Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Please help me choose: Ebonheart pact or Aldmeri dominion??

• Shardaxx
    Shardaxx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DC has the best quest zones imho.
    PS4 - Europe - Shardaxx - Wood Elf Nightblade - Aldmeri Dominion
  • The_4O4
    The_4O4
    ✭✭✭
    I'm in DC myself, and I'd recommend joining AD, they seem to always be winning in pvp. I have one alt in AD and all of the people seem friendlier then in DC
  • Dread_Guy
    Dread_Guy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    file_183333_0_zoidberg-header-642x362.jpg
    "My name is Julius Decimus Heraclius, Guildmaster of the Scions of the Sun, Brigadier of the Covenant Army, loyal servant to the High King Emeric. Brother to a betrayed legion, son to a fallen empire. And I will have my vengeance, in this life or the next." ---Julius Decimus Heraclius (Imperial Templar)
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    All peoples will eventually be under the stewardship of our great and glorious Aldmeri Dominion. Join the winning side!

(In seriousness, the upshot of ESO is you CAN try both. :))
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works

How to turn off the sustainability features (screen dimming, fps cap) on PC
  • pronkg
    pronkg
    ✭✭✭✭
    Henrypopz wrote: »
    I think I might give AD a chance since they have less players?

I played all 3 factions and found AD the most boring by far.

DC is the crowded one.

DC and EP zones and quest are more enjoyable
  • Volkodav
    Volkodav
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    AD all the way!
  • Father_X_Zombie
    Father_X_Zombie
    ✭✭✭✭
    Or you could try all 3 and see for your self.
    GT: AK x Zombie

Marcurio Avidius - Breton Sorcerer - The Flawless Conquerer - General
    Raven Avidius - Imperial Nightblade - Stormproof
    Cicero Avidius - Imperial Templar - First Sergeant
    Audens Avidius - Breton Templar - Stormproof
    Jimi Hendrix - Redguard Dragonknight - Stormproof
    Leliana Artaine - Breton Nightblade - Stormproof
    Brutus Decinus - Imperial Sorcerer - Stormproof AD
    Wait aren't you DC - Dark elf Nightblade EP
    Achilleus Infernium - Breton Dragonknight
    Claudia Aurella - Imperial Warden
    DC NA XB1

RIP XB1 NA Chillrend 2015-2017
    Home to emp farmers and roleplayers
    Put out of its misery by Brian Wheeler

• Elara_Northwind
    Elara_Northwind
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    AD is the best by miles! We have cat people! :smile:<3
    Sorcerer, Templar, Wolf Collector, Housing Addict!

GM of Salted Wings Tavern and Salted Wings Housing 🏠🌻

'A House is Built with Boards and Beams, a Home is Built with Love and Dreams'

Youtube - https://www.youtube.com/c/ElaraNorthwind
  • Spacemonkey
    Spacemonkey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I couldnt stand Shadowfen or Eastmarch zones of the EP. And overall, once your done with Deshaan, Shadowfen has a nice quest line but the marshes just get to me. It's personal. Eastmarch and The Rift have (imo) horrible quests.Your basically constantly saving every Nord leader from the way too obvious plot against them.

Only AD zone I thought was lacking was the 'cramped' feeling in Malabal Tor (that has a kind of cool quest line though with the Silvenar's Rival for the new Green Lady) - and Reaper's March which had a bit lackluster quests in the second half of it. But Reaper's March is like the coolest zone (landscape etc...) so it makes up for it.

My Breakdown::

1) Kenarthi's Roost >> Bleakrock & Bal Foyen
    2) Auridon < Stonefalls (Stonefalls is honestly pretty cool)
    3) Grahtwood = Deshaan (I like both pretty much the same, I think Grahtwood has the better quests, Deshaan slightly better landscape etc..)
    4) Greenshade > Shadowfen
    5) Malabal Tor >> Eastmarch
    6) Reaper's March > The Rift

If you are wondering for PvP (Cyro, IC):
    Then honestly it depends ENTIRELY of your timezone, campaign, console/pc, NA/EU, and what you are looking for (mostly empty, mostly dominant, mostly underdog etc..)
  • Lil_Willie
    Lil_Willie
    ✭✭✭
    #NOETA
  • Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    wayfarerx wrote: »
    Well, you could support the beautiful, gracious and wise Queen Ayrenn in her quest to forge an era of peace and prosperity for all citizens of Tamriel; or you could throw your lot in with a drunken barbarian who just wants everyone to get off his lawn.

Seems like an easy choice to me ;)

We have a Lusty Argonian Maid.
    Sarcasm is something too serious to be taken lightly

I was born with the wrong sign
    In the wrong house
    With the wrong ascendancy
    I took the wrong road
    That led to the wrong tendencies
    I was in the wrong place at the wrong time
    For the wrong reason and the wrong rhyme
    On the wrong day of the wrong week
    Used the wrong method with the wrong technique
  • Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    AD

Robot queen anyday over Amalexia, Slaves, and some incompetent drunken fool that needs you to do everything for him.

Also, AD has Razum-dar. Raz is by far the most complete character I've seen so far (halfway through Caldwell Gold) and sticks along for the entire Alliance questline. I've always felt AD's characters were better written between Ayrenn, Raz & the Green Lady.

Just Raz, the others are... support actors.

In EP we have Naryu...

In the wrong house
    I took the wrong road
  • Spacemonkey
    Spacemonkey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Xvorg Naryu is cool but she's absent for most of the zones outside of Deshaan - honestly more of her could have helped unifying the different zones' questlines - plus she's a cool enough character I guess.

Raz on the other hand is litteraly there ALL the time in AD. Because he's Raz. He's the only character I came across that seemingly does just as much as you (instead of you doing everything FOR him) - it makes the whole AD questline more immersive in my opinion.
  • Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @Xvorg Naryu is cool but she's absent for most of the zones outside of Deshaan - honestly more of her could have helped unifying the different zones' questlines - plus she's a cool enough character I guess.

Raz on the other hand is litteraly there ALL the time in AD. Because he's Raz. He's the only character I came across that seemingly does just as much as you (instead of you doing everything FOR him) - it makes the whole AD questline more immersive in my opinion.

Naryu gets back in Eastmarch...

But I do agree, she should have had a better role within the pact. Maybe a conexion between the Tong and Vivec

In the wrong house
    I took the wrong road
  • Vonovosi
    Vonovosi
    ✭✭✭
    I have been around since beta played live since day 1. I have alts in all 3 alliances at least 1 v16 in all 3. I primarily play AD because I made the decision to PVP in that faction from the start and have not deviated from decision. While there are many good players in all 3 factions, I honestly have seen the most immaturity amongst the EP faction. This is the reason I only have 1 alt there (I deleted my others) One example of this that sticks in my head, I was doing crafting writs in Belkarth when I saw a lawbreaker running from a guard (don't know what he did) I followed him to see if he would get away. When he got safely away I ran up to him and did emote of either /clap or /cheer can't remember which, he ran up in my face and did /spit emote I responded with /laugh and ran off. I have seen poor behavior on all 3 factions but honestly have seen the most from the EP. I honestly do not believe that such behavior represents the overall population of the EP, but there definitely seems to be a subculture of drunken nord immaturity in that faction. As far as which faction has highest population, I have a very hard time gauging that, TBH this is something that changes in time. The AD definitely controls the largest trade guilds on NA PC. As far as the storylines go, I think the DC probably has some of the more interesting themes. As far as landscapes, all 3 factions have something to offer. All 3 factions have npc's that are well-written.
    VR16 Khajiit Stamina Nightblade=DPS-(AD)-PC NA-Kuwabatake Sanjuro
    VR16 Breton Sorcerer-DPS/Healer-(DC)-PC NA-Charles Baudelaire
    VR16 Altmer Sorcerer=DPS/Healer-(AD)-PC NA-Lottie Millhaven
    VR16 Dunmer Dragonknight-Tank-(EP)-PC NA=Cthulhu Hllalu
    VR16 Imperial Dragonknight-Tank-(AD)-PC NA-Leeroy Jhenkins
    VR16 Breton Magicka Templar-Healer/DPS-(AD)-PC NA- Nina Hagen
    VR16 Altmer Magicka Nightblade-DPS-(AD)-PC NA-J R Bob Dobbs
    LVL39 Redguard Stamina Templar-Tank-(DC)-PC NA-Wesley Willis