The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Who's Turn is it for Character Copy?

• Paulington
    Paulington
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Enodoc wrote: »
    Paulington wrote: »
    kungmoo wrote: »
    DschiPeunt wrote: »
    I still don't understand, why they cannot copy the chars from both servers at the same time. Anyone can explain?

for one, character names... there may be someone on EU with the same name as you... so would complicate things there
    And that's not easily fixed by just appending (US) or (EU) behind the name?
    Seriously, it's just a fr*gging test server.

This has been suggested multiple times and has yet to happen.

I don't think it would work. At least, it's not foolproof. Character names cannot include brackets or underscores. Character naming conventions state that you can have at most four(?) delimiters within a character name. If they were to append " EU" (or prepend "EU ") this may break the naming conventions for certain characters by introducing a fifth delimiter.

This is only an issue if there is a technical reason for the naming conventions. I can't see how appending "-EU" would cause any issues outside of total name length.

No doubt there is a reason why it hasn't happened, I just don't think it's ever been mentioned.
  • Tankqull
    Tankqull
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    edit: has been suggested allready
    Edited by Tankqull on January 28, 2016 11:09PM
    spelling and grammar errors are free to be abused

Sallington wrote: »
    Anything useful that players are wanting added into the game all fall under the category of "Yer ruinin my 'mersion!"

• Casdha
    Casdha
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Paulington wrote: »
    kungmoo wrote: »
    DschiPeunt wrote: »
    I still don't understand, why they cannot copy the chars from both servers at the same time. Anyone can explain?

for one, character names... there may be someone on EU with the same name as you... so would complicate things there
    And that's not easily fixed by just appending (US) or (EU) behind the name?
    Seriously, it's just a fr*gging test server.

This has been suggested multiple times and has yet to happen.

Yep, one of them, at least something similar can be found Here. That thread was done back in October and has one comment and one very good question regarding Guild collisions. It also garnered very little interest in implementing it.
    Proud member of the Psijic Order - The first wave - The 0.016%