The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Items lost in the mail

llSRRll
llSRRll
✭✭✭
Not sure where this one's suppose to go but I made a friend of mine some Blue armor today and he never got it in the mail smh. Is this a bug?
  • OmniDevil
    OmniDevil
    ✭✭✭✭
    Chances are one of two things happened (is happening)

1) You mailed it to the wrong person.
    2) Mail lags a bit, so it doesn't always show up. Changing zones or logging out and back in will resolve this.

If either of the above isn't resolving the issue or isn't the case (not sure I buy it, but ok), then submit a support ticket. You won't get much of a response from ZOS regarding issues like that, here.
    Edited by OmniDevil on January 21, 2016 8:02PM
    Rogue's Gallery (EP)(NA)(XB1)

Proud Member and Officer
    We’re recruiting for our ESO (Xbox One) Chapter
    ESO Application: Apply Here
    Homepage: http://www.roguesgalleryguild.com/
    TF Guild Page: http://tamrielfoundry.com/groups/rogues-gallery/
    Character List
    "Varyn Wryn" cp427 Nord Templar (Magicka DPS/Healer)
    "Maelis Artorius" cp427 Redguard Dragonknight (Stamina DPS)
    "Arius the Shade" cp427 Khajiit Nightblade (Stamina DPS)
    "Astalor Bloodsworn" Level 7 Altmer Sorcerer (Magicka DPS)
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    To get mail do one of three things

1. Go into or out of the Thieves Refuge
    2. Travel to another Zone
    3. Travel to a Player that is in your guild, your friends list or your group, they can be in the same zone as you are in now

Or, wait 2 minutes to 20 minutes and it will show up.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• llSRRll
    llSRRll
    ✭✭✭
    Yea I tried all that stuff guys thx, Its just gone. He didnt get it and I dont have it in my inventory. It was only 4 blue pieces of Vampires so not hugely upset about. This has happened to me before, I just know now not to send purple or gold items through the mail lol.
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You most likely typed the name in wrong - there's probably someone with a character or account name that's one letter different from his or something - or maybe someone with a character name that's the same as his account name, or vice versa. I did that before once when mailing a set of gear. The unintended recipient was kind enough to return it to me.
    Caius Drusus Imperial DK (DC)
    Bragg Ironhand Orc Temp (DC)
    Neesha Stalks-Shadows Argonian NB (EP)
    Falidir Altmer Sorcr (AD)
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Isabeau Runeseer Breton Sorc (DC)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
    Tylera the Summoner Altmer Sorc (EP)
    Svari Snake-Blood Nord DK (AD)
    Ashlyn D'Elyse Breton NB (EP)
    Filindria Bosmer Temp (DC)
    Vigbjorn the Wanderer Nord Warden (EP)
    Hrokki Winterborn Breton Warden (DC)
    Basks-in-the-Sunshine Argonian Temp
    Someone stole my sweetroll
  • llSRRll
    llSRRll
    ✭✭✭
    No I used my friends list on ps4 and sent the rest of the armor through the mail and he got it so I pretty sure its on eso's part. Its cool I was just curious if anyone else had this problem. Like I said before I'm just not going to send expensive items through the mail again. thx everyone for your help
  • MrTarkanian48
    MrTarkanian48
    ✭✭✭✭
    You have to be very careful on PS4…

I crafted a set of armor and weapons for a friend the other day which required sending two separate mails. First one went through fine, but he didn’t get the second one. I realized then that I had sent it to the guy on the top of my friends list. What appears to happen is that the friends list refreshes when someone either comes online or goes offline. So you scroll down to the name you want, but before you select that person if someone comes online your cursor will default to the person on the top of the list. Luckily I know that person and was able to ask him about it, and he returned to sender. Get in the habit to make sure you are double-checking the name on the mail before you send it.
    Wood Elf Stam NB (PVP)
    Redguard Stam Sorc (PVP)
    Altmer NB (DPS)
    Imperial DK (Tank)
    Redguard DK (DPS)
    Altmer Templar (Healer)

EP - PS4
  • Smitch_59
    Smitch_59
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You have to be very careful on PS4…

I crafted a set of armor and weapons for a friend the other day which required sending two separate mails. First one went through fine, but he didn’t get the second one. I realized then that I had sent it to the guy on the top of my friends list. What appears to happen is that the friends list refreshes when someone either comes online or goes offline. So you scroll down to the name you want, but before you select that person if someone comes online your cursor will default to the person on the top of the list. Luckily I know that person and was able to ask him about it, and he returned to sender. Get in the habit to make sure you are double-checking the name on the mail before you send it.

I believe the same thing happens on XB1. I crafted a couple of heavy items for my wife to research but she never got them. Later I saw my friends list refresh while I was getting ready to send her another message. So I assume the items went to the wrong person by mistake. Now I am very careful to look at the name before I hit "send."
    By Azura, by Azura, by Azura!
  • llSRRll
    llSRRll
    ✭✭✭
    Thx again, I have a feeling you guys are right. I too have noticed the friends list move around. I made some blue armor for a friend yesterday and delivered it personally lol.