Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Improving Items (or not)

TheUrbanWizard
TheUrbanWizard
✭✭✭✭
When trying to improve my armor from normal to fine, i am only successful when I apply 100% chance of it happening. I have tried 60 and 80% chance many, many times and it fails EVERY time, so no coincidence and I'm not that unlucky! Is this a known issue? I noticed this a couple of weeks ago after a bit of a break from Tamriel. XBOXONE BTW

Best Answer

• Metamon
    Metamon
    ✭✭✭
    If it were possible to have 99% chance, I'd still push to 100%
    Margin of error is WAY out of proportion
    Answer ✓
  • lolo_01b16_ESO
    lolo_01b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    On PC you can be successfull with less than 100%. I managed to improve a v16 sword with just 50% chance from normal to fine.
  • TheUrbanWizard
    TheUrbanWizard
    ✭✭✭✭
    Metamon wrote: »
    If it were possible to have 99% chance, I'd still push to 100%
    Margin of error is WAY out of proportion
    On PC you can be successfull with less than 100%. I managed to improve a v16 sword with just 50% chance from normal to fine.

I remember the early levels when 60% chance worked near enough all the time. Maybe I'm missing something that changes as you level up (40 atm). I'm not even gonna bother improving stuff now (good job its not essential at my stage). Prob no stones left anyway hehe