Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Sorcerer question: Concentrated or particulated resources better

Drako
Drako
Hello guys, my question is simple. I cant decide what is the better way to make my sorcerer powerfully. I think both way can be work, but im not sure which is what i looking for.
My idea is to spread my stat points to stamina and magicka (and health ofc.), and also spread my perks between phisical and spell attack and crit, and use different gear: medium and light armor (3 medium:chest, leggings and shoulder, and 4 light). I can use spell in rotation, what cost stamina and magicka, and i do bot run out of resources. I use destro staff and bow in rotation.
But im not sure, that this is the best way to build. I also thinking about a sorcerer, with concentrated resources with the emphasis on magicka and speel damage. In this concept, i going to use 7/7 light armor, and 2 destro staff (flame and ice). My regeneration is good enough, and i use all my perks and talents to make my spell damage better.
So, my question, what is your advice? Can i make more dmg if i spend all my talents to spell damage, and use only light armor with stat on magicka, or particulated points between phisical and spell damage, can be good as the first concept.
I hope im understandable, and thank you for respect me with your opinion.
  • Magdalina
    Magdalina
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Unfortunately hybrid builds(stamina+magicka) aren't very viable right now. You could do that for fun but you'd definitely achieve better results just stacking magicka+spelldamage(or stamina+wep damage if you want to go the other way). You'd be missing out on 5 pc armor type bonus for both light and medium armor and your attacks would do highly medicore damage for either weapon.

Go 7/7 light armor or once you unlock Undaunted passives 5/1/1(5 light 1 med 1 heavy) for the extra resources. You will be squishy but your OP shield(Hardened Ward) will make up for that. By endgame most people dump all attribute points into magicka and rock destro+DW(DW on offbar for the extra spelldamage it provides). Resource management isn't that much of a problem these days with CP system and all. If you do have resources issues you could just enchant your jewelry with spellcost reduction/magicka regeneration and staff with restore magicka on hit. If you run group content it's also pretty common to get resource management support from your group(usually healer), there're several skills that help you recover magicka faster(such as last Undaunted skill, particularly its Mystic Orb morph, Weakness to Elements magicka restoring morph(forgot the name) in destro staff skill line and the resto staff Siphon Spirit skill).

Save that stamina for rolls;)
    Edited by Magdalina on January 17, 2016 12:31PM