Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Good idea for tank to have Reinforced trait in all 8 heavy armor pieces?

Sadishist
Sadishist
✭✭
Good idea for a tank to have Reinforced trait in all pieces of heavy armor & shield (shield, head, chest, shoulders, waist, hands, legs, and feet), or would it get hit by the armor cap?
Xbox One - NA
Sadishe - VR10 DragonKnight - DC
  • Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I usually run three reinforced, I get two divines (spell resistance mundus, the lover I think), two infused (magic enchantments on those bits) and impenetrable on my shield.

As soon as my two nirhoned bits have finished researching I'll be changing it up though :)
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What ever works for your playstyle is what you need to run.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• mklundub17_ESO
    mklundub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    PVE:
    Reinforced on your large pieces (head, chest, greaves) and shield to maximize the armor bonus you get for the trait.
    Reinforced or Divines on smaller pieces.
    OR Nirnhoned on any you can get.
    Impenetrable is useless for PVE.

PVP:
    Impenetrable and Reinforced.
    Nirnhoned for any pieces you have, even full Nirnhoned if you can.
    Mass Terror
    PS4 | NA | AD
    v16 Imperial Templar
  • Kupoking
    Kupoking
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shoulder and boots have the same armor value as helmet. Therefore they could use reinforced too.
  • SLy_Kyti
    SLy_Kyti
    ✭✭✭✭
    PVE:
    Reinforced on your large pieces (head, chest, greaves) and shield to maximize the armor bonus you get for the trait.
    Reinforced or Divines on smaller pieces.
    OR Nirnhoned on any you can get.
    Impenetrable is useless for PVE.

PVP:
    Impenetrable and Reinforced.
    Nirnhoned for any pieces you have, even full Nirnhoned if you can.

This above is good advice ^^
    Just FYI in next patch Impenetrable is going to be buffed and will again be more usable.

Quote here>>
    Increased the amount of Critical Resistance provided by the Impenetrable armor trait by 10 per item quality rank.

read here>> forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/2157532#Comment_2157532
    Master Crafter: Almost all motifs
    GM~ Blades of Old Tamriel NA/AD
    Member~ NZAD
    Member~ Blades of Vengeance NA/AD
    -Tamriel College -Amazing Deals of Nirn-
  • paulsimonps
    paulsimonps
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I'm gonna run Infused on all my pieces as tank and try and get 8 prismatic tri glyphs. Need that Max stam as a DK tank now.
  • Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Infused on 2 big pieces, reinforced on last big piece and 2 small Piece, divines on 2 pieces, infused on shield.

That's what I run.

Next time I make armor I should have at least 1 nirhoned (maybe two if I take longer to level than my research takes) to throw onto the mix :)
  • xoduspaladin
    xoduspaladin
    ✭✭✭
    Sorry for digging this back up, but I wanted to know is it is still Valid to pick Nirnhorned over reinforced if given the chance?
  • Phranq
    Phranq
    ✭✭✭
    It really depends on your class. . For a DK you don't really need reinforced because your armor buff should put you near cap.. I personally have been using infused on chest and pants and maybe shield, and divines on everything else
  • xoduspaladin
    xoduspaladin
    ✭✭✭
    I'm pretty much a healing Templar, putting two heavy on and the rest light armor. I figured that I should put the Nirnhorned trait on the two heavies at least for some survivability, but not sure if this is the best way to go about it.
  • paulsimonps
    paulsimonps
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    For PvE healers or DPS shouldn't have to worry about resistances at all. And for tanks. Unless you want to get to hardcap, which in my opinion is only necessary for a very few select build models, you shouldn't need to to use those either, better to use set bonuses and skills. Its really easy to get to hardcap, even without reinforced or nirnhoned. And that goes for all classes.