The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Group finder - What am I doing wrong?

Slappah
Slappah
✭✭✭
I was in queue in the group finder for..oh Idk..6+ hours, got off to eat dinner, hopped back on for another 4 hours, in queue

Nothing.

I went an entire day in a queue without ever finding a group.

I'm level 20, all I want to do is finish the first dungeon for the other two alliances once for the quest..but I go an entire day without finding a group.

Seriously, what's the deal here? Is there some option that will make this not absolutely broken or is the group finder seriously just this bad?

I'm loving the game but it's really disheartening when I can't even do the other alliance dungeons.
  • Shadowolfs
    I recommend you level few more levels and queue for the daily dungeon pledge.
  • Mojmir
    Mojmir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've never used the group finder,ask in chat or join a guild. Quicker results by far.if your on console sorry about your luck
  • Slappah
    Slappah
    ✭✭✭
    Shadowolfs wrote: »
    I recommend you level few more levels and queue for the daily dungeon pledge.

A few more levels?..don't those unlock at 45? I'm only 20
  • nordsavage
    nordsavage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What you are doing wrong with the group finder is using it in the first place. If you want to get in a run make friends and join guilds. Most avoid the pug finder due to bad match ups by getting paired bad and inexperienced players. It is arguably only good for fudging battle scale with players you already know and run with when they bust out their lesser or newer alts. The devs will keep improving upon it and it may be great later on but for now it is inferior to even LFG in zone chat.
    Edited by nordsavage on January 24, 2016 3:31AM
    I didn't choose tank life, tank life chose me.
  • sickboy2808
    sickboy2808
    ✭✭✭
    Its junk so my advice would be dont use it although it is getting improved next dlc
    ZOS takes cheating very Lightly. You have been warned, and any cheaters found out will get the Least punishment possible...
  • Hookgrin
    Hookgrin
    ✭✭✭
    I use the group finder all the time, it works.

The biggest problem with the group finder is players like those above talking trash about it, even saying in chat that it is completely broke... while I am successfully using it, people who don't know what they are talking about, which discourages others from using it. As a result, hardly anyone uses it so it takes a long time to find enough people for a group.

Does it have issues? Yes, several, but it does work, most of the time.

Does it sometimes take a long time? Yes, when not enough people are using it, or not enough of certain roles. Or possibly when a bug prevents it from working, so I'd restart those long searches, just in case. No different than the rest of the game.

• Slappah
    Slappah
    ✭✭✭
    Hookgrin wrote: »
    I use the group finder all the time, it works.

The biggest problem with the group finder is players like those above talking trash about it, even saying in chat that it is completely broke... while I am successfully using it, people who don't know what they are talking about, which discourages others from using it. As a result, hardly anyone uses it so it takes a long time to find enough people for a group.

Does it have issues? Yes, several, but it does work, most of the time.

Does it sometimes take a long time? Yes, when not enough people are using it, or not enough of certain roles. Or possibly when a bug prevents it from working, so I'd restart those long searches, just in case. No different than the rest of the game.

Idk man

This is my 3rd day of trying to find a group and I still haven't found one.

Three freakin' days with no success in even putting a group together.
  • Heindrich
    Heindrich
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I recommend that you avoid using it at such low levels.

It will scale you to VR16, but as a new player, you will lack decent gear and most of your important passives, you will be a liability to the team and many will kick you even if you find a group. They aren't necessarily being elitist jerks, it's just that your performance will be horrible at lv20 in a VR16 instance and the group probably won't be able to complete unless carried by elite players.

Instead make friends around your level and do the dungeons at your level. It'll be easier once you reach lv45 and can do the daily pledges, but I like to do group dungeons in 3 tiers. Spindle, Fungal and Banished at lv12-18, Wayrest, Elden and Darkshade) at lv22-30 etc... maybe it's cos these dungeons used to not scale... but I always feel that they were intended to be done like that :)

Anyway it's not hard to group up with other lowbies that wanna do those dungeons, if only for the skill points.
  • SirknightMMB
    SirknightMMB
    ✭✭
    Group Finder can take quite a long time for DPS sadly as the majority of people playing this game DPS mainly as it is the easiest way to quest ect.
  • sickboy2808
    sickboy2808
    ✭✭✭
    Im not talking trash. It is rubbish, it should be so much better considering this is a big MMO. And they took out Crag, DSA and Trials from it because they wont scale them up. Ive put many suggestions out there to improve it but so far they have been ignored.
    ZOS takes cheating very Lightly. You have been warned, and any cheaters found out will get the Least punishment possible...
  • Pistolera_ESO
    Pistolera_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Since the beginning I've had the same experience with group finder. The only time I actually found people was when my category was accidentally switched to tank.
    -Guildies-
    Tyrs Paladium
  • Slappah
    Slappah
    ✭✭✭
    Group Finder can take quite a long time for DPS sadly as the majority of people playing this game DPS mainly as it is the easiest way to quest ect.

There's a difference between "taking a long time" and "still not having found a single group after 30 hours"
  • sadownik
    sadownik
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Its simple really. Low lvl players after few tries feel discouraged from using it. High lvl players also prefer to get groups otherwise. So on less populated serwers you are back to square 1 - use lfg tool only for dungeons that are pledges on that day, otherwise your chance to find a group are practicly 0 - simple.
    Edited by sadownik on January 23, 2016 11:38PM
  • Nax
    Nax
    ✭✭✭
    Be sure to select your role, too (Tank, Heal or DPS). The group finder will get confused if you have all or none highlighted.
    Edited by Nax on January 24, 2016 3:41PM
  • hazey411
    hazey411
    Nax wrote: »
    Be sure to select your role, too (Tank, Heal or DPS). The group finder will get confused if you have all or none highlighted.

Pick one even if you can do both or it still will take a long time.