Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

ESO support confirmed the best optimization for pvp with evidence

Superselo
Superselo
Greetings who likes pvp,
After having lots of try with game datafiles, I have found a way to minimize the lag problem of the Cyrodil ever!

First you should close the ESO for being these configuration succesful realy and;

Just need to go C:\Users\xxxx\Documents\Elder Scrolls Online\liveeu\UserSettings .
Than open it as ".txt", scroll down to bottom and you will see the parts starting with these numbers;
SET MaxNetworkWriteBuffer "104... "
SET MaxNetworkReadBuffer "104... "

You will need to change them as like below;
SET MaxNetworkWriteBuffer "10000000"
SET MaxNetworkReadBuffer "10000000"

Then save it as normal.
Note : If you dont want to change your settings by yourselves or by mistake just> right click>properties> tick to read-only and apply. You can change it when you want.

Note2 : When you joined the server you will see your lag increased realy much as numbers. But Just ignore it and go Cyrodil, enter a battle between 2 zerg grups then you can understand me well.

And it is done completely. Thats all, dear Tamriel Fighters. Your (additional) cyrodil lag dismissed!

As I said at the topic it is ESO support confirmed and this is my evidence.
http://hizliresim.com/28EpBd

So FIGHT well or DIE well and have FUN at all :) by @Selcukboy EU
  • timidobserver
    timidobserver
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Edited by timidobserver on January 16, 2016 6:01PM
    V16 Uriel Stormblessed EP Magicka Templar(main)
    V16 Derelict Vagabond EP Stamina DK
    V16 Redacted Ep Stam Sorc
    V16 Insolent EP Magicka Sorc(retired)
    V16 Jed I Nyte EP Stamina NB(retired)

• Lenikus
    Lenikus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ...I didn't see any evidence in here ._.
    ... Mai cave. >:3
  • Superselo
    Superselo
    Lenikus wrote: »

as I said it in topic also if you didnt see
  • Kr3do
    Kr3do
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Worked for me
  • Lenikus
    Lenikus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Superselo wrote: »
    ... That's only their default answer, and your own comment.
    #edit. Do you have the whole conversation there ?
    Edited by Lenikus on January 16, 2016 6:34PM
  • Superselo
    Superselo

Yes on my support account i have the whole conversation in same Communication History
    And also i talked with same person about this
    Edited by Superselo on January 16, 2016 6:46PM
  • Lenikus
    Lenikus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes on my support account i have the whole conversation in same Communication History
    So plz, scour those email logs and fetch us the part he agrees to that procedure. That'd be super. thx in advance.
  • Superselo
    Superselo
    Well i have no idea if this message they sent me default one, but in same conversation i said, i couldnt register the forum to tell it everyone. And in so short time they answer back to me for creating my forum account. Im sure same admin see all the conversation and if it wasnt legit he could tell it to me before creating my forum account. Well it will be realy nice if any admin see the topic and say something about this :)
  • Superselo
    Superselo
    I could save this settings only for me. But i am not selfish and also i dont wanna use this settings for me or my group or my faction. I just wanna help the all Tamriel. That was my dream to have less lag i can get and i could managed it. So everyone has to know it as my opinion.
  • Dredlord
    Dredlord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So plz, scour those email logs and fetch us the part he agrees to that procedure. That'd be super. thx in advance.

Stop acting like a tool, try the ridiculously easy tweak.......or not. It doesnt need an endorsement to work. Its not like you cant put the value right back again. Do you need someone to hold your hand ?
  • Uberkull
    Uberkull
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Bet you a taco that they don't know firsthand....they'll have to ask the guy with the red stapler.
    ▬ஜ Seeds of War, Piles of Skulls ஜ▬
    ▬▬▬ஜ twitch.tv/uberkull ஜ▬▬▬
  • danno8
    danno8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If that's the best optimization, then why wouldn't they solve all the Cyrodiil problems and just update every ones usersetting file already?

• Superselo
    Superselo
    danno8 wrote: »
    If that's the best optimization, then why wouldn't they solve all the Cyrodiil problems and just update every ones usersetting file already?

Before posting this topic, first i sent this information to the support team. And they said to me sharing this info on forum :)
    So i dont know it realy
  • Zyle
    Zyle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Weirdly enough I'm getting a way more stable connection in fights so far, will keep testing with bigger fights.

676 CP
    Zyle - LVL50 Stamina Nightblade - Former Emp AS - VMA Clear (Flawless)
    Joven - LVL50 Hybrid Templar
    Adion - LVL50 Stamina DK
    Radac - LVL50 Magicka Sorcerer
    Vanikath - LVL50 Magicka DK
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Little ESO search brings up this:

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/135971/terrible-fps

One of the comments explains each line of code you can modify. These will help with FPS issues. Any lag will likely be on the serverside.

Though it's interesting to not some lines deal with lights and how models/shaders look. Worth looking into.

Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • Escorpiao_Noturno
    Escorpiao_Noturno
    ✭✭✭
    It worked for me.
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for sharing. Looks like a small change in the config, so I don't see the harm in trying it out. Will give it a go!
  • timidobserver
    timidobserver
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    uberkull wrote: »

Bet you a taco that they don't know firsthand....they'll have to ask the guy with the red stapler.

I wish I had his @ name so that I can tag him directly.
    V16 Uriel Stormblessed EP Magicka Templar(main)
    V16 Derelict Vagabond EP Stamina DK
    V16 Redacted Ep Stam Sorc
    V16 Insolent EP Magicka Sorc(retired)
    V16 Jed I Nyte EP Stamina NB(retired)

• GreenSoup2HoT
    GreenSoup2HoT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'd like to see video proof of this happening. Can you provide video evidence for each perspective using the different setting's?

It would be really nice if this help's performance.
    Edited by GreenSoup2HoT on January 17, 2016 2:18AM
    PS4 NA DC
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd like to see video proof of this happening. Can you provide video evidence for each perspective using the different setting's?

It took me 2 seconds to make the change. Why don't you just try it out to see for yourself? I intend to
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Alucardo wrote: »

It took me 2 seconds to make the change. Why don't you just try it out to see for yourself? I intend to

Might convince them with this instead from the thread I posted:

SET MaxNetworkWriteBuffer "10485760" // 10MB network write buffer. I assume higher values would result in higher latency if too many packets get stuck in a queue (bufferbloat). If you want input to not get dropped, raise this value. If your router isn't tuned to handle packet queuing well, it may result in added delay though.

SET MaxNetworkReadBuffer "10485760" // 10MB network read buffer. I assume higher values would result in higher latency if too many packets get stuck in a queue (bufferbloat)."

Highly possible the original buffer files are too small for many calcs the game sends/received to the server? Either way before you edit this file, save a copy in case it crashes.
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • Tomato
    Tomato
    ✭✭✭✭

What's the word
  • IcyDeadPeople
    IcyDeadPeople
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Minno wrote: »

Might convince them with this instead from the thread I posted:

SET MaxNetworkWriteBuffer "10485760" // 10MB network write buffer. I assume higher values would result in higher latency if too many packets get stuck in a queue (bufferbloat). If you want input to not get dropped, raise this value. If your router isn't tuned to handle packet queuing well, it may result in added delay though.

SET MaxNetworkReadBuffer "10485760" // 10MB network read buffer. I assume higher values would result in higher latency if too many packets get stuck in a queue (bufferbloat)."

Highly possible the original buffer files are too small for many calcs the game sends/received to the server? Either way before you edit this file, save a copy in case it crashes.

This seems to be the default setting. Hard to understand how changing it from 10485760 to 10000000 would have any noticeable effect.
  • Superselo
    Superselo
    Minno wrote: »
    Little ESO search brings up this:

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/135971/terrible-fps

One of the comments explains each line of code you can modify. These will help with FPS issues. Any lag will likely be on the serverside.

Though it's interesting to not some lines deal with lights and how models/shaders look. Worth looking into.

Im talking about lag that server caused , not about fps problem if you didnt get it before.

It is work for everybody who has lag in cyrodil if they have already decent connection, and also you never get crash cause of this settings.

Also i need to add that i had max 28 fps in game with my normal laptop i bought at 2012. And after cleaning inside carefully and espacially the metal filter who has so many little holes in it that staying between little fan and the big cooling holes outside the laptop. After i did it i could get max 70 instead of 30. But everyone know that crowded places also effect your fps cause of the server that we can not change it until you decrease your graphic settings.
    Edited by Superselo on January 17, 2016 9:00AM
  • LarsS
    LarsS
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I find it strange that this small change should make a big difference, but I will try it. The numbers could possibly be be a flag which leaves it to the router to decide on buffer size, instead of the program.
    GM for The Daggerfall Authority EU PC
  • AbraXuSeXile
    AbraXuSeXile
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I tried it and it seemed like it made a difference but the lag might have stopped between my relog, it felt a bit better though.
    AbraXuS
    Grand Overlord Rank 50 [First EU]
    Clan Leader of eXile
    Gaming Community - Est. 1999
    Crashing an EP Wedding | DK Emp | 1vX | Between Enemy Lines | Hate Video | 5 v Many

• eserras7b16_ESO
    eserras7b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    I guess it's dangerous to touch this files, I'm not a programming expert and i'm scared of doing so, could someone explain to me why is this working looks like it is for some people. I'll keep an eye on this thread. Also would like confirmation of ZoS.
    Eptackt - Argonian Templar
    Belegrand - Redguard Nightblade
  • anitajoneb17_ESO
    anitajoneb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also would like confirmation of ZoS.

From what I understand, english is not the OP's mother tongue, and he (mis)understood the generic part of the message "we encourage you to use the official forums" with "you came up with a great solution, please post it on the forums", whichh is entirely different.

Could be a great solution nonetheless and therefore a very happy misunderstanding, and ZOS' technical opinion on this tweak would be much appreciated in any case.

• SmalltalkJava
    SmalltalkJava
    ✭✭✭
    It is a settings file. So to be perfectly safe all you have to do is make a backup copy of the file before you make the changes. if you don't like the results,put the original file back.

Nothing dangerous can result from this. If you back up first
  • danno8
    danno8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't see how changing network file buffer size from 10 MB to 9.5 MB can make any difference at all.

Placebo effect is strong in this thread.
    Edited by danno8 on January 17, 2016 5:43PM