The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Newbie Crafter Looking for Info

munkt0r
munkt0r
✭✭✭
This question is specifically about crafted sets.

Currently i'm 30 in blacksmithing and have gotten up to 3 traits on most pieces I craft. This has allowed me to do some of the lower level sets, but i'm having fun and understanding how to become a more capable crafter. One day i'll make some of those fancy 8-trait sets, but one thing does confuse me a bit.

I see people discussing # of pieces they're wearing and I might be slightly confused.

As far as I understand 6 pieces can be worn:

Head
Chest
Arms
Legs
Waist
Feet

And one piece for each hand:

Main hand
Off hand

This allows for 8 slots.

As all sets require at least 2 pieces for initial bonus, i'm guessing commonly people go 4 / 2 / 2 or 5 / 3

Can jewelry be part of sets? 11 slots would allow for some more diverse combinations, but I can't seem to find any info on it. Likely that means such is not possible, but I figured i'd ask you guys here on the board.

Thanks in advance for any information.
  • Lirkin
    Lirkin
    ✭✭✭✭
    The sets have a benefit from wearing multiples if you read them It takes at least two of a set to get any extra benefits.

Check out the crafting sets to see what they each offer.
  • munkt0r
    munkt0r
    ✭✭✭
    c00lmon wrote: »
    The sets have a benefit from wearing multiples if you read them It takes at least two of a set to get any extra benefits.

Check out the crafting sets to see what they each offer.

Thank you for responding, but I don't feel like you read my post at all...
  • wayfarerx
    wayfarerx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    munkt0r wrote: »
    As far as I understand 6 pieces can be worn:

Head
    Chest
    Arms
    Legs
    Waist
    Feet

... and shoulder. So there are 7 armor slots.
    munkt0r wrote: »
    Can jewelry be part of sets?

Yes, 3 slots (neck and 2 rings), however we cannot craft jewelry so most people mix in a dropped set with whatever crafted sets they use.
    @wayfarerx - PC / North America / Aldmeri Dominion
  • Furrelito
    Furrelito
    I know there's armor sets where jewelry is a part of it as well but there's not a lot (from what I'm aware of, think it'll be more common in the future tho). These sets are not craftable since you can't craft your own jewelry so you have to obtain them. Myself I'm wearing a 3 piece jewelry set combined with two craftable sets as armor.

There's 7 pieces btw, you forgot about arm cops/epaulets ;)
    M'aiq and Cadwell baes are forever
  • SpAEkus
    SpAEkus
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes, jewelry can be a "set" in itself even.

Any dropped set that contains neck and rings can serve as a 3 piece set, Neck +2 ring, all by itself.

Here's one of the best sites for looking at all sets, dropped and crafted. Pictures and stats on almost all items.

http://elderscrollsonline.wiki.fextralife.com/Sets
    Edited by SpAEkus on January 26, 2016 6:05PM
  • munkt0r
    munkt0r
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the info.

Can't believe I missed pauldrons/shoulders lol. Like I said, newb crafter =)