The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Blacksmith Tempers

Soleya
Soleya
✭✭✭✭✭
The past few weeks, I have gotten nearly 0 tempers from my blacksmith (all skills spent, max level, etc). I haven't seen a Temporing Alloy in months.

On the other hand, my clothier/woodworker is getting Rosin, Dreaugh Wax constantly. And get tempers from every 20-3 mats refined. I've gotten 0 from 100's of blacksmithing mats.

I noticed that the price of Temporing Alloy has skyrocketed, is the RNG being bad to me, or has some value of the drop rate been decreased on blacksmith mats?
  • Maphusail
    Maphusail
    ✭✭✭
    Same thing.
  • Zyle
    Zyle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've noticed a disparity between blacksmith & clothier/woodworker hirelings as well. I'd say for every 1 tempering alloy I get around 5-6 wax & 2-3 rosins. Refining seems to be about even however.

676 CP
    Zyle - LVL50 Stamina Nightblade - Former Emp AS - VMA Clear (Flawless)
    Joven - LVL50 Hybrid Templar
    Adion - LVL50 Stamina DK
    Radac - LVL50 Magicka Sorcerer
    Vanikath - LVL50 Magicka DK
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tempering Alloys are much rarer from Hirelings than Druegh Wax and Rosin (?) is.

I do seem to get them at a decent rate from refining. In fact, I got 3 last week from refining 30 Iron Ores.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• myrrrorb14_ESO
    myrrrorb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »
    Tempering Alloys are much rarer from Hirelings than Druegh Wax and Rosin (?) is.

I do seem to get them at a decent rate from refining. In fact, I got 3 last week from refining 30 Iron Ores.

So that's where my alloys went!

RNG has been bad to me lately on refining. Got 1 after refining 400. Writs and hirelings have been performing about the same.

Which is a shame, since I'm looking to try out a new set of armor soon.
  • Carterboy254
    Carterboy254
    ✭✭
    HEY GUYS
    I seem to have better luck when I'm trying to get rare items such as alloys, rosin, perfect roe, nirncrux etc....by doing things in the morning when traffic is not high. for example I skin my fish in the morning to knock out the system lag and rng competition. I know this sounds a lot of craziness but you don't have to believe me it may not be 100 percent right but I notice I get my best items in the morning when their isn't alot of traffic.

I save all my stuff I need to refine, deconstruct, filiet, survey hunting till early in the mornings around 4 am central time. (I Live in Texas), try it for a few days and let me know if this works for you. If So check out my twitch and follow me on twitch and twitter
    Gt on Xbox One: OhMyItsSlim www.twitter.com/OhMyItsSlim www.twitch.tv/OhMyItsSlim

Hello My fellow Gaming brothers && sisters I host gameplay of all kind of games such as ESo, Battlefront, Rainbow 6 siege, 2k, COD, and many more While streaming I offer gameplay hints and tips on anything your heart desire such as combos, money making tips, fast grinds etc. I will answer all questions and absolutely love all my viewers. All I ask is that you come watch me stream from time to time and tell your friends to come watch and follow my Twitch and twitter.

• OmniDevil
    OmniDevil
    ✭✭✭✭
    HEY GUYS
    I seem to have better luck when I'm trying to get rare items such as alloys, rosin, perfect roe, nirncrux etc....by doing things in the morning when traffic is not high. for example I skin my fish in the morning to knock out the system lag and rng competition. I know this sounds a lot of craziness but you don't have to believe me it may not be 100 percent right but I notice I get my best items in the morning when their isn't alot of traffic.

I save all my stuff I need to refine, deconstruct, filiet, survey hunting till early in the mornings around 4 am central time. (I Live in Texas), try it for a few days and let me know if this works for you. If So check out my twitch and follow me on twitch and twitter

I see where you're going with this, but I'm not buying it. I refined 200 ore last week and got 6 tempers, 400 ore this week and got zero. All done at varying times of day and night.

It's simply RNG and, like others have found, it's really bad. But hey, whatever helps you feel like you're accomplishing something.
    Rogue's Gallery (EP)(NA)(XB1)

Proud Member and Officer
    We’re recruiting for our ESO (Xbox One) Chapter
    ESO Application: Apply Here
    Homepage: http://www.roguesgalleryguild.com/
    TF Guild Page: http://tamrielfoundry.com/groups/rogues-gallery/
    Character List
    "Varyn Wryn" cp427 Nord Templar (Magicka DPS/Healer)
    "Maelis Artorius" cp427 Redguard Dragonknight (Stamina DPS)
    "Arius the Shade" cp427 Khajiit Nightblade (Stamina DPS)
    "Astalor Bloodsworn" Level 7 Altmer Sorcerer (Magicka DPS)
  • PhatGrimReaper
    PhatGrimReaper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    #crownstorealloys2016
    Fat Grim Reaper - (m)Dragon Knight AR28
    F G R Junior - Templar AR26
    This One Had Name Changed - Nightblade AR19
    Fat Grim Streaker - Sorcerer AR15
    M12-GM - Guardians of the Twelve-GM - Crown Store Heroes - ETU
    RÀGE - R.I.P
  • Mac10murda
    Mac10murda
    ✭✭✭
    I refined 1600 leather scraps and only got 8 legendary things
  • eso-pedro
    eso-pedro
    ✭✭
    Don't forget to collect and refine like your life depends on it, this is sometimes overlooked
    XBOX ONE - EU
    Guild: The Red Dragon Legion
    Come join us - Guildmaster GT: Robo1314 or Pedro i888
    At CP Cap
    Mag DK - Mag NB - Mag Temp Heal - Stam DK - Stam Sorc
  • Jimboo84
    Jimboo84
    ✭✭✭
    The past few weeks, I have gotten nearly 0 tempers from my blacksmith (all skills spent, max level, etc). I haven't seen a Temporing Alloy in months.

On the other hand, my clothier/woodworker is getting Rosin, Dreaugh Wax constantly. And get tempers from every 20-3 mats refined. I've gotten 0 from 100's of blacksmithing mats.

I noticed that the price of Temporing Alloy has skyrocketed, is the RNG being bad to me, or has some value of the drop rate been decreased on blacksmith mats?

Drop rate is been decreased, for every crafting skill. I'm complaining about those for Woodworking, Clothing & Enchanting.
    Crafting Writs give sometimes yellow pieces. Whereas in the past you could loot them more by refine raw material.
    Edited by Jimboo84 on January 30, 2016 12:54AM
    Jimerio / Magicka Sorcerer / PvP & PvE / Master Crafter(Woodworking, Blacksmithing, Alchemy, Provisioning, Enchanting, Clothing) / DD & Heal / CP560+ / Aldmeri Dominion / PC / EU