Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Returning player, totaly lost. What should I be doing?

LeKhy
LeKhy
Soul Shriven
So! I have a VR3 templar, but i've not played for 19 months..

I've tried asking around in-game what I should be doing these days, but the times I do get an answer i barely understand what they're even talking about.

I see people posting LFG for daily gold/silver - What is this?

Is Craglorn dead?

Will the Thieves Guild DLC somehow make everything else redundant? I mean in a typical way when a mmo gets an expansion and raised lvl cap everything before it is worthless. Is this the case now as well? Should I just wait with playing until it releases? Can I ignore it and still be considered in "end-game"?
I've never had any interest the thieves guild and it's not a playstyle/story I am interested in, but it would suck if i were penalized for not getting it..

Can top tier crafting be done without some super-mega-ultra drop from dungeons/raids?

Could I get decent gold and gear from doing Maelstrom arena?

What about public dungeons? What drew me to ESO to begin with was the idea of exploring Aylied ruins with my mates, but we quickly learned that this was entirely and absolutely pointless. Has this changed? Is there now a zone with PD's good enough that a VR3+ char would benefit spending time there?

Thanks in advance ^^
  • Shardaxx
    Shardaxx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Daily silver/gold is referring to the Undaunted daily dungeons. If you pop along to the undaunted enclave (which is just south of the big tree eldenroot in grahtwood for AD, not sure of the location of the other factions just google it) there are 2 quest givers who send you into the group dungeons. Success gives a bronze/silver/gold key which unlocks a loot box. The dungeons change each day, and 1 is much harder than the other (veteran pledge is harder).

Not sure on Craglorn prob depends on your platform, everyone will want to play through it once I'd have thought.

Thief DLC - we're not sure what this will contain so have to wait and see.

Top tier crafting is hard because of the sheer number of materials (its over 800 to make a full set of armour) and the difficulty in obtaining enough gold improvement items, and the stones to make all the v16 glyphs. It's a bit of a mountain to climb, but its do-able, I'm pretty casual and about halfway there. Lots of players are maxed out with the best gear.
    PS4 - Europe - Shardaxx - Wood Elf Nightblade - Aldmeri Dominion
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LeKhy wrote: »
    So! I have a VR3 templar, but i've not played for 19 months..

Remember to check your Mundus stone as an update in the past reset those.

We also have the Champ System, so put points into that as you get them.

Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• LeKhy
    LeKhy
    Soul Shriven
    Thanks for the answers so far!

I guess I will be a proper slacking casual on my impending return, I am already busy chasing the gear/stat race in Rift..

Let's assume I started over with a new char (I hate how my current toon looks.. potato-face and changing it can't be done!).
    I guess I would just lazy my way through crafting purples and such, even be silly enough to use sword and shield for solo play.. just because I can.

^ would that be viable at all? I just get the impression that ESO allows a more casual style and still offer a worthwile experience than most other mmos and that'd be my motive for comming back..

(Do people even pay for purple items?)
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LeKhy wrote: »
    ^ would that be viable at all? I just get the impression that ESO allows a more casual style and still offer a worthwile experience than most other mmos and that'd be my motive for comming back..

(Do people even pay for purple items?)

Nice thing about the game is you can pretty much make any build work for PvE content outside of Trials and certain Vet Dungeons (but all Vet Dungeons are still a challenge, some are just really hard).

People do buy Purple items, but I am not sure I would make something Purple on speculation, only on an order.

Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Pheefs
    Pheefs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Changing your appearance is coming later this year.

The new dlc maps from orsinium & after are scaling resource maps, you will find the level you need for that character...
    so if you never upped the skill, you will only find the low level resources there.
    this works well if you make most of what you use, instead of having one Master Crafter alt.

Public Dungeons are fun to get the achievements & Dungeon Runs for pledges are too!
    overall there are a lot of options for the trouble you can go get into with a group.

The Champion Points your V-level characters earn everyone gets, to spend them for themselves, again.

Have fun!
    Edited by Pheefs on February 8, 2016 2:15AM
    { Forums are Weird........................ Nerfy nerfing nerf nerfers, buff you b'netches!....................... Popcorn popcorn! }