The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Best build for PvP Magicka Templar

LindsC
LindsC
✭✭✭
Dies anyone know where to find a good build?, I want to be able to do some damage. Preferably with healing. I've been looking all over for a good build but, most of the builds have vampire skills and I don't want to be a vampire

Best Answer

• Johngo0036
    Johngo0036
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I run a build similar to @SneaK ,

I dont have kena bur run 2pce bloodspawn,

I also run 5 pce heavy
    All 54 into magicka and 10 into health,(will change this to 64 into magicka)
    PC EU Megaserver
    @Johngo0036
    CP900+
    Altmer Magicka Sorcerer |The-Irritable-Witch(DC)
    Orc Stamina Dragonknight | Gru-Bolar(DC)
    Dunmer Magicka Nightblade | Chewbucca(DC)
    Khajit Stamina Nightblade | Gleaming Daggers(DC)
    Altmer Magicka Nightblade | Miss Chewbucca(EP)
    Argonian Magicka Templar | Walks-With-Friends(EP)
    Argonian Templar Healer | Dr Toxic(EP)
    Orc Stamina Sorc | Lady Streaks-Alot(DC)
    Dunmer Magicka DK | Whips-n-Chains(DC)
    Nord Warden | Demi Tank(DC)
    Dunmer Magicka Warden | Crafter-O-Crafts(DC)
    Bosmer Stamplar | Forest-Plump(DC)
    Argonian Hybrid Nb | Men-O-Paws(DC)
    Bosmer Stamblade | 'Maui(AD)
    Altmer Magicka Sorcerer | Mid-Life-Crisis(AD)

Answer ✓
  • SneaK
    SneaK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've been having a lot of success with my Templar lately. I put him on hold for quite awhile but I've been back on the Temp hype train as of late. I recently dropped Vampire too, which has actually helped a lot.

Running DW and Sword/Board

DW - Torug's Pact
    Toppling Charge
    Puncturing Sweep
    Radiant Oppression
    Repentance
    Dark Flare
    DawnBreaker

Sword/Board - Willow's Path
    Structured Entropy
    Proximity Detonation
    Breath of Life
    Harness Magicka (Sometimes Channeled Focus)
    Purifying Ritual
    Ice Comet (Sometimes Barrier or the Heal)

I run 5 pc Kagrenac's Hope, 1 pc Kena, 1 pc Bloodspawn, 3 pc Willpower.

"IMO"
    Aldmeri Dominion
    Bosmer Nightblade AR 32 - Altmer Templar AR 26 - Dunmer Dragonknight AR 18 - Altmer Sorcerer AR 20 - Khajiit Dragonknight AR 18
    (+3 not worth mentioning, yet)
  • DHale
    DHale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Run Benzy boys (you tube) most recent build. It is highly unusual but I tried it and will never switch back also he had very little cp compared to mine at cp cap and he wrecks everything probably one of the best ESO players ever but that said at first I laughed at the build but having run it I have been super impressed. It's kind of a hybrid build magic and stam very tanky eight Inpen. I am not one of the last to go down in my group I am always the last to go down. All in light armor. I am high elf he is Breton so I put a little in spell resist and also cost reduction to offset racial passives and placed my points in the same way he did. He has 2 videos on it so it's an adventure to watch it. I have a vr 16 tempkar sorc and nb and had not run my Templar in awhile I brought her out as we needed a healer and being a Templar that was me. I tanked about 8 players at a resource and took the resource and killed all 8 by my self. My guild mates werev wtf. I was like wtf. Btw it's not a healer build but Bol helps three of us...errrrr 2 of us.
    Sorcerna, proud beta sorc. RIP April 2014 to May 31 2016 DArk Brotherhood. Out of retirement for negates and encases. Sorcerna will be going back into retirement to be my main crafter Fall 2018. Because an 8 k shield is f ing useless. Died because of baddies on the forum. Too much qq too little pew pew. 16 AD 2 DC. 0 EP cause they bad, CP 2300 plus 18 level 50 toons. NA, PC, Grey Host#SORCLIVESMATTER actually they don’t or they wouldn’t keep getting nerfed constantly.
  • Elijah_Crow
    Elijah_Crow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DHale wrote: »
    Run Benzy boys (you tube) most recent build. It is highly unusual but I tried it and will never switch back also he had very little cp compared to mine at cp cap and he wrecks everything probably one of the best ESO players ever but that said at first I laughed at the build but having run it I have been super impressed. It's kind of a hybrid build magic and stam very tanky eight Inpen. I am not one of the last to go down in my group I am always the last to go down. All in light armor. I am high elf he is Breton so I put a little in spell resist and also cost reduction to offset racial passives and placed my points in the same way he did. He has 2 videos on it so it's an adventure to watch it. I have a vr 16 tempkar sorc and nb and had not run my Templar in awhile I brought her out as we needed a healer and being a Templar that was me. I tanked about 8 players at a resource and took the resource and killed all 8 by my self. My guild mates werev wtf. I was like wtf. Btw it's not a healer build but Bol helps three of us...errrrr 2 of us.

My wife isn't really happy with her templar heal/tank build currently. Been looking for something for her to try and this looks very interesting.
  • DHale
    DHale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DHale wrote: »

My wife isn't really happy with her templar heal/tank build currently. Been looking for something for her to try and this looks very interesting.

Please let me know what you think after watching the two videos. The build is actually complicated for the average build but man the success I have had on it has been head scratching. Btw he uses the build on the number one pvp video of 2015 lefty Lucy you tube video series. The only change is I use Bol rather than honor the dead which I would use but I run in groups.
    Sorcerna, proud beta sorc. RIP April 2014 to May 31 2016 DArk Brotherhood. Out of retirement for negates and encases. Sorcerna will be going back into retirement to be my main crafter Fall 2018. Because an 8 k shield is f ing useless. Died because of baddies on the forum. Too much qq too little pew pew. 16 AD 2 DC. 0 EP cause they bad, CP 2300 plus 18 level 50 toons. NA, PC, Grey Host#SORCLIVESMATTER actually they don’t or they wouldn’t keep getting nerfed constantly.
  • Haquor
    Haquor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i have success with mine. as follows:

-5x kragen, 1x kena, 3x willpower, 2/3 by torugs pact
    -5 light 1m 1h (would go 5l 2h but lazy crafting)
    -Nirn weapons, Divines armor with 2 piece impen (inc shield)
    -Atronach mundus for regen
    -purple trifood
    -34 in magicka 30 in stam
    -running about 26k health, 31k magicka, 18k stam

Bar 1 (sword shield):
    -puncturing sweeps
    -Proxy det (can replace with a shield)
    -defensive stance
    -Blazing Spear
    -breath of life
    -devouring swarm

Bar 2 (destro for heavy attacks and weaving):
    -dark flare
    -vampires bane
    -purifying ritual
    -channeled focus
    -stuctured entropy (can replace with a shield)
    -Ice commet

Pop ritual and rune focus and fight within (its your house), dot with bane and ranged with flare.

use defensive stance to prevent reflected flare

if people on you...proxy, spear, sweeps sweeps sweeps sweeps sweeps spear proxy etc.

keep channeled focus and purifying up. defensive stance as req.

spear.. entropy.. ice commet.. defensive stance (to prevent commet reflect) to finish.

yes.. no gap closer. happy to fight from range but also enjoy melee. can switch spear to backbar and drop flare or bane to allow toppling or invasion on frontbar for more melee type playstyle using sword shield moreso.
    Edited by Haquor on February 21, 2016 12:03PM