Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

can any pro players answer this question?

izJordy
izJordy
✭✭✭
i'm wondering.. is it true that the more accounts you make the stronger you get? example i have a vet 16 but that is the only account i have, do i have to make more accounts get them to vet 16, so my last vet 16 account the 8th slot will be overpowered? is that true? can i just be fine with one account or do i really have to grind more accounts in order to get stronger? then make my last character a pvp one cause it will be the strongest cause its my last account? any information on this?
  • wayfarerx
    wayfarerx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    There is no buff whatsoever for having multiple characters or accounts. If you level multiple characters into the veteran ranks then you will be earning champion points, and those are account wide, but you could earn those same points with a single vet.

There are some bonuses to having multiple characters like splitting up crafting or using them as mules, but there is no raw numerical advantage.
    @wayfarerx - PC / North America / Aldmeri Dominion
  • Solariken
    Solariken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Each veteran character earns separate enlightenment each day that applies toward experience and champion point gain. So if you have multiple veteran characters and play them all each day, you can earn champion points far faster than only playing one character for the same amount of time.

• wayfarerx
    wayfarerx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Solariken wrote: »
    Each veteran character earns separate enlightenment each day

This is inaccurate, each account earns enlightenment daily but it is shared between all characters on that account.
  • izJordy
    izJordy
    ✭✭✭
    ty fo the replies the point is, what i've heard.. example if you have more accounts vet 16, u'll have more champion points to spend, but i guess there is no limit on champion points? it doesn't stop when you are vet 16? u can keep earning and earning? if thats the case i understand, but i thought at some point u cant earn champion points anymore so when u make a new account u'll have the champion points from the previous character + the one from this one which is double
  • wayfarerx
    wayfarerx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The current champion point cap is 501, you can earn up to 3600 but only spend 501. You can earn them by earning XP on any vet level character.

You will not get access to more champion points with more v16 characters. I have 2 v16s and 451 CP. On each of my characters I can spend up to 451 CP but I get no extra points for having 2 v16s.
  • yodased
    yodased
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Everyone is lying. Only when you get your 8th char to 501 champion vr16s all gold items and gems do you unlock the super secret mode.

Keep at it, you will get it one day.

(The above post is false)
    Tl;dr really weigh the fun you have in game vs the business practices you are supporting.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    izJordy wrote: »
    if you have more accounts vet 16, u'll have more champion points to spend, but i guess there is no limit on champion points?

As stated above, the absolute cap is 3600, but you can only use 501 of them right now.

What can happen with multiple characters is you tend to park some or most of them for a while and use one character that earns CPs as they play. Then you go to an alt and load them up after not playing them for 2 or 3 weeks. Well, you have a bunch of Champ Points to spend on that character, because you earned them on another character.

So, it seems like you get more points, but what is really going on is your not spending the points your getting on all the characters at once. I load up my alts and usually have 12 to 20 champ points to spend on them, but they have been hanging out in a tavern or a bank for week or two and not doing anything.

Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Didgerion
    Didgerion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    izJordy wrote: »
    i'm wondering.. is it true that the more accounts you make the stronger you get? example i have a vet 16 but that is the only account i have, do i have to make more accounts get them to vet 16, so my last vet 16 account the 8th slot will be overpowered? is that true? can i just be fine with one account or do i really have to grind more accounts in order to get stronger? then make my last character a pvp one cause it will be the strongest cause its my last account? any information on this?

No there is no relation between two accounts. It will take you just more time and nothing in return.

The multiple characters of the same account however share the same bank and the same CP system.
    They don't make each other more powerful in any mean but there are some advantages having multiple characters providing you have a lot of time playing the game. Here are some benefits of having multiple characters per account:
    - You can do daily quests multiple times (once per character) that will give you a greater chance to get good gear.
    - You can use your other characters to store your items if your main character runs out of storage space.
    - You can try different play styles.
    - You can split the crafting professions among your characters this way you will use less skill points for crafting abilities and more skill points for fighting abilities and passives.
  • Johngo0036
    Johngo0036
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is no advantage to having multiple toons at VR16,
    However do remember that as you level them through VR levels you will gain CP's..

CP's you could also have gained with your existing toon..
    PC EU Megaserver
    @Johngo0036
    CP900+
    Altmer Magicka Sorcerer |The-Irritable-Witch(DC)
    Orc Stamina Dragonknight | Gru-Bolar(DC)
    Dunmer Magicka Nightblade | Chewbucca(DC)
    Khajit Stamina Nightblade | Gleaming Daggers(DC)
    Altmer Magicka Nightblade | Miss Chewbucca(EP)
    Argonian Magicka Templar | Walks-With-Friends(EP)
    Argonian Templar Healer | Dr Toxic(EP)
    Orc Stamina Sorc | Lady Streaks-Alot(DC)
    Dunmer Magicka DK | Whips-n-Chains(DC)
    Nord Warden | Demi Tank(DC)
    Dunmer Magicka Warden | Crafter-O-Crafts(DC)
    Bosmer Stamplar | Forest-Plump(DC)
    Argonian Hybrid Nb | Men-O-Paws(DC)
    Bosmer Stamblade | 'Maui(AD)
    Altmer Magicka Sorcerer | Mid-Life-Crisis(AD)

• Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You seem to be confusing the terms character and account.

To make another account on PC you have to buy another copy of the game and register it, and then the two are completely separate and give no benefits to each other (except that you could mail yourself items you find on one account and need on the other). I think on consoles you can make multiple accounts using 1 copy of the game, by creating separate profiles on the main console menu, but again they would be completely separate.

What you're talking about is making more characters. Each account can have up to 8 characters (per server), but making more characters doesn't make the new ones stronger than the original.

As other people have said what will happen though is that after getting a character to Veteran levels you'll start earning Champion Points (CPs), which are account-wide. So if you do that and then make a new character they'll have CP's to spend right away, which will make them stronger than a character of the same level on an account that has no CP's. But they won't be stronger than your first character.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • Vonovosi
    Vonovosi
    ✭✭✭
    The only real perk to having more than one alt at v16, is having the experience of playing more than one class, and developing an understanding of the skillsets that each class possesses. This helps in PvP and in group content.
    VR16 Khajiit Stamina Nightblade=DPS-(AD)-PC NA-Kuwabatake Sanjuro
    VR16 Breton Sorcerer-DPS/Healer-(DC)-PC NA-Charles Baudelaire
    VR16 Altmer Sorcerer=DPS/Healer-(AD)-PC NA-Lottie Millhaven
    VR16 Dunmer Dragonknight-Tank-(EP)-PC NA=Cthulhu Hllalu
    VR16 Imperial Dragonknight-Tank-(AD)-PC NA-Leeroy Jhenkins
    VR16 Breton Magicka Templar-Healer/DPS-(AD)-PC NA- Nina Hagen
    VR16 Altmer Magicka Nightblade-DPS-(AD)-PC NA-J R Bob Dobbs
    LVL39 Redguard Stamina Templar-Tank-(DC)-PC NA-Wesley Willis