Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Hireling Loot Question

Kammakazi
Kammakazi
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
Another one of those questions from me!

Okay so what would be the most effective way in getting gold material from Hirelings?

Are they
  • Based off the Hireling passive? (1/3, 3/3)
  • Based off how many points you have into the proficiency passive? (1/10, 5/10, 10/10)
  • Based off your current crafting level
  • or a combination of both?

I've been trying to get 3/3 Hirelings on all my characters but I haven't yet because their crafting is not 50. But I'm not sure if I only need 3/3 (Level 32 Crafting) to get the maximum chance of getting gold material.
  1. Scenario 1) Level 32 Crafting, 3/3 Hireling, No points put into Proficiency (1/10)
  2. Scenario 2) Level 32 Crafting, 3/3 Hireling, Maximum points into Proficiency (7/10)
  3. Scenario 2) Level 50 Crafting, 3/3 Hireling, No points put into Proficiency (1/10)
  4. Scenario 4) Level 50 Crafting, 3/3 Hireling, Maximum points into Proficiency (10/10)
Edited by Kammakazi on January 26, 2016 2:53PM
  • Septimus_Magna
    Septimus_Magna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The chance to get gold mats is very small, even with all passives unlocked.

Its better to refine raw mats or complete crafting writs for gold mats.
    PC - EU (AD)
    Septimus Mezar - Altmer Sorcerer
    Septimus Rulanir - Orsimer Templar
    Septimus Desmoru - Khajiit Necromancer
    Septimus Iroh - Dunmer Dragon Knight
    Septimus Thragar - Dunmer Nightblade
    Septimus Jah'zar - Khajiit Nightblade
    Septimus Nerox - Redguard Warden
    Septimus Ozurk - Orsimer Sorcerer
  • SpAEkus
    SpAEkus
    ✭✭✭✭
    As far as my results since BETA and from all the combined knowledge of others.

Material level passive for hirelings only determines what level of base material they return, and only for BS-WW-Cloth, and Potency Rune. There is no Character Level effect or Craft Skill Level effect on hireling returns that I have ever seen.

My hirelings range from Character Level 9 to VR10 and all follow the patterns above. You can FORCE a hireling to deliver whatever level of base material you desire simply by setting the material passive, regardless of their Character Level or Craft Skill Level.

And remember for Potency Runes there are 4 runes per passive level (2 additive, 2 subtractive) until Major and then 2 runes per passive (1 Add, 1 Sub) for Greater and above.

All other material returns are strictly RNG driven.

Note: There have always been thoughts that extraction passives may give better RNG results for Hireling BS-WW-Cloth and Enchanting Gold boosters. But I have not seen recent evidence that the points spent deliver enough larger return since about Patch 1.6, that they can't be skipped unless you don't need those points for other skills/passives.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For Equipment Hirelings, it is their Level that determines the chance to get Golds. I have gotten golds from my L2's, but more so from my L3's, even ones that are attached to characters who have no other points into Eq Crafting.

The only exception to this is Enchanting, you have to be L3 in Hireling and Extraction to get a chance to get Kuta's

Provisioning has no issues, you get Purple mats and Fragments at any level, just more of a chance at higher levels for the Fragments in Writ Rewards.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SpAEkus wrote: »
    Note: There have always been thoughts that extraction passives may give better RNG results for Enchanting Gold boosters.

It could have been RNG, but I did notice an increase in Kuta's on Hirelings that have Extraction maxed out recently. It may or may not matter, but I am getting Kuta's at a nice rate and I am not going to upset the apple cart with that.

I will say the best way to get good results from Hirelings is to have a lot of them. While it is an uncommon day that I don't get a Gold Temper or Kuta, I also have 3 to 6 Hirelings in each profession that offers them. If I had to rely on one characters Hirelings, I would probably be frustrated by the whole process.

Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Reedx
    Reedx
    ✭✭✭
    i Might be wrong but

along you have 3/3 on hirlings you will get the best mats =)
    Maker of Drama & Lover of Roleplay
  • SpAEkus
    SpAEkus
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »
    SpAEkus wrote: »
    Note: There have always been thoughts that extraction passives may give better RNG results for Enchanting Gold boosters.

It could have been RNG, but I did notice an increase in Kuta's on Hirelings that have Extraction maxed out recently. It may or may not matter, but I am getting Kuta's at a nice rate and I am not going to upset the apple cart with that.

I will say the best way to get good results from Hirelings is to have a lot of them. While it is an uncommon day that I don't get a Gold Temper or Kuta, I also have 3 to 6 Hirelings in each profession that offers them. If I had to rely on one characters Hirelings, I would probably be frustrated by the whole process.

Yes if you have the extra points to spend might as well hope for better returns, whether we'll ever know if ZOS actually has that coded in or not.
    Edited by SpAEkus on January 26, 2016 3:51PM