Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Pricing items in the Guild need help

lastango
lastango
✭✭✭
Recently, one of the guilds I belong to sent out a message about how they would kick people out who are "undercutting" other sellers. Apparently, it's a big problem.

Here's my problem... I just price things at whatever... I belong to five guilds and when I need coin, I sell fast and cheap... I never thought about how it would affect others... I have no idea whether I am undercutting or not.

Anyway, if I want to stay in this guild (which I do), I need to make sure I am not undercutting/that I am pricing things "fairly."

How do I know how to do this?

Do I need to spend 4 hours searching through guilds and determine what the "going" prices are?

Is there a suggested list of prices anywhere?

I'd appreciate any assistance.

This guild I am in has MANY people.

Thanks, LT
  • EllieBlue
    EllieBlue
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well.. I don't know what to suggest really. As a GM of a 495+ members trading guild, I give people warning when their price is ridiculously high eg.500-2000% over the average price but only because it wont sell and wasting good selling space and affecting guild's overall sales. If the price is ridiculously low, I usually let the guildies know that its way too low just so they don't lose out on thousands of possible gold that they could fairly get for the item but not for undercutting. If they insist to sell very low, I would buy the item myself for a deal :D. You can scan your guild's listing but I am not sure that will help. All in all.. I think its kind of unfair to kick people if they insist to sell at a certain price. But each to their own of course.. Sorry, I have no useful suggestion.
    Edited by EllieBlue on January 16, 2016 5:37PM
    Nirn Traders GM (est 2015)
    PC EU
    Semi-retired. Playing games for fun. Super casual.
  • BreacaT
    BreacaT
    ✭✭✭
    If you are playing on PC then look at installing the master merchant add on. It bulds a list of sales data for your guilds and shows you average prices etc. Invaluable for getting your pricing just right. I tend to sell my stuff a bit below the average with no complaints from the guild masters. If they give you grief then go find a decent guild like nirn traders.
    Remember red = dead and a dead dd deals no dps.
  • DaveMoeDee
    DaveMoeDee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    lastango wrote: »
    Recently, one of the guilds I belong to sent out a message about how they would kick people out who are "undercutting" other sellers. Apparently, it's a big problem.

Here's my problem... I just price things at whatever... I belong to five guilds and when I need coin, I sell fast and cheap... I never thought about how it would affect others... I have no idea whether I am undercutting or not.

Anyway, if I want to stay in this guild (which I do), I need to make sure I am not undercutting/that I am pricing things "fairly."

How do I know how to do this?

Do I need to spend 4 hours searching through guilds and determine what the "going" prices are?

Is there a suggested list of prices anywhere?

I'd appreciate any assistance.

This guild I am in has MANY people.

Thanks, LT

The problem with their approach is that they are in competition with other guilds. I don't buy from the guild where I sell things because their prices are higher. They can do that because everything flies off the shelf in their guild.

In my other guilds, 1 can get good really good prices for certain items (not sure why), and the other 2 have weak prices. I will buy mats from the other 2, but I don't sell much there.

In those weaker guilds, a lot of stuff expires unless you price it low. The people complaining might not realize they have overpriced their items for their market.

In general, I use master merchant with coloring by guild. It lets me know what the proper price is in each guild. If you are on a console, you might have to just find another guild.
  • lastango
    lastango
    ✭✭✭
    I wish one of you would invite me to your guild (xboxone)

I'm in 5... I have 30 items listed in each... I think my prices are low, yet no one's buying.

I'm lastango on xbox.

Thanks for the advice, Lt