The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Stam Morph of Blazing Shield?

wharf
wharf
✭✭✭
I play a stamplar...and for the most part Im a pvper. Does anyone else think a buffed up stam morph would be a good idea? Say the stam morph is a 33% health shield ( so if your health is 21k you get a 7k blazing shield), this would help stamplars actually have a little defensive survivability. Giving templars a defensive buff would help them be more in line with dks in respect to defense since they lack the mobility of a sorc or nb. Anyway just a thought I had that was worth mentioning...
  • DjKahun
    DjKahun
    ✭✭✭
    wharf wrote: »
    I play a stamplar...and for the most part Im a pvper. Does anyone else think a buffed up stam morph would be a good idea? Say the stam morph is a 33% health shield ( so if your health is 21k you get a 7k blazing shield), this would help stamplars actually have a little defensive survivability. Giving templars a defensive buff would help them be more in line with dks in respect to defense since they lack the mobility of a sorc or nb. Anyway just a thought I had that was worth mentioning...

I would definitely agree with you on this if this did ever happen I would have a reason to go back to my Stamplar, but with the upcoming thieves guild update it will destroy stamina classes :P so i'm sticking to my sorcerer for now but once they make stamplar a little bit more powerful with something they can at least survive with or at least be able to get away such as nb cloak or sorc streak then i will have a reason to play on my stamplar
    ~ Snowborn ~ Ebonheart Loyals ~
    V16 - Stamina Templar - Nord [PS4-EU][Ebonheart Pact]
    V16 - Magicka Sorcerer - Dark Elf [PS4-EU][Ebonheart Pact]
  • DjKahun
    DjKahun
    ✭✭✭
    Woops was meant to edit, I do like having 4k+ weapon damage but it's useless againt a zerg if you can't survive
    Edited by DjKahun on February 16, 2016 11:45AM
  • russhenderson85b14_ESO
    russhenderson85b14_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    Isn't that basically just Bone Shield?
  • billywink3b14_ESO
    Isn't that basically just Bone Shield?

That only mitigates physical damage though right?
  • wharf
    wharf
    ✭✭✭
    yeah bone shield is just physical damage.
  • russhenderson85b14_ESO
    russhenderson85b14_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    oh good point
  • DjKahun
    DjKahun
    ✭✭✭
    Yup thats the only thing that held me back from using bone shield
  • SemiD4rkness
    SemiD4rkness
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The shield is pretty decent in pve, add the aoe skill from 2h with the damage shield morph and you get 20k ez shields. The skill is only bad in pvp.
    Edited by SemiD4rkness on February 17, 2016 10:03AM
  • DjKahun
    DjKahun
    ✭✭✭
    The shield is pretty decent in pve, add the aoe skill from 2h with the damage shield morph and you get 20k ez shields. The skill is only bad in pvp.

True, shields are a lot stronger in PVE but a lot of players here including myself don't do much pve mostly pve :/
  • eliisra
    eliisra
    ✭✭✭✭✭

That's only a 3.5k shield in PvP after Battle Spirit Reduction :cold_sweat:

Would you waste a skill slot on something that only absorbs 3.5k dmg and lasts 6 seconds? You get more survivability out of slotting something like Shuffle.

Doesn't really matter if one Sun Shield morph costs stamina or magicka at this point. It's still only a 15% max health shield in PvP and there's no health oriented builds in current meta.

They need to buff up Sun Shield period. Unless they dont want templars to use it in PvP. Maybe that's the case? But making one morph costs stamina is definitely not a bad idea, IF the skill was worth using :smile:
  • SemiD4rkness
    SemiD4rkness
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DjKahun wrote: »

True, shields are a lot stronger in PVE but a lot of players here including myself don't do much pve mostly pve :/

Well I never ever ever ever do pve, so I don't really care about blazing shield because it's horrible in pvp, 3k shield is a joke :p
  • SemiD4rkness
    SemiD4rkness
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    eliisra wrote: »

That's only a 3.5k shield in PvP after Battle Spirit Reduction :cold_sweat:

Would you waste a skill slot on something that only absorbs 3.5k dmg and lasts 6 seconds? You get more survivability out of slotting something like Shuffle.

Doesn't really matter if one Sun Shield morph costs stamina or magicka at this point. It's still only a 15% max health shield in PvP and there's no health oriented builds in current meta.

They need to buff up Sun Shield period. Unless they dont want templars to use it in PvP. Maybe that's the case? But making one morph costs stamina is definitely not a bad idea, IF the skill was worth using :smile:

Actually 4k shield, remember you get 5k health in cyrodiil ehich means stromger shield, although it's still crap :D
  • DjKahun
    DjKahun
    ✭✭✭
    DjKahun wrote: »

Well I never ever ever ever do pve, so I don't really care about blazing shield because it's horrible in pvp, 3k shield is a joke :p

Agreed, I did try blazing shield on my old build and I have to say it is definitely a joke! Firstly it lasts 6 seconds and secondly its weak lol I'm better off without it just spamming vigor
  • TheM0rganism
    TheM0rganism
    ✭✭✭
    As a stamplar, I would love for it to stay magika, as it's the only mag-dump i have until they fix toppling charge.

What it needs is a AOE stun when it deals damage for both morphs.
    PS4 DC Stamina Templar Tank/DPS...because I ALWAYS play on hard mode
    #2233 - Never Forget
  • ryanborror
    ryanborror
    ✭✭✭
    If they make blazing shield a Stam ability you'll hate it as much as magic Templars do
    dooderrr
    templars, nightblades
    PC/XB1 NA
  • Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    a stamina based damage shield that would be worth using in PvP? ZOS has shown they will not do such a thing. ZOS could have done so with blade cloak, but instead made into into something only worth a movement speed buff that every class can get from a source besides blade cloak.
    Edited by Cody on February 19, 2016 3:43AM
  • Kupoking
    Kupoking
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stamina needs more defensive/healing options outside of rally+vigor regen.

One cab argue can honor the dead, dragon blood,igneous shield are good options but yet they are magika based.