Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

What am i doing wrong?

aaron_campion
aaron_campion
✭✭✭
I struggle with end game content. Im VR8 sorcerer and i cant do a veteran dungeon. Ive tried a number of times but cant do it. I have max mag 26k max health 13k mag rec 1877 health rec 495 Spell damge 1590 wep dam 1438 help me
  • wayfarerx
    wayfarerx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    What gear and skills are you using? Both your magicka and spell damage seem low but I can't remember if that's decent at v8 or not.

Also, are you using food buffs?
    Edited by wayfarerx on February 18, 2016 7:22PM
    @wayfarerx - PC / North America / Aldmeri Dominion
  • Shunravi
    Shunravi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Your hp may be a bit low. What is it with a food buff? And what sets do you use?
    This one has an eloquent and well thought out response to tha... Ooh sweetroll!
  • aaron_campion
    aaron_campion
    ✭✭✭
    Im using food for health recovery and magic recovery. Magnus 5 piece seducer 3 piece
  • Shunravi
    Shunravi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Fully enchanted? And hp regen is underpowered....
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    google som better build, respec you CP, it helps a lot!
  • wayfarerx
    wayfarerx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Im using food for health recovery and magic recovery. Magnus 5 piece seducer 3 piece

Well for PvE food tends to be more useful than drinks since you can regen between encounters. Get some blue health/magicka food and your spells will hit harder and you will have more survivability.

Also look at sets that give spell crit & damage (i.e. julianos / willpower), you really don't need all that sustain in PvE.
    Edited by wayfarerx on February 18, 2016 7:29PM
    @wayfarerx - PC / North America / Aldmeri Dominion
  • Shunravi
    Shunravi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    wayfarerx wrote: »

Well for PvE food tends to be more useful than drinks since you can regen between encounters. Get some blue health/magicka food and your spells will hit harder and you will have more survivability.

Also look at sets that give spell crit & damage (i.e. julianos / willpower), you really don't need all that sustain in PvE.

^
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Most of the things that are going to help you are VR16 (or close to it). Although I think you can get Will power jewlery at any level, most people are not farming it at VR8.

In the mean time, go 5 Piece Julianos, Torugs or Magnus in as many pieces as you have left. Soulshine is something else to look for, as you can start finding that at VR8 (shop the guild stores, it's cheap at VR8/9)and it comes in Jewelry. Syrbane is another good dropped set, although it's VR5 only (VR12 too, but your not there yet). Another set coming up is Martial Knowledge but I forgot what level it starts dropping at.

How are your champ points distributed? You want as many as possible in Elemental and Thaumaturge (although Elemental after TG drops) and then in the constellations that drop spell cost and boost spell resistance.

Swap out the glyphs on your jewlery for either spell cost reduction or Spell power glyphs. I am on the fence about max damage vs not running out of resources so you might experiment with those.

Get the Mundus stone that increases spell damage.
    Edited by Nestor on February 18, 2016 7:43PM
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• myrrrorb14_ESO
    myrrrorb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks like you built for sustain / high regeneration. This would be decent for healing, but if going dps you need to think a little different.

Your max stats should be fine once you add blue food. Hardened ward is your friend keep it up, it is amazing. Your shield is why you can easily survive things that will one shot other players.

I like Julianos 5pc. At vet 8, I wouldn't spend the money for the willpower set. Do it at vr16 though. You can add whatever you need (seducer for regen, etc) for leveling up.

Max out your Overload for boss fights. I think @Thelon has some very nice builds, so search that. But basically just light attack with overload and buff up.
  • Dagoth_Rac
    Dagoth_Rac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Health recovery is borderline worthless and you have more than enough regen and cost reduction from Magnus and Seducer. Switch to VR5 blue food that increases magicka and health. That will be the absolute biggest single boost you can get to both survivability and damage dealing. Switching to more damage-centric gear than the regen gear you are wearing will help, too.

But not necessarily for someone who is just learning the ropes. With blue food alone, you should have enough stats to beat the first 6 or 7 veteran dungeons. Vet City of Ash will be trickier, while Vet Imperial Prison and Vet White Gold Tower will likely be out of reach.

Just use the blue food, get the hang of earlier dungeons like Spindleclutch and Banished Cells and Wayrest Sewers. Once you get comfortable doing those, especially doing them without running out of magicka, you can start to move from Magnus and Seducer to Julianos and Torug's and Willpower and Moleg Kena, etc. Jumping abruptly from an extremely high regen build to one with very low regen could be a bit shocking and just cause new types of frustrations. I would suggest gradually moving from high-sustain/low damage to high-damage/low-sustain, and blue food is the obvious first step.