Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Did they change Prisoners Of The Sphinx?

Appleblade
Appleblade
✭✭✭✭✭
The room where you light the four braziers to rescue Veranus Macatus is full of bear traps that respawn 5 seconds later so you can't clear them out. There's about 15 of them. You need to run between the braziers and light them within a certain time which the bear traps prevent. Consulted videos online and... None of them show bear traps.

?????
  • Appleblade
    Appleblade
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Should say they respawn 5 seconds after you disarm them.
  • Appleblade
    Appleblade
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Worked it out. You don't have to wait for the disarm animation to complete. Disarm move disarm move light brazier and so on. Still doesn't explain why no one else in the videos even had bear traps.
  • Jermu73
    Jermu73
    ✭✭✭
    Yes confirmed. Bear traps actually respawn like in 2 seconds. This type of quest are just stupid and luckyly you dont have to do this kind of quest. Not sure if it is on purpose or not but i cant see the point of it. ;)
  • Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It gave me some problems, but I manged to light the braziers.

Ideally, try to light the baziers in the corners and then jump as fast as possible to the central base, and from there to the central brazier
    Sarcasm is something too serious to be taken lightly

I was born with the wrong sign
    In the wrong house
    With the wrong ascendancy
    I took the wrong road
    That led to the wrong tendencies
    I was in the wrong place at the wrong time
    For the wrong reason and the wrong rhyme
    On the wrong day of the wrong week
    Used the wrong method with the wrong technique