launch on PC, then after a while quit. Picked it up on PS4 when it came out to play with my brother-in-law, got a magic sorc to level 47 and quit. I've missed playing mmorpgs over the last 6 months, so I've decided to come back.

With that said, I need help and advice on some good builds that will allow me to be effective in solo PvP. Running in group/zerg is great, but I want to be able to hold my own when that isn't an option. I don't care about starting a new character from scratch either. I've played all the class types and like them all, so please spare me the "Play what class is fun for you." type responses.

I'm looking for legit help and guidance as I've been away for half a year and there have been so many changes. I'm actually going to have to re-learn the game and need to get caught up on what to do to get where I need to be to be viable in PvP.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.
  • redskins08ub17_ESO
    Also, what do the numbers look like for each of the alliances on PS4? I don't want to be in one that never has any numbers or legit chance of succeeding in Cryodiil, but don't need to be in the biggest one either.

• Solariken
    Solariken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Are you going back to PC or PS4?

Magisorc, stam Dk, and both flavors of Nightblade are all really solid options for solo and 1vX play. Other classes/builds are fun too but will be many times more difficult.

I main a stamplar and have loads of fun, but 1vX is incredibly difficult in open world. I know you said you dont want this response, but rather than picking one of the easy-mode options above, go with the class/build that has a playstyle that feels best to you. You will ultimately have more fun than just picking an OP FOTM build.
    Edited by Solariken on February 22, 2016 2:24PM
  • Cillion3117
    Cillion3117
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I play DC on PS4 and it has a good population. Not too sure about the other 2.
  • redskins08ub17_ESO
    Solariken wrote: »
    Are you going back to PC or PS4?

Magisorc, stam Dk, and both flavors of Nightblade are all really solid options for solo and 1vX play. Other classes/builds are fun too but will be many times more difficult.

I main a stamplar and have loads of fun, but 1vX is incredibly difficult in open world. I know you said you dont want this response, but rather than picking one of the easy-mode options above, go with the class/build that has a playstyle that feels best to you. You will ultimately have more fun than just picking an OP FOTM build.

Going back to PS4. I typically play mainly sorcs in all the mmorpgs I've played. Like I said, I've tested out and played all the classes, all are fine with me. Knowing this game is notorious for nerfs and FOTM classes, I don't want to waste what little time I have playing a broken or hopeless class.

I'm fine playing my Sorc, just didn't want him to have no chance. With work and a 7 year old daughter, time is limited :)
  • redskins08ub17_ESO
    So, if I keep playing my sorc, what build is the best for solo/group PvP and do I need to devote all my attribute points into magicka? Skill rotation. Resto/Desto or any other combo?
  • redskins08ub17_ESO
    Bump, really need help guys/gals.
  • Duiwel
    Duiwel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stamina NB if your plan is to PvP and do well
    DK ( magicka DK will be fun come the new patch )

You already have a sorc so go figuire.

Keep clear of Templar unless you want to be a healer and not really kill that much.

Given what I have said above, do you want to be tanky and use dragon wings and buffs to stay strong while doing insane dps or do you want to be invisible attack get massive crits and just crit your enemy to death then cloak and run off and attack the next guy?

ANSWERS FOR SORC QUESTIONS:
    Yes all Attribute points into magicka
    Sets:
    Julianos x5 ( head, chest, gloves, legs, boots )
    Then either Torug's Pact on the rest ( weapons also ) for hp or Kagrenac's Hope (weapons also ) for a bit more dps.
    you will have ( shoulders, belt, weapon )
    When you are high enough level x3 willpower jewellery.
    Weapons - destro staff & Resto staff is a good combo, I would also recommend getting 2 1h swords and putting spell power enchantments on them ( if you plan on using overload ). note your skill bar on that one will have to be non destro / resto staff skills I recommend wards,streak and such for tankyness while dishing out too much dps with overload.

Sometimes I use destro - destro build which also works nicely

Crushing Shock & crystal frags are good for single target dps ( I love my Crystal frags, always have always will, there's a reason ZOS allows you to use it as a starting skill ( to see how awesome it is ). Pulsar your mobs 1st so that you lower their hp then liquid lightning on the ground for AoE.

Mundus stone: depends what you are lacking - lacking magicka recovery - go Atronach, lacking dps - mage or apprentice but I prefer Mage > Apprentice.

Gear enchantments : Magicka, magicka, magicka.

Some notable skills with good morphs:
      Crystal Shard – Crystal Fragment Mage’s Fury – Endless Fury - have a look @ your passives here and then use this on low hp mobs for executioner. Daedric Curse – Velocious Curse Unstable Familiar – Unstable Clannfear Summoned Winged Twilight – Restoring Twilight Lightning Form – Boundless Strom Lightning Splash – Liquid Lightning Surge – Critical Surge Conjured Ward – Hardened Ward Bound Armour – Bound Aegis ULTIMATES: In order of usefulness Meteor – Ice comet does more dmg initiall but ice dmg < fire dmg so I would say take Star Burst Energy Overload Greater Storm Atronach Absorption Field

Destruction staff - use those skills to get Pulsar, other than that just have fun and make it your own so learn what works for you.

Final Pro tip:
    USE WARDS! Always have Harness Magicka before Hardened Ward, Aegis is meh you don't need it.

PvP a lot!! get detonation! ( you will tank me later )

@Duiwel:
    Join ORDER OF SITHIS We're recruiting! PC EU

"Dear Brother. I do not spread rumours. I create them..."