Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Thieves Guild PTS - Template Requests

Enodoc
Enodoc
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
I thought it might be a good idea to suggest to ZOS specifically what we want to see included in the PTS templates for Thieves Guild. Things like specific gear, CPs, zone access, and so on.

(I'll leave specific gear requests to others)

For the VR16 templates:
  • 501 CPs
  • At least one Wayshrine unlocked in each of the 22 base-game zones
  • No Guild memberships
  • No WW/Vampire

Level 49 templates (one per alliance), ideally with 143,250 XPs (right before VR1), and with no Main Quest progress. This is to test the unlocking of the new Veteran alliances setup.
UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gear may or may not be important, and would certainly encompass a ton of choices. However we should be able to test the transition from Leveling to VR.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »
    Gear may or may not be important, and would certainly encompass a ton of choices. However we should be able to test the transition from Leveling to VR.
    Yeah I think that's a must. A VR1 template might not appropriately catch the necessary testing of the transition phase. I mentioned gear specifically because I know a lot of people have mentioned in the past that they would like templates to have easy access to certain sets.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    We do plan on including a template that will allow you to test the transition from levels to VRs with the Silver/Gold changes.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Paulington
    Paulington
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The templates really need to work well this time around due to the new Trial. Running around with all infused gear feels like such a damage or healing loss.

Failing a box for each set (you'd need about ~174 boxes in total for each set in each weight divines/infused) is it not possible to just make us have 9/9 traits on our premades in the PTS @ZOS_GinaBruno?

To sum up, suggestion list:
    1. 9/9 Traits in all crafts on premades.
    2. All motifs on premades.
    3. At least one wayshrine in each zone.
    4. A box containing a few thousand of each VR16 crafting material.
    5. A box containing a stack of each crafting material such as tannins, style stones and more.
    6. A box containing a stack of each Alchemy/Provisioning material.
    7. A box containing divines/infused of each Undaunted set in all weights.
    8. A box containing all VR16 jewellery in the game.
    9. A box containing all Maelstrom weapons in all traits.

These are just the ones I can come up with off the top of my head but things like this are essential for meaningful testing. I am sure there are more I will add later. :smile:.
    Edited by Paulington on January 22, 2016 7:58PM
  • Preyfar
    Preyfar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Paulington wrote: »
    The templates really need to work well this time around due to the new Trial. Running around with all infused gear feels like such a damage or healing loss.

Failing a box for each set (you'd need about ~174 boxes in total for each set in each weight divines/infused) is it not possible to just make us have 9/9 traits on our premades in the PTS @ZOS_GinaBruno?
    Or add a vendor NPC that can sell the boxes with various traits rather than just make them pop up all at once.
    Edited by Preyfar on January 22, 2016 8:03PM
  • Paulington
    Paulington
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Preyfar wrote: »

Or add a vendor NPC that can sell the boxes with various traits rather than just make them pop up all at once.

This works too but I believe was requested and denied before.

Personally I would put four vendors in each crafting area and have one sell each type, so weapons on one, light armour on another, medium on the third and heavy on the fourth. This is a big undertaking though and the patch would need to be PTS-specific to remove those vendors afterwards so is probably impractical.

For boxes my suggestion would be to have one "Crafted Armour" box which when used contains three boxes, "Light", "Medium" and "Heavy". When these boxes are used they contain more boxes, one of each set and then the box for divines/infused/other traits in that box. Boxception!

Frankly though I'd just much prefer 9/9 traits and all crafting materials.
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think they said before that they couldn't add researched traits to template characters. (But that doesn't mean that they haven't changed that since then.)
  • Paulington
    Paulington
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Enodoc wrote: »
    I think they said before that they couldn't add researched traits to template characters. (But that doesn't mean that they haven't changed that since then.)

I do remember this but as you said it may have changed. Also, maybe there is a workaround such as the Skillmaster book or whatever it is on the PTS granting all traits as well.

There has to be some way, the current setup of the PTS actually allows for very little meaningful testing since we can't craft what we need to craft or test the items we need to test. Whether it is a box with 200 boxes inside other boxes with all the gear, vendors that sell it or all traits researched there is a way.
    Edited by Paulington on January 22, 2016 11:21PM
  • GTech_1
    GTech_1
    ✭✭✭✭

To sum up, suggestion list:
    1. 9/9 Traits in all crafts on premades.
    2. All motifs on premades.
    3. At least one wayshrine in each zone.
    4. A box containing a few thousand of each VR16 crafting material.
    5. A box containing a stack of each crafting material such as tannins, style stones and more.
    6. A box containing a stack of each Alchemy/Provisioning material.
    7. A box containing divines/infused of each Undaunted set in all weights.
    8. A box containing all VR16 jewellery in the game.
    9. A box containing all Maelstrom weapons in all traits.

These are just the ones I can come up with off the top of my head but things like this are essential for meaningful testing. I am sure there are more I will add later. :smile:.

I would highly recommend implementing the template suggestions given by @Paulington

I may not agree with everything @Paulington posts on this site, but I will echo what he mentioned in the above quote:
    The current lack of these options has frequently prevented any sort of meaningful testing, on template characters.
    Currently, the only meaningful tests come from our current characters, after the character copy.

Since I am on the NA server, this generally means that I am unable to re-test a large number of bugs that I have reported, after the fixes are applied to the PTS, with an "apples to apples" comparison.
    Instead, I am left with guesswork, created by the limited templates, and that generally leads to those very same bugs appearing on the live server.

More robust templates would go a long way towards solving these issues.

As always, I hope this helps,
    ~GTech_1
  • Soris
    Soris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Unlocked all crafting skills and 9/9 research for each piece and lots of crafting mats with upgrade materials. Or just give the sets in boxes
    Welkynd [Templar/AD/EU]
  • silky_soft
    silky_soft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do EU transfers first half of pts and NA second please
    Here $15, goat mount please. Not paying 45 : lol :
    Netch is free with a cleanse and free magika. You nerf siphon into the ground. Nice balance team.
    How do you go home every night and say, I did a great job at work today. You actually do your job properly.
    Step 1: roll templar. Step 2: level up jabs. Step 3: slap on weapon damage build. Step 4: que for bg. Step 5: leap...jabsjabsjabsjabs
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    silky_soft wrote: »
    Do EU transfers first half of pts and NA second please
    There's a thread about character copy over here. This thread is for what we would like to see available in the templates.
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Cinbri wrote: »
    We need templates with all new sets to test with the first transfer, not to wait half a month to get it for tests.
  • SpAEkus
    SpAEkus
    ✭✭✭✭
    If they can't make up enough boxes of crafting materials, at least add ALL the rest to the normal vendors at 1G prices so we can buy items even after we lose Character Copy after 1st 2 weeks.

I re-verify all the crafting data I can as soon as I have my copy, but after that there is no physical way to gather enough materials to continue.
    Edited by SpAEkus on January 30, 2016 5:46PM
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also, in addition to 9/9 traits on everything, the templates on the last PTS did not have the Provisioning skill maxed. Not sure why it was left out and the other consumables skills were maxed. Please include this in the list ...