The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Average spell power for DPS templar PVP build?

Eshelmen
Eshelmen
✭✭✭✭✭
As a Magicka Templar(DPS) at VR 16
here are my specs

with food buffs:
34k Magicka
21k health
1200 magicka recovery
2600 spell damage
Crit 28%
190 cp... all on thaum, magicka recovery, and bastion

Do you recommend I work on improving my spell damage, recovery, crit, max magicka or all of them?
I've finally got the last piece for my phoenix set spell damage bonus....
should I improve them all to gold or find a better set? I'm using arch mage and Phoenix sets.

I feel like my damage is adequate at best

Where do I want to be at damage wise?

Also, is my crit too low?
Edited by Eshelmen on February 21, 2016 7:09PM
PC and PS4 EP only player
  • CatchMeTrolling
    CatchMeTrolling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    To be honest that recovery might be too low but depends on the player. You don't need to try to stack damage as a Templar either, that's fine have to remember Templars are played a bit differently so stacking damage can actually hurt you.

You could try to get your max magicka up for a little extra damage.
  • andy_s
    andy_s
    ✭✭✭✭
    You should put at least 30 points into The Apprentice to get 12% crit (Blessed & Elfborn). It will improve your damage and heals.

If you don't have magicka issues, then go with these sets. But personally I'd pick Kagrenac's Hope and increase mag recovery to at least 1500.

And farm more cp of course :p
    World's First Cloudrest Hardmode + Speed Run + No Death w/ HODOR
    Tick-Tock Tormentor & All vHoF Achievements done w/ Chimaira
    World's First Sanctum Ophidia Difficult Mode (patch 1.5)
    World#2 vMoL All Achievements w/ Aquila Raiders
  • Skinzz
    Skinzz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My magicka build had 3150 spell damage, 35% crit and 2002 recovery but with over 450 cp. I think u should focus a bit more on the recovery and a tad bit more on health.
    Anybody got a group? LFG, anybody? Hello?
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pretty sure there better cp options than bastion when your that low cp.
    PS4 EU DC

Current CP : 756+

I have every character level 50, both a magicka and stamina version.

RIP my effort to get 5x v16 characters...
  • Ashamray
    Ashamray
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    First of all you should learn2jabs correctly coz if you miss, your spelldamage doesn't matter.
    Also there are many situation when you are forced to be healbot, so 1200 rec is too low.
    I have 1800 + rune (480) + Honor the Dead (440) and sometimes even my mana level becomes dangerously low.
    Boadrig, EU PC

Very Balanced
    Battleground Beta Testers
    Cite's Legacy
    Colosseum

Imperial City frequenter
    Imperial City feedback and suggestions
  • Eshelmen
    Eshelmen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pretty sure there better cp options than bastion when your that low cp.

Yeah I figured that. Shields are terrible without raising bastion though.
  • Eshelmen
    Eshelmen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ashamray wrote: »
    First of all you should learn2jabs correctly coz if you miss, your spelldamage doesn't matter.
    Also there are many situation when you are forced to be healbot, so 1200 rec is too low.
    I have 1800 + rune (480) + Honor the Dead (440) and sometimes even my mana level becomes dangerously low.

That's true. Plenty of times I'm losing fights solely because of my magicka being depleted.

I do use rune...more so than not, so that's what like 10% more recovery? So I'm still under the 1500 recovery bracket.

Should I work around and add some vampire skills?
    Edited by Eshelmen on February 22, 2016 12:52PM
  • Eshelmen
    Eshelmen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    andy.s wrote: »
    You should put at least 30 points into The Apprentice to get 12% crit (Blessed & Elfborn). It will improve your damage and heals.

If you don't have magicka issues, then go with these sets. But personally I'd pick Kagrenac's Hope and increase mag recovery to at least 1500.

And farm more cp of course :p

I will work on that. Thanks.
  • Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Seriously, the CP on bastion are completely wasted. Quick recovery, Hardy and resistant. Stack that crit resist. Also, get 30 in apprentice for additional crit.

Forget phoenix... Trash. Kagernacs would be better. That with arch mage if you're using staves. 3 piece willpower.

What race are you? You're missing something in your stats..
    Edited by Brrrofski on February 22, 2016 12:58PM
  • Eshelmen
    Eshelmen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Brrrofski wrote: »
    Seriously, the CP on bastion are completely wasted. Quick recovery, Hardy and resistant. Stack that crit resist. Also, get 30 in apprentice for additional crit.

Forget phoenix... Trash. Kagernacs would be better. That with arch mage if you're using staves. 3 piece willpower.

What race are you? You're missing something in your stats..

Breton duel wield and resto

Also I'm missing out on extra stuff by having willpower accessories AND both duel wield and resto are too.

I should get turag here no?
    Edited by Eshelmen on February 22, 2016 1:39PM
  • Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Could go torug's.

Or drop arch mage and go magnus if you're dual wielding. I go have 5 julianos, 4 magnus, 3 willpower. I don't know my stats off too my head though. They're somewhere around 35k magica, 24k health, 2700 spell power, 2k regen, 37% crit.
    Edited by Brrrofski on February 22, 2016 1:48PM
  • Eshelmen
    Eshelmen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    edit just saw what you put
    Edited by Eshelmen on February 22, 2016 1:51PM
  • phillyboy7897
    phillyboy7897
    ✭✭✭✭
    39k magicka
    2600 spelldamage
    22% crit
    This is hitting ppl hard for me. Not amazing but plenty insta drops

About 14 magicka is worth 1 unbuffed spelldamage so these are interchangeable

U need cp most 12% crit 100 thaumaturge. Buy psijic and do bloodfiends, then ull hit hard sorry 4 the grind u could suck it up till non cp campaign tho
  • Eshelmen
    Eshelmen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    39k magicka
    2600 spelldamage
    22% crit
    This is hitting ppl hard for me. Not amazing but plenty insta drops

About 14 magicka is worth 1 unbuffed spelldamage so these are interchangeable

U need cp most 12% crit 100 thaumaturge. Buy psijic and do bloodfiends, then ull hit hard sorry 4 the grind u could suck it up till non cp campaign tho

Appreciate the feedback. I don't mind the grind at all. I just don't like grinding for the wrong things. lol

You guys have helped me a lot.

Since this thread. I've raised my crit to 42% by placing 30 cp to get me extra. I'm in the process of completely changing up my gear sets as well.

A guildy of mine is hitting around 3150 Spell damage with heavy armor AND he's maxed on physical resistance. I may go his route. I am extremely squishy. lol
  • Hulk_VI
    Hulk_VI
    ✭✭
    Aim for 2600 spell and 2k recovery