Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Trait sets. What is the best one ?

Reedx
Reedx
✭✭✭
from 2 traits to 9 witch are the very best one out there ?
Maker of Drama & Lover of Roleplay
  • D0ntevenL1ft
    D0ntevenL1ft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    for what..
  • Reedx
    Reedx
    ✭✭✭
    for what ? what i ask about is witch sets out there is the best to use to a battle, may it PvE or PvP i dont care, just the set to be known as the most used by a vet player
  • Tarukmockto
    Tarukmockto
    ✭✭✭
    Different sets with different boosts for different effects make it almost impossible to recommend a single set as an all around best. Are you Magica? Stamina? PVE? PVP? It all makes a difference as to which set is best for a given situation.
    NA - DC - DK - PC
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What role do you play? A tank needs different gear than a healer. Do you want sustain or damage if your DPS? What class are you? Leveling or End Game?

OK, now that you see why we can't recommend a set without some information. Here is how you choose a set for your build. Take your character and remove any armor, weapons and jewelry. Look at your raw character stats and see what needs to be buffed for the build that you have or the way you play. Then, find a set that fills in those stats. Look for both the 5 and 3/4 piece bonuses as that is how much you can craft. 7 Armors, 1 or 2 weapons/shield so you get 8 or 9 pieces to work with. Take into consideration any jewelry you do have or can get, some of which can offer their own bonuses as well. Remember you can change the Enchants on Jewelry so you can customize that aspect too.
    Edited by Nestor on January 27, 2016 2:19AM
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• kylewwefan
    kylewwefan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Traits vary by purpose. When your leveling a character training or exploration is handy. If you want to tank, reinforced is good. Magic users and DPS like divines. The ones that enhance enchantments are good if you plan on enchanting your gear.

Traits are not sets. You can choose any it won't matter.

If your talking set pieces, many DPS go with hundings rage and something else. magic based like Magnus, julianos, kagnarec , something mother. Tanks use song of lame, armor master, bulwark
  • Reedx
    Reedx
    ✭✭✭
    Ah Thx guys i understand now ^^

sorry for being so simple xD, but yeah i am healer/tank and magia and stammina build, and end-game and

And want to sustain and do damage ^^
  • Resipsa131
    Resipsa131
    ✭✭✭
    Assuming you are a Templar Tank in Heavy Armor probably the master armor set.
  • myrrrorb14_ESO
    myrrrorb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Resipsa131 wrote: »
    Assuming you are a Templar Tank in Heavy Armor probably the master armor set.

Going to be trying out armor master / Lamae set for tanking. Should be interesting, although Twice Born might be more useful for me. Would love to have light of Cyrodiil + AM

Problem is too many variables. At least for me, lol. Crafting sets at vr14 might be enough to try out combinations without having to spend all those resources on mats.
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Skyper wrote: »
    i am healer/tank and magia and stammina build, and end-game and

And want to sustain and do damage ^^

You job as a healer or a tank or a heal/tank is not to do damage, any damage you do is gravy. While soling and leveling, to a certain extent you need to do all three, but in group content you can't be all three roles at once. Endgame you will probably need two sets of gear; one for soloing that reinforces your damage, one for trials/group dungeons that boosts health and survivability as a tank.

Second, you say you are a magicka and stamina build. Currently, hybrid builds are at a big disadvantage. If you choose to run a hybrid build, you will be gimping yourself. That's no problem for solo play and roleplaying, but for improved performance overall pick magicka OR stamina as your main attribute. You can always respec and try the other side for variety.
  • wayfarerx
    wayfarerx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    NBrookus wrote: »
    Second, you say you are a magicka and stamina build. Currently, hybrid builds are at a big disadvantage. If you choose to run a hybrid build, you will be gimping yourself. That's no problem for solo play and roleplaying, but for improved performance overall pick magicka OR stamina as your main attribute. You can always respec and try the other side for variety.

This. While a hybrid build can work for tanking, this is probably one of the most complex builds to get right at endgame. You'll have to build your stats / gear / enchantments / etc just right so that you can tank effectively and still switch to a competent DPS load-out on fights where a tank is not particularly useful.

If you're a somewhat inexperienced player you'll likely have much more luck building around a single resource to start. Once you have a good idea of the various sets that are available and how to set up your skills you can start experimenting with a hybrid build.
    @wayfarerx - PC / North America / Aldmeri Dominion
  • Reedx
    Reedx
    ✭✭✭
    Thx alot guys, this helped alot = )

So quess i need two stes then : P
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thx alot guys, this helped alot = )

So quess i need two stes then : P

Probably not yet. What level are you?

I ran around in my stam DK heavy tank gear and S&B until V16, and while some of the content took me forever to compelte, there wasn't much I couldn't do solo. If you've got the time & funds to invest in multiple sets, go for it. But it's not a must-have until the higher level vet content.
  • eventide03b14a_ESO
    eventide03b14a_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    from 2 traits to 9 witch are the very best one out there ?

Histbark for sure.
    :trollin: