The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Group Finder.

charlieb
charlieb
✭✭✭
I guess it's a known thing that group finder is *** in this game. But when I finally get into a group, it's always set to veteran difficulty I'm level 12 I want to do the dungeon as its meant to be at my level. Is it really that hard to separate normal and veteran?
  • Mike_IG
    Mike_IG
    Just so you know just because the enemys show up as V16 it doesn't mean that it's a veteran dungeon.
    If you use the group finder tool then it sets the dungeon to V16 enemys but also scales all players to V16 as well (if you look on the top right of your character screen it will say that), BUT......... It doesn't mean it's a Vet dungeon.

A Vet dungeon takes place in the same place but has a different story and different bosses with harder mechanics.
  • jeppyboi
    jeppyboi
    OMG people still dont know about dungeon scaling :s
  • Shunravi
    Shunravi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Its called dungeon scaling. It should be old news by now. ZOS should add a loading screen blurb if they dont have one already.
    This one has an eloquent and well thought out response to tha... Ooh sweetroll!
  • DarthJadus
    It sucks horribly. Now it's even harder to do dungeons for lower levels. I'd rather wait the 2hours in Que to get a dungeon run my level and be useful than get a scaled dungeon that fails 97% of the time. A % boost to garbage stats is still garbage with no skills on top of it.
    Boo dungeon scaling. Boo.
  • LBC_Demon
    LBC_Demon
    ✭✭
    I love it. Thank you ZoS for letting me group with a wide range of people. As someone who plays anywhere from 12am to 5am Pacific Time I really appreciate it.
    Edited by LBC_Demon on January 9, 2016 11:01AM
  • maxetro
    maxetro
    ✭✭✭
    I tried to do some dungeons through group finder on my lvl 25 NB healer, 3 failed attempts from 5 as a result. It's possible, when GF is grouping you with lvl 40+ guys, but almost impossible when all your group is in a range of 10-30. Just because of lack of passives and skills, low level group doesnt have any decent aoe for trash packs, doesnt have enough sustain and burst to kill bosses quick enough and cant survive in a one-shoot kill mechanic on some bosses, and its even worse, when people never been in this dungeon before and doesnt know nothing about tactics...

So, in my opinion it should be changed. ZOS should reduce health pool and damage output for all mobs in a dungeons for group finder formed groups. Look at SW:TOR for example, it have similar level scaling system for normal flashpoints (dungeons in swtor), and yes, it's hard for a new low level players too, but at least its possible to do even in team with 4 dps and zero coordination.
  • Magdalina
    Magdalina
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    maxetro wrote: »
    So, in my opinion it should be changed. ZOS should reduce health pool and damage output for all mobs in a dungeons for group finder formed groups. Look at SW:TOR for example, it have similar level scaling system for normal flashpoints (dungeons in swtor), and yes, it's hard for a new low level players too, but at least its possible to do even in team with 4 dps and zero coordination.
    No offence, but maybe it should NOT be possible for a team of 4 dps and no coordination to do a dungeon? It sounds like a good opportunity to learn your class/role some. Isn't there a joy and great satisfaction in learning how to be better and eventually overcoming a challenge?
    I realize it's somewhat harder on low levels with lacking skills and all, but then you can always simply look for group through zonechat. Or wait until you level a bit more and get those missing skills if you think that's what stopping you from being successful.

Imho group finder still sucks but the dungeon scaling isn't that bad. Perhaps there needs to be some sort of optional switch "look for members within my level+/-5 only, no scaling"? I can't imagine it'd help much though, you'd probably end up in queue for 5+++ hours or something:/ Perhaps just try zchat for that.

• maxetro
    maxetro
    ✭✭✭
    Magdalina wrote: »
    No offence, but maybe it should NOT be possible for a team of 4 dps and no coordination to do a dungeon? It sounds like a good opportunity to learn your class/role some. Isn't there a joy and great satisfaction in learning how to be better and eventually overcoming a challenge?

You know nuffin, Jon Snuh!

In SW:TOR we have 2 types of a dungeons - story flashpoints (normal dungs in ESO) and hard flashpoint (vet dungs in ESO). Normal flashpoints is for story and can be done with any team (or even solo, if you choose solo mod), hard flashpoints is for lvl 50-65 players and you need a balanced group with a healer, tank and 2 dps to do it.
    And one more thing that ESO should took from SW:TOR is reward system for use of group finder. To encourage people to use it, it have daily commendation reward that players can use to buy gear, mounts, companion gifts, decorations for a home etc.

Now about a challenge and zone chat. I dont want a "challenge" in a *** dungeon that I already done hundreds of times and doing one more time on a low lvl alt first time for a skill point. I dont want to waste my time and nerves on a overly complicated content for my level and team. And I dont want to waste my time with zone chat, it's year 2016 now not 2004.
  • Andcun
    Andcun
    Whats frustrating on console is that even with mobs and players scaled...it IS still EASY. Thankfully on my 2 main characters I play tank and healer. Nearly instant que whenever I feel like grouping.

As soon as I zone into a dungeon, the first thing I look for is who is in group/area chat. This will tell you off the bat whether its going to be a good run or not. Other than red crap on the ground, the best thing you have going for you is COMMUNICATION!

Seriously, no one cares if you participate or not in the voice chat...but being able to LISTEN is key. Simple crap like take out the mob healers first, or focus on a certain mob, ignore these adds, etc. Basic crap, even if you're lvl 10 will get you through the scaled dungeons. Too many people are in the Skyrim/Oblivion/Morrowind mindset when it comes to dungeons.

Basically slap on that headset and listen to the people like maxetro, who have ran the place 100x already and you will have fun. You might actually begin to ENJOY playing with others in an MMO.

I hope this didn't sound elitist or anything like that...but especially for console without any text, communication is key. Mostly everyone who has made it to the vet levels and run dungeons/trials have working headsets. You might even make a few gaming friends. Those are generally also the fastest runs.

After 2 pulls of trash and no one on a headset, I just drop the group. Have fun just waiting.
  • snakester320
    snakester320
    ✭✭✭✭
    Magdalina wrote: »
    maxetro wrote: »
    I realize it's somewhat harder on low levels with lacking skills and all, but then you can always simply look for group through zonechat. Or wait until you level a bit more and get those missing skills if you think that's what stopping you from being successful.

Imho group finder still sucks but the dungeon scaling isn't that bad. Perhaps there needs to be some sort of optional switch "look for members within my level+/-5 only, no scaling"? I can't imagine it'd help much though, you'd probably end up in queue for 5+++ hours or something:/ Perhaps just try zchat for that.
    I waited 6+ hours as a dps still no run no zone chat on ps4 dont understand how ZOS didnt realize DPS always outnumber tanks and healers.. guess none of them ever played a mmo before!!
    i am lost at there 4 dps can queue for the run never works ppl leave group ends waste of time queueing good work ZOS!!
  • Taryf
    Taryf
    ✭✭✭
    ZOS didnt realize DPS always outnumber tanks and healers.. guess none of them ever played a mmo before!!

Ok, what is Your solution to that so many ppl decide to be DPS and so few to tank/heal?

PS4
    EU
    Imperial Dragonknight Stamina Tank
    Ebonheart Pact

M'aiq prefers to adventure alone. Others just get in the way. And they talk, talk, talk - M'aiq the Liar