Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Cross-Alliance Dungeoning?

KingDuncanVII
KingDuncanVII
✭✭✭
I'm not sure if this feature has been added yet, but I thought it was. If so, I don't know how it actually works. How do I play dungeons with friends in a different alliance? If not, when exactly is it supposed to be added. I've been hearing talk about it.
Playstation 4 - North American Server - Aldmeri Dominion - Champion Rank 430
Magicka Altmer Nightblade | - Champion
Magicka Regaurd Templar | - Champion
Stamina Khajiit Nightblade | - Champion
  • DannyLV702
    DannyLV702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The only way to play cross alliance is by using the group finder feature. We still cannot manually group cross alliance with our friends. Your best hope is to have your friends queue for the same dungeon and hope you both land together
  • Magdalina
    Magdalina
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    DannyLV702 wrote: »
    The only way to play cross alliance is by using the group finder feature. We still cannot manually group cross alliance with our friends. Your best hope is to have your friends queue for the same dungeon and hope you both land together

This. Queue for same dungeon at same exact time and you may or may not have some luck(moreso if you have a nearly full group just missing a tank/healer(according to roles) and your cross alliance friend queues as tank or at least healer).
  • KingDuncanVII
    KingDuncanVII
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the help guys. Hopefully they'll add a feature to join your friends, specifically.
    Playstation 4 - North American Server - Aldmeri Dominion - Champion Rank 430
    Magicka Altmer Nightblade | - Champion
    Magicka Regaurd Templar | - Champion
    Stamina Khajiit Nightblade | - Champion
  • TheDracojan
    TheDracojan
    ✭✭✭
    Well, I'm not sure if I'm talking about something else or not, but I did dungeons with people from other alliances by simply making a group and teleporting there.
    I'm EP, party mates were DC, the leader teleported to the instance and we teleported to his location and there we were, all of us from two alliances happily dungeoning together.

Edit: leader had us on friends list before he /invite us.
    Edited by TheDracojan on January 17, 2016 7:09PM
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Magdalina wrote: »
    DannyLV702 wrote: »

This. Queue for same dungeon at same exact time and you may or may not have some luck(moreso if you have a nearly full group just missing a tank/healer(according to roles) and your cross alliance friend queues as tank or at least healer).

You can make a group without the tank or healer, start group finder, then immediately invite your cross-faction friend. The dungeon will scale everyone up to V16 this way.

Down side is occasionally you grab someone from the queue you didn't mean to and have to kick them, which is rude. But tanks and healers can usually get another group without waiting.

There's hope the next patch will make an in-game solution for manual cross-faction grouping.